MYVI Auto Gearbox Problems?

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
i just gave my wife myvi 1.3 auto to her sister...
already 5 years @ 100K+ km mileage, without any problem even with thrashing...
yes, i do maintain it as schedule...
now got a new auto myvi 1.5...

so conclusion on the issue???
if your auto GB got 'thud' sound or not engaging at the ring time...
then it's best to straight away consider this overhaul..
actual problem - don't know...:hmmmm:

Last edited:

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site

If those issues are being shown its best to get it checked before waiting for even worse issues to arise.

Actual issue would be the overall wear and tear of the internal parts, which requires a g/b overhaul which mech super lazy to do hence recon or a brand new g/b

Hows the new myvi btw when compared to to the old myvi, apart from the cc diff?

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan

Bro,u r lucky ur car no prob so far..
The problem comes only when the engine is cold,the gear didn't engage after we put gear D or R..The gear only engage after few second after rpm shoot up to 2k thus cause the gear to thud...
When the engine is hot, the gear change was silky smooth and no thud problem..
The car was maintain as schedule at perodua..
The only info my sis get from the mechanic was there is a gap after the mechanic dismantle and check the gearbox..What gap ,i really not sure...:sleep:
The person in charge at the counter keep telling every time they tune the gearbox ecu dy..:hmmmm2: but the problem still occur in the next morning...

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
The problem comes only when the engine is cold,the gear didn't engage after we put gear D or R..The gear only engage after few second after rpm shoot up to 2k thus cause the gear to thud...
The only info my sis get from the mechanic was there is a gap after the mechanic dismantle and check the gearbox..What gap ,i really not sure...:sleep:
The person in charge at the counter keep telling every time they tune the gearbox ecu dy..:hmmmm2: but the problem still occur in the next morning...

Doesnt the cold gear issue happen on most cars? like my satria 4g92p auto has the same issues even though after all the services and etc...thud or a jump or skip more like it yeah...

But myvi g/b and the avanza seems to be having the most issues of all (correct me if i'm wrong) even the auto g/b of kelisa still hardy on long term usage...

---------- Post added 01-19-2012 at 12:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 01-18-2012 at 10:28 PM ----------

Doesnt the cold gear issue happen on most cars? like my satria 4g92p auto has the same issues even though after all the services and etc...thud or a jump or skip more like it yeah...

But myvi g/b and the avanza seems to be having the most issues of all (correct me if i'm wrong) even the auto g/b of kelisa still hardy on long term usage...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Bro, i can't say much as i'm helping out a mech friend with his business on re-doing this gearbox.
All i can say is the o-rings,atf some secret method which he does get it working back to good. Most mech won't go through all the trouble of opening up the gearbox etc etc...
This guy works from home hence he takes the time to re do and make it work.
So far it has nothing to do with mounting or the gearbox bracket which they call it.

If you have these issues do give it a try with this mech. it's rm1400 for a year warranty and rm1200 for 6months bro.

Sorry for the late reply super busy with work today.
so basically people don't know what they are paying for? and your first post it was RM800, now rm1200?

for all we know maybe he just open it up, change the ATF filter, put in some additives and viola.. we wouldn't know.

plus this post sounds like a promotion/sales thread since there's no INFO sharing whatsoever. just "hi my friend can fix gearbox for X problem and its Y price and he do Z..and I won't tell you whats wrong and whats fixed"

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
the 1.5SE auto is considered as fun 'as-is'...
coz better power to weight ratio, compared to previous...
just need to wait for 3yr for me to fix back TITAN suspension...:hmmmm:

i think proper maintenance is the key, somewhat similar to how i maintain my SEG...
- auto gbox oil i changed every 25000-30000km
- every 3 times changed, will change the filter... (you can add more magnets while doing this)...

Last edited:

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
so basically people don't know what they are paying for? and your first post it was RM800, now rm1200?

for all we know maybe he just open it up, change the ATF filter, put in some additives and viola.. we wouldn't know.

plus this post sounds like a promotion/sales thread since there's no INFO sharing whatsoever. just "hi my friend can fix gearbox for X problem and its Y price and he do Z..and I won't tell you whats wrong and whats fixed"

Hey man sorry for the late reply, was away. Like i said i'm helping out a buddy here and not making a single cent. He does his work and it works if there's still a problem the myvi owners do get a refund. For sure atf,o-rings etc etc are all changed,but then again i'm not a mech i'm helping a house mech out here.

Sorry if it sounds like a promo thread, i would ask more and share it out with you guys when i see him alright.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

the 1.5SE auto is considered as fun 'as-is'...
coz better power to weight ratio, compared to previous...
just need to wait for 3yr for me to fix back TITAN suspension...:hmmmm:

i think proper maintenance is the key, somewhat similar to how i maintain my SEG...
- auto gbox oil i changed every 25000-30000km
- every 3 times changed, will change the filter... (you can add more magnets while doing this)...

I have to agree and in certain ways when its done up with the right rims it does look super smart..Just the price i feel should be as its a m'sian car and m'sian are buying it.. unless the pockets are fat its fine. Thats how i feel though... Still thumbs up on that myvi

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Insane Ian

I think 1400 is reasonable. Last time I was quoted 2200 for my corolla seg. My friend's perdana costs 2600 :banghead:.

But of course, like what people said, it is good that you can let us know the problem since you said you know the problem already. The cause of the symptoms. Not just telling people that you offer a service. That would be helpful...

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Insane Ian

I think 1400 is reasonable. Last time I was quoted 2200 for my corolla seg. My friend's perdana costs 2600 :banghead:.

But of course, like what people said, it is good that you can let us know the problem since you said you know the problem already. The cause of the symptoms. Not just telling people that you offer a service. That would be helpful...

hey Veloc, thanks man...

The main is issue is the sensor of the gearbox that won't sit in well when you guys engage into R or D... To be honest i'm not that of a tech man in this area guys..and i'm helping out a mech by putting up this service. Matter fact if the problem goes on and after the whole re doing of the with this mech, the warranty stands and the owner gets his cash back. To be honest i myself have helped return money to a few myvi guys from zth.

Sorry for the super long reply been really busy with my work.

Oh yeah another as far as i know the guys at perodua to lazy to change or re do the sensor hence telling myvi customers to change the whole gearbox.

Cheers guys

Apr 27, 2012
Seremban
my myvi 1.3 auto gearbox now got problem after running almost 270,000 KM. the O/D lamp start blinking after I go 80 KMH & keep blinking until i stop the car and go to N gear. Some time the gear jerking a bit from 1ft gear to 2nd gear till final gear. If I drive the car slowly around 60 KMH, no problem. Some time when engine cold the car will not change the gear and the RPM going hing till 4000 rpm. Can someone help me what is my actually problem. its my gear box need to change. I go to work shop to check the compoter and the result is P1703 Lock up speed disaccord, and the mechanic told me my gear box problem and need to change. need really help from your guy because i need to safe my money to my baby.

yukikaze26

Apr 22, 2009
Terengganu
Hi bro insane_ian, thx for info....I do have the same problem with my 7 years old myvi. I wanna know, how long it take to overhaul auto gearbox? Do I have to leave my car at the workshop for a few days??

Nov 20, 2012
Selangor
my myvi 1.3 auto gearbox now got problem after running almost 270,000 KM. the O/D lamp start blinking after I go 80 KMH & keep blinking until i stop the car and go to N gear. Some time the gear jerking a bit from 1ft gear to 2nd gear till final gear. If I drive the car slowly around 60 KMH, no problem. Some time when engine cold the car will not change the gear and the RPM going hing till 4000 rpm. Can someone help me what is my actually problem. its my gear box need to change. I go to work shop to check the compoter and the result is P1703 Lock up speed disaccord, and the mechanic told me my gear box problem and need to change. need really help from your guy because i need to safe my money to my baby.
i also face the similar problem like you. bring to Perodua and they also dunno how to do. they ask me to take out gearbox for inspection. they have change input /output sensor and TCM to test but problem still there.

got any know how to slove this?

djmarcus

Dec 7, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,

after been searching high and low for a solution i finally have an answer for all of those who
suffer from MYVI gear box problems.

Whereby if you put into Reverse-gear then never locks straight away... then it will back fire or jerk really hard (not smooth shifts)

Or at times you put into gear but it doesnt lock.... after 5 to 10sec then only it will engage the gear and you will get a loud sound like "thud" then it catches the gear to go forward or backwards.

Well if you were to go to a workshop or Perodua workshop they will insist that the whole gear box should be changed, correct?

I have a solution,

I managed to figure out the problem and be able to save you guys loads of money.
My foreman can do this for you (actually helping him out here since he saved me so much money and helping you guys who has the same gearbox issue as i had)

Well, for Price: RM800++

Warranty: 6months free.... (+RM200) another 6months warranty so total is 1year warranty

This could end your issues.

It's a total overhaul of your gearbox instead of changing it. Plus this foreman of mine is a long time friend and also ex-perodua mech,who has branched out and opened his own shop. So he knows the in and out of it.

If there's anything do call me at 012 3311 624 or pm.

I'm returning him a favour and i know alot of you guys suffer this same problem.
Free Bump 2014 !

Your contact number is not in service anymore. Could you please re-provide your current existing contact ? Thank you.