V-tec Vs Mivec

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
tat lancer gt is normal daily car la...not wit tat perangggg o wat every...even new civic k20a also no tat preanggg of k20a R...coz its daily car

mr_santaz

Feb 12, 2009
I think my lose bcoz of the rival is 15" Spoon made in Jpn lightweight rims...
& He is using AD07...Pick up should be beeter than me...
My 17" is taiwan rims...& A.Drive is not really a good performace tyres for Drag...

Actually, my frenz also riding VTEC...
They said that VTEC can retain 4000RPM during pick is the best...
But in fact, my Mivec will traction unitl like u playing game....roarrrrrrrrr

I might say...MIVEC is higher comprs. casuing hiher torque so that traction might have all the time...
I can feel after I changed my Exedy 3 pucks Semi racing clucth it can even a bit traction when i change from 2nd to 3rd gear...Pls consider also I'm using 17"
But it's was last time...now put ori clucth bcoz it tear my flywheel & change twice...

So i can say...competative must have everywhere...
Spend ur $$ worthly....
Nothing is the best...
Instead I ain't a MIVEC supporter but admire it...

I suppose to play VTEC but bcoz the car value is not worth & the cost is very high in terms of car value & spare parts...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

consider la the body that carry the engine...honda body so heavy la bro..of course proton body will carry mivec..try to challenge proton with vtec that people do nowday with mivec also in proton body..of course vtec go first bro...

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
yeahh...camproo...hahahaha....it's depends on driver's skills actually...no matter what car u use..if the driver sucks...cannot go anywhere lo...

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
wrong, in circuit race. car tunning, setup n strategies is more important then the driver. even team R3 was using other car, its still can win the race.
this because team R3 was strong.

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
Do u guys know that its no longer called MME race for 1.6 and 1.8 category? Now named as 1000km RACE...

One of the rules and regulations is:
ONLY the Vtec track car must be 100kg more weight than Satria, Toyota...

*100kg is equal weight to one motor bike

If Vtec track car is treated fair, do u guys think the the winner will be the same??

Last edited:

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
wrong, in circuit race. car tunning, setup n strategies is more important then the driver. even team R3 was using other car, its still can win the race.
this because team R3 was strong.
agree with artworkz...in circuit race..team work and strategies are the most important..but when it comes to street race...driver's skills comes first...

this kind of discussion will never ending...both engine (mivec n vtec) has its own pros and cons...

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
track car have limit on horsepower n weight. so vtec, mivec, campro or vvti is battle on fair condition. only tunning and strategies play main reason. if team korea Kia`s motor racing also race in 1000km, base on their profesional of the team n their budget. i think a Kia Cerato can win the race.
but on street is totally different. we can tune our h/p as we like. we can use open pod, rebore piston, width tyre n everthing.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I have never heard a B16a would lose to a 1.6L Mivec...maybe, the driver was the problem...:burnout:
if in track or touge road is different. suspension, brake n tyre play main reason.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
track car have limit on horsepower n weight. so vtec, mivec, campro or vvti is battle on fair condition. only tunning and strategies play main reason. if team korea Kia`s motor racing also race in 1000km, base on their profesional of the team n their budget. i think a Kia Cerato can win the race.
but on street is totally different. we can tune our h/p as we like. we can use open pod, rebore piston, width tyre n everthing.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

if in track or touge road is different. suspension, brake n tyre play main reason.
I am comparing original setting for both actually...at that time, VTEC was far more superior if compared to MIVEc...and I believed Mitsubishi dropped this technology for many years until you heard about Evo MIVEC technology...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Mivec tech in EVOs is continuously variable cam gear, not like the cam profile switching we see in vtec and old mivec systems.

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
never ending story but good topic for newbies. Both engine got pro and con, depend on the application,daily driven car,drag car,track car or illegal race..But to me most of this category vtec is more favorable due to the part availablity and tunning session.. I love mitsu engine but have to admit honda engine has it own capablities.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
never ending story but good topic for newbies. Both engine got pro and con, depend on the application,daily driven car,drag car,track car or illegal race..But to me most of this category vtec is more favorable due to the part availablity and tunning session.. I love mitsu engine but have to admit honda engine has it own capablities.
yah i totally agree. a good car not oni because the engine.

mitsubishi always have develop the mivec(valve lift technology) . grandis is using sohc mivec. cs model lancer have 1 version of ralliart 2.4 sohc mivec n many more engine adopt mivec design.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo POWERZONE,
i owned wira SE (non-rear brakedisc one), do i need to change to PZ xtractor? i've asked your dealer in miri (KM), and they said that i do not need to coz proton already tiru the PZ xtractor design in wira SE. a bit confusing to me.. hope to reply me ASAP..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience