4g93T gsr engine rebuild, need advice

fscheon

Known Member
Apr 27, 2006
The GDI(Gasoline Direct Injection) version doesn't have injectors on the inlet manifold. It's on the cylinder head itself. If u are currently having a fuel rail attached on the manifold, then it's a non GDI.

The turbo in the picture is from Evo 1. Small 16G unless it's modded, no body can tell... The Big 16G is taken from Evo 3. The punched number on the comrpessor housing should be 47 for Big 16G.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

=.="
VR4 uses TD04.
VR4 RS uses TD05 14B.
wow thx for the info hehe....guess mine is the non GDI version lol....hmm orh i think the owner previously serviced the turbo unit at tong turbo already....not sure what is the fins size unless i go dismantle the whole unit & check haha...nvm i'll just let it run first....hehe still in the midst of tranplanting haha..=D

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
lol WTF speedspin give me wrong info...
I thought vr4 using TD05H?
who gave u wrong info?.. google up the info...Come la bro..

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

The GDI(Gasoline Direct Injection) version doesn't have injectors on the inlet manifold. It's on the cylinder head itself. If u are currently having a fuel rail attached on the manifold, then it's a non GDI.

The turbo in the picture is from Evo 1. Small 16G unless it's modded, no body can tell... The Big 16G is taken from Evo 3. The punched number on the comrpessor housing should be 47 for Big 16G.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

=.="
VR4 uses TD04.
VR4 RS uses TD05 14B.
wah never heard vr4 used td04 before...

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

haha yeah loh this i also know..
btw I call firdaus from speedspin...he told me that VR4 RS turbine housing is still 7mm bro...
only VR4 turbine housing is 6mm bro...hmm so should i get 6mm or 7mm to reduce the lag bro?
7cm2 or 6cm2.. not mm...!

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

guys and sifu sifu sekalian
right now im using TD05-20G...power is nice but lag...sob sob..
i was thinking of changing to another turbine instead...
just wanna whether you guys know when is the boost coming for T04E Ar.50? and T3/T4 Ar.50?
if 20g too big or too 'lag' for u ...dont find or even look at t4 turbo...find t3 or t2 turbo..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

if 20g too big or too 'lag' for u ...dont find or even look at t4 turbo...find t3 or t2 turbo..
Got... Vr4 memang use td04. But vr4 rs uses td05 14b ma...

U're the pro man...

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
Got... Vr4 memang use td04. But vr4 rs uses td05 14b ma...

U're the pro man...
im the pro??...y u said like that?..im not yet the pro..i wished i will become someday :love:perhap
vr4rs use td05h-16g ma... 14g at early cylone and 1g, same with 14b (diff country diff setup)...rvr use td04hl ...this is wat i know...im not try to argue or to be sifu:hmmmm:...just share wat i know not wat i donno..and this is forum is all about ..rite? y u getting mad or something..:burnout:

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
i know who that guy, he3.. he already check that emange setting. 1) that emanange mapping only set till 8K rpm. 2)ignition timing setting on 0-0 (must set retart for hi boost). 3)injector setting also 0-0. 4)engine cc setting to 1900cc. 5) engine spec must set to turbo engine but set at vtec engine. 6) injector saiz set 560cc but use 700cc. hahahahaha this is the result why that gsr engine KEBOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
err.. i bought an ecu from someone at kajang, rempit with him to his house at show me destroyed JE piston .. is this u ? :stupid:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
im the pro??...y u said like that?..im not yet the pro..i wished i will become someday :love:perhap
vr4rs use td05h-16g ma... 14g at early cylone and 1g, same with 14b (diff country diff setup)...rvr use td04hl ...this is wat i know...im not try to argue or to be sifu:hmmmm:...just share wat i know not wat i donno..and this is forum is all about ..rite? y u getting mad or something..:burnout:
err... Bro... I always admire ppl with knowledge and hands on skill. U're one of them. I didn't get mad. Maybe the way my emoticons is.. Hehe...

But the VR4 auto memang runs on TD04... Anyway... Thanks for educating me... The
more I know, the more I know I don't know... An old saying... Hehe...

In fact u helped me before on the phone n PM once upon a time on my first BOT failure on my TD04L in some suggestions and rectification on my problems. If u remember me...

No hard feeling brader...

Last edited:

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
err... Bro... I always admire ppl with knowledge and hands on skill. U're one of them. I didn't get mad. Maybe the way my emoticons is.. Hehe...

But the VR4 auto memang runs on TD04... Anyway... Thanks for educating me... The
more I know, the more I know I don't know... An old saying... Hehe...

In fact u helped me before on the phone n PM once upon a time on my first BOT failure on my TD04L in some suggestions and rectification on my problems. If u remember me...

No hard feeling brader...
yeah..maybe...vr4 with auto tranny run with it..i donno..coz for me it just too small for 2L engine..should have H OR HL not just TD04..:idea:..i not try too be hero here...in fact i never say u r wrong actually..i just said i never heard of it..:biggrin:

wah which one la u..i cant remember coz there is a lot if people call me with BOT problem..maybe if u come to my kedai i will ingat u..haha..

i just a bit panas when there is "someone" call for help then said i gave them the wrong info..WTF! put my name somemore..thank you for that.. i help them for free wat!@#@#$$...if u already used 7cm2 turbine housing..to improve ur spool then changing to 7cm2 again- wat the point??..change to smaller turbine a/r..not same a/r..

ya sure ..no hard feeling...:biggrin:

Last edited:

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
sabar bro sabar...ni adalah dugaan bila u jadi famous :)

i pernah gi speedspin and had a nice chat with bebolagalas T altho i x beli barang.explanation was awesome and make sense....nice place to visit..

bro maybe soon i need s256 :)

anyway thanks for u explanation the other day

fscheon

Known Member
Apr 27, 2006
hi to all gsr'ians, i would like to enquire if any of you have a spare GSR CK Gearbox Firewall side mounting bracket for rear crossmember mounts? i have lost mine during purchasing of the engine from the previous owner, he did not provide it to me damn...hopefully there is some1 here have spare's for sale.....urgently need it as i cannot complete my transplant due to missing stuff....cannot even go to puspakom/jpj registration without the bracket >.<

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
yeah..maybe...vr4 with auto tranny run with it..i donno..coz for me it just too small for 2L engine..should have H OR HL not just TD04..:idea:..i not try too be hero here...in fact i never say u r wrong actually..i just said i never heard of it..:biggrin:

wah which one la u..i cant remember coz there is a lot if people call me with BOT problem..maybe if u come to my kedai i will ingat u..haha..

i just a bit panas when there is "someone" call for help then said i gave them the wrong info..WTF! put my name somemore..thank you for that.. i help them for free wat!@#@#$$...if u already used 7cm2 turbine housing..to improve ur spool then changing to 7cm2 again- wat the point??..change to smaller turbine a/r..not same a/r..

which was why I suggested the TD05 14B 6cm2 housing.

No worry bro if dun remember me. I'm nobody. And that time, I decided to take the risk of getting another hc unit. Worth the risk, served me 1 year + before I sold it n convert to GT2560R... Hehe...
I've spoken to u on the phone. I've meet up with tong face to face... Both of u guys also great ppl. Willing to help. But Tong is a little impatience when noon question are ask n a customer thinks he knows better than him. Haha... I've seen that when I was hanging around in
his shop.

I wonder why ppl say he lansi before eveneeting him.

BTW, my friend's VR4 with switchable gb also comes with a TD04. Don't know got H or not.

sabar bro sabar...ni adalah dugaan bila u jadi famous :)

i pernah gi speedspin and had a nice chat with bebolagalas T altho i x beli barang.explanation was awesome and make sense....nice place to visit..

bro maybe soon i need s256 :)

anyway thanks for u explanation the other day
agreed

hi to all gsr'ians, i would like to enquire if any of you have a spare GSR CK Gearbox Firewall side mounting bracket for rear crossmember mounts? i have lost mine during purchasing of the engine from the previous owner, he did not provide it to me damn...hopefully there is some1 here have spare's for sale.....urgently need it as i cannot complete my transplant due to missing stuff....cannot even go to puspakom/jpj registration without the bracket >.<
look for a runner. My friend's car was endorsed before the engine is fixed onto the engine. Can kow Tim one la...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site

chill bro you are a very nice guy bro no doubt about it....
just wanna clarify the which version of VR4 is using that 6cm only...cheers bro dont get mad bro

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
haha..ya ya...lala..im cool sorry for the irritating behavior..haha...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site

you have my apology bro should have put your name here haha...forgive me boss!!!

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

haha..ya ya...lala..im cool sorry for the irritating behavior..haha...
so mind to help me with my problem???
really hope to reduce lag but I've been finding for this VR4 RS turbine for about 2 months still cant find it bro...sob sob...

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
you have my apology bro should have put your name here haha...forgive me boss!!!

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

so mind to help me with my problem???
really hope to reduce lag but I've been finding for this VR4 RS turbine for about 2 months still cant find it bro...sob sob...
find vr4 bro..td05h with single blade fin..6cm2..the problem is the turbine housing normally crack..it hard to find without crack one..

aiyo bro..u can mention my name no problem at all...but did i gave u the wrong info? that the only matter..:hmmmm:.. dont find the rs..coz the rs use the 16g. cos rs version is 'evo 0'. before evo 1

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i have a fren running td05 on a 1.6 mirage err no issues and no lag complains so far
i guess the keyword here is TUNE. If i slap in a gt42 without tune i bet it will spool tomorrow.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Go ahead, drool, it’s ok, I did the same while writing this. For most of us, this will end up as another collection in our wallpaper folder. For the rest, I don’t like you. Yes, I’m jealous. I can’t afford this car, not for now anyway. Wishful thinking, I know. But can you blame me? Look at it; it’s stunning. Yes, there is already a roofless F430 running around, its called the Spyder, some of you may remember it from the movie...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience