Suzuki Swift vs Suzuki Swift Sport

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
120 on the wheel is good enough for 1.6 n/a la brother.... you haven't touch your engine yet right? so is microtech better than emu?

honda... you hate it or you love it. people who don't drive honda hate honda usually.. hehe..
honda is good but the parts are just so expensive.

1.5 with tdo4L ar.. what rpm does the turbo start producing boost? what rpm at full boost?
paiseh ar.. alot of questions for all you sifus...
microtech is stand alone, emu is piggy back... totally different ley...... piggy back have limitation if you going to do serious mod since piggy back is only cheat the stock ECU to made adjustment. i going for stand alone is to plan for future mod.

1.5 is running low comp while 1.6 is running high comp... if you wan to FI the engine u will not be able to high boost it else karrbooommmmmmmmmmmmm :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i love hondaaaaaaa but i no money to buy :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: FD2R

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
120 on the wheel is good enough for 1.6 n/a la brother.... you haven't touch your engine yet right? so is microtech better than emu?

honda... you hate it or you love it. people who don't drive honda hate honda usually.. hehe..
honda is good but the parts are just so expensive.

1.5 with tdo4L ar.. what rpm does the turbo start producing boost? what rpm at full boost?
paiseh ar.. alot of questions for all you sifus...
i am traget to get about 160whp by end of next yr :biggrin:
after tune up my microtech hoping to get about 130whp hehe
mircotech is stand alone while EMU is piggy back. piggy is cheating stock ecu to control the ignition, fuel and boost. there is will still be a point till the stock ecu can't support, then you got go for standalone ecu

1.5 is running on low comp while 1.6 is running on high comp, if you wan to FI 1.6 you can only do low boost, if high boost then engine will karrrrr booooooooom :smokin: :burnout:

i still love hondaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa but i got no money buy FD2R :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

how come become double posting??? :banghead::banghead::confused::confused::confused:

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
i am traget to get about 160whp by end of next yr :biggrin:
after tune up my microtech hoping to get about 130whp hehe
mircotech is stand alone while EMU is piggy back. piggy is cheating stock ecu to control the ignition, fuel and boost. there is will still be a point till the stock ecu can't support, then you got go for standalone ecu

1.5 is running on low comp while 1.6 is running on high comp, if you wan to FI 1.6 you can only do low boost, if high boost then engine will karrrrr booooooooom :smokin: :burnout:

i still love hondaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa but i got no money buy FD2R :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

how come become double posting??? :banghead::banghead::confused::confused::confused:

hehe.... i thought lt10 is piggyback also... i haven't even got my car yet... wait till next week when i really feel the sss first la... then i will decide what to do with it..

wah bro... if i don't remember wrongly..you have done up the intake and exhaust system only for power up... with proper tuning also can squeeze so much power on the wheels? the power of tuning cannot be neglected...

1.6 low boost for me should be good enough la.. according to hks bot kit specs, stage3(without intercooler) can get around 180whp and over 20kg of torque... such a small car with these figures is already a small rocket la...

fd2r is greattttt but i still prefer the older, 2door dc5 la.. hehe.... coz its cheaper... hehe...

Last edited:

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
dun forget if having turbo on a front wheel drive, the car will be difficult to control esp in attacking corners..... due to the characterise of sudden blast of power....

i still prefer to set up the car with a good handling

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
dun forget if having turbo on a front wheel drive, the car will be difficult to control esp in attacking corners..... due to the characterise of sudden blast of power....

i still prefer to set up the car with a good handling

boosting the m16a makes it more fun to drive i think... and you're right... it will totally different when attacking corners, more difficult for sure... thats why i used the word ' rocket'.. hehe

i think swift has very good handling d..... im not sure how good you want it to be la.. hehe

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Bud,

This is my personal take on the SSS. It only has 125bhp ( on engine,and alot less with Ron97) but I think that it is just enough . The real difference with the swift sport vs the std swift or other hotbatch is its class is its handling at the limit. The car gives you the confidence to push it to the limit, stay at the limit and have fun at the limit. Not many cars give you that.

This is what I really appreciate the SSS for.

If you want to mod the car and have mabe 200 bhp on wheel, buy another car which goes quick in a straightline. Not a SSS.

P.S. My sss still makes me take the longer road home from work everyday. hehehe

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
"I" as someone who drove a TC Swift
I suggest u stay NA
If want play turbo buy a CVR

3.5yrs back when i got my Swift
There's no option for me
No Swift Sport no Colt Ver R
Only Getz, Fit and Vios
Which are already many many years in the market
Only Swift 1.3 and 1.5 something new
Hence i got it
Back then no aftermarket performance toys for Swift hence i went this route
Since now market is flooded with NA performance toys why TC?

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
there are people doing below 2m50s in sepang with 1.6 NA about 120 whp... if have about 10-20 more whp doing time near to 2m40s is possible.. which can be on par with quite a number of honda b16a and some wrx.. i am hoping i am able to do 2m50s with current setup with proper tuning.

anybody here track with sss in SIC here?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I suggest u stay NA

There's no option for me
Only Getz, Fit and Vios
Hence i got it

tot you always want more power??? :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

still remember those days where not much sss and aftermarket part.... :biggrin::biggrin:
only thing to play around is RnD and DIY with all funny funny ideas....

all slow like :slug::slug:

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
opp61 : hehehehe.... i can't wait to get my sss hehehehe.... i never heard much negative feedbacks bout the sss..

dfx16 : problem is n/a is very expensive... all parts are from japan... i'm just looking for a fun car that i can drive everyday.

oinkoink : you sound like sic is really fun... i never been there... are you still going sic next month? i might be going to kl for training..

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
I suggest u stay NA

There's no option for me
Only Getz, Fit and Vios
Hence i got it
i think there must be a lot of hassle to TC a swift...
NA mod or SC will be great for swift i believe...

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
Bud,

This is my personal take on the SSS. It only has 125bhp ( on engine,and alot less with Ron97) but I think that it is just enough . The real difference with the swift sport vs the std swift or other hotbatch is its class is its handling at the limit. The car gives you the confidence to push it to the limit, stay at the limit and have fun at the limit. Not many cars give you that.

If you want to mod the car and have mabe 200 bhp on wheel, buy another car which goes quick in a straightline. Not a SSS.

I suggest u stay NA

There's no option for me
Only Getz, Fit and Vios
Hence i got it
there are people doing below 2m50s in sepang with 1.6 NA about 120 whp... if have about 10-20 more whp doing time near to 2m40s is possible.. which can be on par with quite a number of honda b16a and some wrx.. i am hoping i am able to do 2m50s with current setup with proper tuning.

anybody here track with sss in SIC here?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

tot you always want more power??? :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

still remember those days where not much sss and aftermarket part.... :biggrin::biggrin:
only thing to play around is RnD and DIY with all funny funny ideas....

all slow like :slug::slug:
i think there must be a lot of hassle to TC a swift...
NA mod or SC will be great for swift i believe...

t/c or s/c not much difference la... you still need to custom alot of parts unless you buy the s/c or t/c kit from japan/taiwan.

n/a is good la.. but expensive and no parts in m'sia? especially in ipoh....

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
Bud,

i totally agreed. that chassis of sss is concerntrated for total handling. i think it still handles gud up to 160whp. anything above 160whp will end up only for straight line. moreover, is ff car n its lightweight. incredible power will coz understeer n will lost the fun of the car.

my next project will be greddy easy cam. any1 from malaysia or singapore tried this cam?

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
i totally agreed. that chassis of sss is concerntrated for total handling. i think it still handles gud up to 160whp. anything above 160whp will end up only for straight line. moreover, is ff car n its lightweight. incredible power will coz understeer n will lost the fun of the car.

my next project will be greddy easy cam. any1 from malaysia or singapore tried this cam?
hehehe... yeah i was told that the swift is kinda 'tail-happy'..
greddy cams?? how much is it gonna cost??

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
hehehe... yeah i was told that the swift is kinda 'tail-happy'..
greddy cams?? how much is it gonna cost??

Greddy cams is a very mild cams not even 0.5 stage... give quite a bit of improve between 3-5k but after that nothing much.... is only 256 deg cams..... price wise i find its not worth it cost about 1.2-1.5k sgd with just the cams... give about 8-10bhp increase. the only good thing is you do not require a standalone to run this cams. installation will be cheaper since no need to change anything else just the cams.

Rrp's cams is better 264 deg give you increase from 4k-8k rpm.... it cost about 3k sgd with all the valves, valve spring, cams, gasket to raise compression to 11.6, retianer or so call valve seat. this cams give about 15bhp increase. require standalone or send the ECU back to japan for reflash. my advice is go for standlone like mircotech LT10s or haltech 1000. installatino will be more expensive since you need to reset almost everything for the head.

cost of sending the ecu back to japan reflash is about 1.5k sgd... so not much different from LT10s or Haltech1000.

my project next year will be monster piston 12.2 compression, rrp's 264 deg cams with all valve spring and valve change. next project in line will be customize intake manifold with 64-70mm cable throttle body.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I juz buy a clutch set..exedy racing clutch.What is the differences between my clutch and clutches like single plate,twin plate and so on...?I heard that racing clutch make a 'sound' when we step on the clutch.Will mine make that 'sound'?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience