Need Help!!

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Hi guys,

I'm kinda new here! Earlier I post a thread in the Toyota forum about my prob. I need some help from you guys with much better experience about Celica ZZT231. My ride is the SSII with manual transmission. Problem is, I send my car at Sunway for a repair with it fuel pump and fuel filter altogether. The mechanic advise me to change it when they dyno my car and it showed a power band drop when it reaches 6000 rpm (the moment the VVTL-i kick in). He even gave me his full confident about it and told me everything will be back to normal.

While at it, he even suggest me to thrown in a e-manage piggyback ECU to boost the performance to 170 hp on wheels. He even showed me other Celica dyno file as a proof. Heck! I'm impressed!! So I agreed.

After waiting there for more than 8 hours, it's dyno time!!! What da' heck?!! The run only show 128 hp on wheels and my car still showed a power band drop after the 6000 rpm!!! On top of that...I gotta pay RM2,400 for that shit?!! Man....it's not the money that I care but the result really frustrated me!!! I really loved this car...the DC5 may have the advantage of hi-rev and raw power but this car top in the handling department.

So please, anyone in here...please help me to rectify this issue that has been burden me!! Tell me what's really wrong, where to fix it or even could give me the price range that I may pay to fix it...thanks for anyone that help me answering this thread...very much!!!

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Kasi reveal only the shop name , i have personally seen cases like this , if i were you , i will not pay the rm2400 man , and instruct them to remove everything and give me back my car as i pass it to you ...

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Thanks for the advise bro...heck! I may lost the RM2,400 but I ain't coming back there for sure!!! Drive safely.

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
I agree with Liz@rd.... I woundn't have paid them a cent for empty promises...... stock manual SSII would have dynoed at about 160whp.... do show us your dyno chart... need to see if it's due to lift engagement problem......

Bump: oh ya... it's definately have nuthin to do with your fuel pump and fuel filter.... your mech doesn't know his stuff or is out to chop you..... your stock ecu din throw any cel?

Bump: oh ya... it's definately have nuthin to do with your fuel pump and fuel filter.... your mech doesn't know his stuff or is out to chop you..... your stock ecu din throw any cel?

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Thanks Barbarian, I'll get it scan and post it here soon!

Last edited:

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Hi guys,

Yesterday I went back to the shop to sought out the hiding place for my e-manage. While at it I meet with the mechanic to consult with him on how to rectify my problems. He told me that he's willing to make a deal that I see is very much fair indeed. Change the exhaust system and see what happen from there since he think it's my exhaust that cause the problem. He even run a MUT checking to my engine with no extra charge and say its in very fine condition. Now, if the new exhaust change doesn't rectify the problem...he will not charge me a single cent on it. Fair right? That's why I really like about this shop on their professional solution and why I've been their customer more than 2 years now. I never said the shop is bad at delivering a great job nor the rest of its staff are a bunch of liar...I've never said that!! I just said I'm very sad of the outcome that cost me more than 2 grand and still doesn't rectify the problem I had. Any advise from you all?

It's not that I don't trust him, I need more info and help to undo my celica VVTL-i power drop issue. Please understand this, money don't grow on trees (unless u plant a marijuana tree at the back of ur house) or I was born with a silver spoon fed to my mouth. I love cars and sometimes I sacrifice most of my hard earn money into it than my beloved wife and daugther. For those who feel hurt from my previous post comments, I'm very sorry but I'm not sorry for my sad feeling from the outcome that I got. This car is simply stunning and I tend to keep it for the long run. So, please help me by giving me more info on ways to fix it.

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
my suggestion... find a new mechanic... the truth is, he knows nuts about this car or he is just out to con you.... if anybody ever suggested a new exhaust system to rectify a Lift problem, I will just walk away......

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
hi redcelica,

no panic my fren. im facing the some prob as u r n my ride is SS2 6 speeds too.
do u hv any engine light ON?
do check the error code. it might be the OCV of ur VVL n VVT
as well as the rocket shaft and VVTi controller.
or it might be juz the fxxking filter of those OCVs.
n the last possibility is ur wiring circuit gone wild. (this really shit as wat i know)
anyway, my car showing P1349 which is VVT system malfunction.
do check on ur error if hv. if not then u might need to debug it by try n error as wat i did previously.
besides that, hv u change ur lift bolt?
i hv change my OCV
n now juz waiting for my VVTi controller, and rocker shaft to be arrived from japan. will update soon if my problem solve.

lancersr20

Known Member
Dec 26, 2004
Malaysia
Hi guys,

I'm kinda new here! Earlier I post a thread in the Toyota forum about my prob. I need some help from you guys with much better experience about Celica ZZT231. My ride is the SSII with manual transmission. Problem is, I send my car at Sunway for a repair with it fuel pump and fuel filter altogether. The mechanic advise me to change it when they dyno my car and it showed a power band drop when it reaches 6000 rpm (the moment the VVTL-i kick in). He even gave me his full confident about it and told me everything will be back to normal.

While at it, he even suggest me to thrown in a e-manage piggyback ECU to boost the performance to 170 hp on wheels. He even showed me other Celica dyno file as a proof. Heck! I'm impressed!! So I agreed.

After waiting there for more than 8 hours, it's dyno time!!! What da' heck?!! The run only show 128 hp on wheels and my car still showed a power band drop after the 6000 rpm!!! On top of that...I gotta pay RM2,400 for that shit?!! Man....it's not the money that I care but the result really frustrated me!!! I really loved this car...the DC5 may have the advantage of hi-rev and raw power but this car top in the handling department.

So please, anyone in here...please help me to rectify this issue that has been burden me!! Tell me what's really wrong, where to fix it or even could give me the price range that I may pay to fix it...thanks for anyone that help me answering this thread...very much!!!
so sad...
it's happened everywhere, not only Sunway, ask your installer to get it right, or else, remove your emanage and get refunded.:confused::confused::confused:

I also sell piggyback but my way is different, 1st I will make sure your engine is running good then only I proceed for installation, after you've tested, then only you decide whether you pay or ask me to dismantle.

Last edited:

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Dear gsrTurbo9166,

Wow dude...that's a great help for me indeed!! First of all, my engine light never went on but I've never change the lift bolt. Do we need to change it especially the car that we got it from are recon?? Plus, is it expensive to change the lift bolt? Kindly if u r free, please PM me the shops that doing this...I would very much appreciate it! Thanks for the detail help man...wish u the best with ur car bro! Peace...

Bump: Thanks lancersr20!! I'll keep in mind if I wanna upgrade my ECU in the future but first...gotta sort out my prob man....many thanks. Ciao!

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
hi redcelica,

it is recommended to change ur lift bolts. if not u will end up something like me. the bolts broken n stuck at the rocker shaft. anyway, i bought my bolts at only RM16. pretty cheap i can tell u but im not sure whether the shop do hv any stocks or not since the 1 i bought is the last set of it.

my advise is to detach ur piggyback ECU and try to drive ur car up to 4k-6k. if anything goes wrong, the engine light might come ON. Y i recommend this bcoz previously i was running on Apexi Power FC but i get no engine light and this is hard for us to address the problem.

anyway, u can add me in MSN at [email protected]. we can discuss more on our problem over there. if possible send or post ur dyno graph here, mayb i can compare mine wif urs.

allance

Known Member
May 12, 2009
u can find nikki in kl help change ur lift bolt !012-2830 456

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Thanks a lot guys...allance, barbarian, gsrTurbo9166 and the rest!!! This weekend I'll post my dyno print here to get more info from u guys, c u all then...drive safe!

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Greetings everyone,

Firstly, thanks for all of you guys out there that were very kind indeed to give your most precious advise/suggestions regarding my issue. Secondly, sorry if I didn't post the dyno chart that I promise earlier for your viewing. See, thing is I'm rather busy the last weekend...busy taking your advise and put it in the effort to rectify the issue.

So, I decided to look elsewhere for help and ended up at this garage in Sungai Besi. All it takes for this guy is to drive my car for a block and straight away knew what's the problem with my car. He said it's the freakin' LIFT BOLT!!! He even open up the engine and showed me the broken bolt right in front of my eyes. I said (*in my heart)...CRAP!!! This gonna cost me!! However, after leave my car there for the weekend :sleep: ...this guy started to work to fix my car and then, the time comes for the dyno test which is last night when I took the car.

Yeaaaaaaaahhh baby...he fixed it... :nurse: he bloody damn fixed it!! To top that to my satisfaction...wait till you see the bill...it all sum up to just...wait for it...RM 350/= just to fixed the "problem" including labour la which is quite hefty but hey, I ain't complaining coz I'm damn well SATISFIED :biggrin: !! That my friends doesn't included the oil change, the belt change, fixing my oil leaking problem, changing few internal engine part with new, dyno, tuning and a few more things which totaled up to a mere 1 GRAND!!! That is frankly speaking...money well spend!!

And last night, I could slept well and I felt...RELIEF...so, thanks again guys (Barbarian,Allance,gsrTurbo9166,lancersr20 and the rest) for your help and million thanks to this "garage" that have done an outstanding job fixing and rectifying my problem!! All I need to see/do for now...is just wait and see how this car hold up after the fixing. If everything goes well and smooth...this garage will soon see more of me at his doorstep!!!

Cheers guys and safe driving... :wavey:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The story was that government say after motor insurance de-tariff, our insurance will get cheaper. My question, any of you guys got it cheaper? Referring to comprehensive covers only.

Also, I heard if you walk in to the insurance company yourself, you are entitled to 10% off. How does it work? Anybody can share? Especially for a new car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience