DC5 Advice

Guys ,

:) when is the K series meet after raya and deepavali? shall we fix a date and start gathering interested parties? ^_^

abit too short notice to gather the big malaysia K series meet padangkilat mentioned wor... hehehehe

sabar...................need to discuss many things..................im in KL now............tomorrow meet at Haji's place.............

my brake pump seal is leaking....whole assembly cost around rm800++ :rolleyes:
anyone has got better deal else where? :banghead:

Bro,

Brake / master pump repair kit, is about RM400 +.

I bought a spare brake master pump to use , now planning to buy a brake master pump repair kit to repair my original.

it's those bloody O rings and gaskets inside it. so far, all my cars kena before.

try contact minivan. if i am not mistaken recently he had changed his brake pump seal without costing him a bomb.

thanks! i know repair kit is half the price, though my mech recommends to change whole assembly as the repair kit wont last long.

perhaps i should just try my luck and get only repair kit. :itsme:

haiya guys...juz need help here...how do we know if the dc5r steering rack is damage?? coz my ride got a cracking noise under the steering when i drive my car. idont know if it is really my steering rack o the rod end is damage??? :( need help from u guys thank u

haiya guys...juz need help here...how do we know if the dc5r steering rack is damage?? coz my ride got a cracking noise under the steering when i drive my car. idont know if it is really my steering rack o the rod end is damage??? :( need help from u guys thank u

take to a good mech and check :biggrin:

too much speculation also ........... doesnt serve a purpose.

but........

from my experience with rosak steering rods, there is too much free play in the ball joints/bush connected to the rack. that would be a sign of faulty rods.

the rack itself, can be adjusted. there is a adjustment socket on the drivers side, accesible from the bottom on the engine bay. check to see if that part is damaged.

otherwise, look at the rack itself in the engine bay, look for leaks and cracks.

and the power steering oil reservoir. see if the oil level is reducing.

:biggrin:

i've also changed my rack and rods before , but its usually just my bad luck :rofl:

thanx bro...i try to bring my car for a check...but here in brunei really hard to find a good mech :s

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom