DC5 Advice

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
Bro my car is still stock, will forever remain stock!
So you can come TT, don't need shame shame cos u have me as stock kaki.

Prasath unfortunately now -400hp.

Tim, as usual, still trying to sleep with all the guys in the forum but so far still no luck.
stock my :reddy:

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
stock my :reddy:

stock dick kot.....:thefinger:

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

alamakk. kantoi. Sorry bro!

ok ok next TT I'll sure come.

How's everyone doing? Is aaron's car still 'stock' according to him? Is Prasath now hitting 400hp at wheel already? Is tim still spreading gay propaganda on this thread?
bang what happen to you? MIA again? :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Been going in and out overseas lar bro. See u guys soon lar! trackdays never went aa?

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Guys,

As some of you may know one of our friends (Prasath, bukan nama sebenar :biggrin: black dc5, bukan kaler sebenar :biggrin:) is having a bit of a k-series conundrum.

The conundrum is... what should he do when engine kaput? Is it a misfortune or opportunity?? :evil:

Opportunity here could be many things such as going two4 miahahahaha, or even go to the dark side of turbo-world or grow up and buy MPV :thefinger:

Why don't we try discussing this? What would you do? What factors need to be taken into consideration?

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

oohh... btw, allo there bb1-man! busy gile nampak!

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
i would go K24...simply because its N/A, its torquey, it still saves fuel....

prasath no need MPV to look like an uncle...... he is an uncle already.....:thefinger:

Last edited:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
if you wish to go for K24 then be prepared to part RM24K of your cash money! MPV is not an option either because prasath(not his real name) is just a 22 years old guy! so this left us with the turbo option. sell the DC5 and get your self an EVO 7!! but the maintenance will be on the high side.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Mr. Azman,

weiiii bila nak gi minum??

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
Building K24 takes up alot of time and money. Money wise the budget given to me seems not enough after talking to some ppl. Unless im willing to collect the parts first and rebuilt the engine later.

MEOR: :thefinger::thefinger: good morning dude....

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Forgot to give my 2 cents:

1 thing for sure bro, ur bound to still wanna play with cars. Ur a petrolhead like most of us here. So even if u sell off the car, ur bound to be searching for one to play around with sooner or later. So, i would say go two4. Ur gonna have to fix the car anyway. So why not fix it with a little extra umph...

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
do not be tempted to join the DARK FORCE (TURBO)!!! fix your car, go for K24 and you & timmy will live happily ever after!!!

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Building K24 takes up alot of time and money. Money wise the budget given to me seems not enough after talking to some ppl. Unless im willing to collect the parts first and rebuilt the engine later.

MEOR: :thefinger::thefinger: good morning dude....
u still got ur HILUX kan??? takpe we will wait until ur DC5 is up and ready!!

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
OK... lets discuss K24 peeps...

From what i gathered from previous onwer of my car, a basic setup can be done for less then 15k. He said get k24 RBB block, as it needs minimum prep and can safely run on stock internals (rods and bearings). The RBB block has squitters and has higher stock redline compared to other k24 blocks @ 7100rpm and its almost a direct bolt on block. But u'll need forged pistons and have to have it balanced and throw in a block guard for added comfort.... i recon this should be enuff, unless u wanna go sky high 9500 rpm!!

Last edited:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
minivan had posted a very good post. so you see prasath it is not the end of the world. with some research and patience the K24 dream can be materialized. take your time and plan your budget well.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
OK... lets discuss K24 peeps...

From what i gathered from previous onwer of my car, a basic setup can be done for less then 15k. He said get k24 RBB block, as it needs minimum prep and can safely run on stock internals (rods and bearings). The RBB block has squitters and has higher stock redline compared to other k24 blocks @ 7100rpm and its almost a direct bolt on block. But u'll need forged pistons and have to have it balanced and throw in a block guard for added comfort.... i recon this should be enuff, unless u wanna go sky high 9500 rpm!!

bro , which car does the K24 RBB come from ah??? :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I am preparing to do the above for my Volvo S60 came with 6 Speed Powershift DCT with wet clutches. I know Powershift isn't the most durable DCT around but this one seems to serve me very well for over 100k km's.

Just want to know, can the clutches rebuilt by replacing the clutch packs or have to buy the whole assembly that cost a bomb. Generally what's the mileage for DCTs ? Read from the web it supposed to last the "LIFETIME" of the car, which i call bullshit as the clutches...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience