4g93T gsr engine rebuild, need advice

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ALGKajang

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
Hmm... 1.8mm-2mm would be good for a 8.6:1 set up. I'm not sure what does the mechanic meant by 1 more time skimming... Cause I don't know how much material is skimmed from ur engine head. But it won't be anything more than 1mm. If 1mm, the cylinder head cannot pakai liao...

Have i missed anything in my previous post..? I mean, he rechipped his ECU to 9krpm, but the e-manage only till 8krpm.

But I wonder if he tell the shop that he's gonna boost that high when he does the rechip. Cuz, if the shop knows owner's boosting so 7 high, he would have map for 9-10 AFR and retart the timing at top end within the ECU itself...

Anyway... that's just to let u know that any piston fails regardless of boost... it's the tunning... And BTW, whatever ECU u gonna use... There's no way of getting rid of detonation... U'll just reduce the risk. That's because u have full control over all the mapping within the ECU. Detonation is part of the thermal property of the fuel... Not the ECU.
i know who that guy, he3.. he already check that emange setting. 1) that emanange mapping only set till 8K rpm. 2)ignition timing setting on 0-0 (must set retart for hi boost). 3)injector setting also 0-0. 4)engine cc setting to 1900cc. 5) engine spec must set to turbo engine but set at vtec engine. 6) injector saiz set 560cc but use 700cc. hahahahaha this is the result why that gsr engine KEBOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
i know who that guy, he3.. he already check that emange setting. 1) that emanange mapping only set till 8K rpm. 2)ignition timing setting on 0-0 (must set retart for hi boost). 3)injector setting also 0-0. 4)engine cc setting to 1900cc. 5) engine spec must set to turbo engine but set at vtec engine. 6) injector saiz set 560cc but use 700cc. hahahahaha this is the result why that gsr engine KEBOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Walaneh... So much mistake done..? So, how's life brader..? Any new project going on bosss...? Still in Kemaman or U're in KL..? Bile free for a drink..? My threat... Let's talk about politics until 3am... Huahahahaha....

ALGKajang

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
Walaneh... So much mistake done..? So, how's life brader..? Any new project going on bosss...? Still in Kemaman or U're in KL..? Bile free for a drink..? My threat... Let's talk about politics until 3am... Huahahahaha....
now in Kajang, no more project at Kemaman. My causin from kemaman also stay wif me now. I anytime free for yamca but segan ar bro....now only think about my family no more think about car, foreman and racing (sudah tua) larrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
guys and sifu sifu sekalian
right now im using TD05-20G...power is nice but lag...sob sob..
i was thinking of changing to another turbine instead...
just wanna whether you guys know when is the boost coming for T04E Ar.50? and T3/T4 Ar.50?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
just wanna whether you guys know when is the boost coming for T04E Ar.50? and T3/T4 Ar.50?
If u don't wanna mod ur downpipe n exhaust flange, Look for vr4 rs turbine housing. Port alittle to fit in ur turbine. It'll serve u well.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
yes bro you told me that before...but the problem is it is so difficult to find VR4 RS turbine housing bro...
on an evo, TO4E spools in quite quickly. But will start coughing at 4-5krpm and choke at ard 6krpm. Hp rate slightly lower than a td05. But it's good for a 1.6-1.8.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hmm T04E also start to cough at 4-5krpm eh...is there any turbine that kick in earlier? What about T3/T4 AR50?
I tested T04E comes earlier than TD05, but my meaning of coughing means it begins to be inefficient at around 5krpm on a 4G63T

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

now in Kajang, no more project at Kemaman. My causin from kemaman also stay wif me now. I anytime free for yamca but segan ar bro....now only think about my family no more think about car, foreman and racing (sudah tua) larrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Kaka... No worry brader..... Remember it wasn't automotive that we were talking about until 3am... It was the G and politics....

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
I tested T04E comes earlier than TD05, but my meaning of coughing means it begins to be inefficient at around 5krpm on a 4G63T

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Kaka... No worry brader..... Remember it wasn't automotive that we were talking about until 3am... It was the G and politics....
oh....inefficient at 5krpm eh..
so far my TD05 power is good from 4K-6K...
but I just hope that the boost can kick in faster only...if not just like normal 1.8na before boost kick in :sleep::sleep::sleep:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
but I just hope that the boost can kick in faster only...if not just like normal 1.8na before boost kick in :sleep::sleep::sleep:
U can't have everything in a package. A GT2860R maybe... Hehe... Or VGT/VNT lo. Wastegate also no need. I wonder what standalone can control it???:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

U can't have everything in a package. A GT2860R maybe... Hehe... Or VGT/VNT lo. Wastegate also no need. I wonder what standalone can control it???:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
haha yeah loh this i also know..
btw I call firdaus from speedspin...he told me that VR4 RS turbine housing is still 7mm bro...
only VR4 turbine housing is 6mm bro...hmm so should i get 6mm or 7mm to reduce the lag bro?

fscheon

Known Member
Apr 27, 2006
Not for GDI version.
orh hmm GDI.....CK GSR got GDI / Non GDI version? what's the diffrence & how do i diffrenciate weather isit GDI or not? c'z i just baught the engine & have no idea which version isit haha...i oni know it's from CM5A GSR lolz...if you don't mind can explain & how to diffrenciate within the two models? & further more any idea what td05 is this picture? isit 16g big / small? any idea?

Attachments

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
orh hmm GDI.....CK GSR got GDI / Non GDI version? what's the diffrence & how do i diffrenciate weather isit GDI or not? c'z i just baught the engine & have no idea which version isit haha...i oni know it's from CM5A GSR lolz...if you don't mind can explain & how to diffrenciate within the two models? & further more any idea what td05 is this picture? isit 16g big / small? any idea?
The GDI(Gasoline Direct Injection) version doesn't have injectors on the inlet manifold. It's on the cylinder head itself. If u are currently having a fuel rail attached on the manifold, then it's a non GDI.

The turbo in the picture is from Evo 1. Small 16G unless it's modded, no body can tell... The Big 16G is taken from Evo 3. The punched number on the comrpessor housing should be 47 for Big 16G.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

btw I call firdaus from speedspin...he told me that VR4 RS turbine housing is still 7mm bro...
only VR4 turbine housing is 6mm bro...hmm so should i get 6mm or 7mm to reduce the lag bro?
=.="
VR4 uses TD04.
VR4 RS uses TD05 14B.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
The GDI(Gasoline Direct Injection) version doesn't have injectors on the inlet manifold. It's on the cylinder head itself. If u are currently having a fuel rail attached on the manifold, then it's a non GDI.

The turbo in the picture is from Evo 1. Small 16G unless it's modded, no body can tell... The Big 16G is taken from Evo 3. The punched number on the comrpessor housing should be 47 for Big 16G.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

=.="
VR4 uses TD04.
VR4 RS uses TD05 14B.
lol WTF speedspin give me wrong info...
I thought vr4 using TD05H?

fscheon

Known Member
Apr 27, 2006

=.="
VR4 uses TD04.
VR4 RS uses TD05 14B.
wow thx for the info hehe....guess mine is the non GDI version lol....hmm orh i think the owner previously serviced the turbo unit at tong turbo already....not sure what is the fins size unless i go dismantle the whole unit & check haha...nvm i'll just let it run first....hehe still in the midst of tranplanting haha..=D

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
lol WTF speedspin give me wrong info...
I thought vr4 using TD05H?
who gave u wrong info?.. google up the info...Come la bro..

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

=.="
VR4 uses TD04.
VR4 RS uses TD05 14B.
wah never heard vr4 used td04 before...

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

7cm2 or 6cm2.. not mm...!

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

if 20g too big or too 'lag' for u ...dont find or even look at t4 turbo...find t3 or t2 turbo..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
who gave u wrong info?.. google up the info...Come la bro..

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

wah never heard vr4 used td04 before...

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

7cm2 or 6cm2.. not mm...!

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

if 20g too big or too 'lag' for u ...dont find or even look at t4 turbo...find t3 or t2 turbo..
Got... Vr4 memang use td04. But vr4 rs uses td05 14b ma...

U're the pro man...

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
Got... Vr4 memang use td04. But vr4 rs uses td05 14b ma...

U're the pro man...
im the pro??...y u said like that?..im not yet the pro..i wished i will become someday :love:perhap
vr4rs use td05h-16g ma... 14g at early cylone and 1g, same with 14b (diff country diff setup)...rvr use td04hl ...this is wat i know...im not try to argue or to be sifu:hmmmm:...just share wat i know not wat i donno..and this is forum is all about ..rite? y u getting mad or something..:burnout:

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
err.. i bought an ecu from someone at kajang, rempit with him to his house at show me destroyed JE piston .. is this u ? :stupid: