RON95 on Evo

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Guys,

Care to share experiences on siapa2 ter-accidently refueling using Ron95 on their Evo?.

Any feedback?. Any side effects? any adverse feeling? Performance-wise?

Should our Evo could only refuel with Ron97 and above, I guess there will be a big problems especially when we travel out of towns. I think most of the petrol pumps in small towns would only selling Ron95, instead of Ron97.:hmmmm:

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Guys,

Care to share experiences on siapa2 ter-accidently refueling using Ron95 on their Evo?.

Any feedback?. Any side effects? any adverse feeling? Performance-wise?

Should our Evo could only refuel with Ron97 and above, I guess there will be a big problems especially when we travel out of towns. I think most of the petrol pumps in small towns would only selling Ron95, instead of Ron97.:hmmmm:
dont run in boost:driver:

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
I tried pump in RM10 on Ron95 once bcos my car almost out of petrol few days ago and for your amaze its really...................................................................................................
Increase my car knocking hou kau high....(just my personal opinion)...
Thanks to my Commander for the info.

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
so far i never try coz i dont wanna take the risk..........i found out a GTA pumped before...

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
I've been usin' the RON 95 lehhh since yesterday I can't find a pump who have the 97... The SHELL staff told me that they don't have the 97 at their pump cause they are goin' to increase the price to RM 2.08 / litre... Now I'm runnin' on 95... I'm drivin' at around 110 km/h,so I can't really feel the difference..

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
i try it already,but got knocking or not i dun know,turbo on runing is nothing diffrence...
but hp got a bit less:hmmmm:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Almost all modern car engines are Internal combustion engine ... so using a lower octane petrol means less power .... if u are cruising around speeds mentioned by MI on the highway at 110 to 120km/hr, your FC (fuel consumption) should be quite close to what u are doing if u were using RON 97 at the same speeds. If u 'ter-accidently' enter boost (above 0 bar) then that's where u will see the difference.

Another way u may see the difference is when driving in town. U will feel the 'laggy' effect when trying to overtake cars from the standstill or on the 2nd gear in a jam ...

Last edited:

hasbi_7

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
All car engines is Internal combustion engine ... so using a lower octane petrol means less power .... if u are cruising around speeds mentioned by MI on the highway at 110 to 120km/hr, your FC (fuel consumption) should be quite close to what u are doing if u were using RON 97 at the same speeds. If u 'ter-accidently' enter boost (above 0 bar) then that's where u will see the difference.

Another way u may see the difference is when driving in town. U will feel the 'laggy' effect when trying to overtake cars from the standstill or on the 2nd gear in a jam ...

PabloIceman.... your are right.... yesterday i fill up my car using RON95, then i test my car with 1 bar boost, my car kinda a bit heavy compare using RON97... (Tak boleh belah bila guna RON95)... can't feel the same kick when using RON97.... And the fuel consumption using RON 95 is a bit high compare to RON97. But if you drive without boost sure no problem with the fuel consumption.... Damn.... why some fuel station does not sell RON97 at all??? they should have at least 1 pump using RON97.... kinda miss RON97.... :banghead:

Azu MET008

Known Member
May 28, 2009
for me look like political decision / Agenda launching RON 95.

What happened if Wira / iswira / perodua cannot re-fuel RON 95 ? Who is going to win E.......? They don't want it to be like before la........

See the list car can @ cannot use 95 only few car cannot use & ...................

cha_boy

Known Member
Mar 25, 2009
seremban
waa.....
mati oooo...
can my car use RON95?
coz my car born in year 1994 reg 1999

hasbi_7

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
waa.....
mati oooo...
can my car use RON95?
coz my car born in year 1994 reg 1999

cha boy, what engine that you are using??? If highly @ medium mod of engine, better used RON97 lol.... that is my opinion la....

Why some petronas station just selling RON95 only??? why not sell RON97 also??? selling both still can make profit what???

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
my friend used it in airtrek turbo...knocking sound ler....quite loud when cruising at high rpm

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
my friend used it in airtrek turbo...knocking sound ler....quite loud when cruising at high rpm
EZ, that phenomena is called "Diesel knock" .. it's called Diesel Knock becos when original engines were made, the ran on diesel ...

It's becos the 'detonation' of the fuel produces less power to the engine.

Diesel fuel is intended to ignite instantly upon injection; the measure of this property is the cetane rating. Gasoline is intended to resist ignition until the spark plug fires; the measure of this property is octane. In either type of engine, uncontrolled ignition with multiple flame fronts causes engine damage/knocking. In the case of diesel, if the fuel doesn't ignite upon injection, a pocket of fuel is formed that later ignites due to the pressure rise caused by the main burn. The results are the same as gasoline igniting from the pressure rise before the main burn spreads to it. The multiple flame fronts collide violently, you hear a knocking sound and the engine is subjected to enormous forces that cause piston, ring, valve and connecting rod damage. The weakest component breaks first.

Last 2 sentences are important.

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
I think that's pre-mature combustion Pablo explaining, and that subject to injector spray pattern and spark plug gap. Yes, lower octane rate tend to ignite slow upon injection, and that can overcome by tuning. I had an airtrek tuned for Ron95 just yesterday, knock free (less power unfortunately compared to before).

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
I haven't try yet....but I will stick to RON97...what to do? hehehehe

SpeedThenEnd

Known Member
Jan 7, 2008
can pajero V6 3000cc use ron 95 ??? all petronas don have ron 97 ler ...... and at motortrader there no see the list car for ron 96 .

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

ron 95 i mean for the pajero V6 3000

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
I think that's pre-mature combustion Pablo explaining, and that subject to injector spray pattern and spark plug gap. Yes, lower octane rate tend to ignite slow upon injection, and that can overcome by tuning. I had an airtrek tuned for Ron95 just yesterday, knock free (less power unfortunately compared to before).
Yep, that's right Sub7. Explaining early combustion which produces the knocking for the benefit of EvoZ's friend in the Airtrek. I was informing that better to have the injectors and timing checked to prevent further damage to the engine components on that Airtrek.

Yep, we can tune our cars to run on Ron95 but i think not many of us will do that ... :rofl:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro pablo,
evo can tune for ron95.........?
how much it cost?

aaloon

Known Member
Nov 16, 2006
i also not dare to used it yet.....and here so info for ur reference:-
RON92 RON95 RON97​

Not sure is it 100% cant used & info get from my fren.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forumers and sifus here,

Just want to ask on this matter. I'm hoping for soem good advice and opinions especially from those who have done cross-drilled/slotted rotor in a machine/engineering shop. This happens to be the trend as it is cheap and looks cool.

1. Does it have any benefit in daily drive/track?
2. Does it have any bad effects such as reliability issues?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience