Challenge! Prices of R32 GTR

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
Buy a GTR if you are planning to maintain and enjoy the bond of owning one of the finest ride ever. Loan for 34GTR is definite easier and surely the last of the RB engines, considering the amount of mods available is really a long list to really empty ur pocket or bank balance. Be sensible on your purchase is all i can advice for a newbie.

As a daily driver im still very happy with a GTT....

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Buy a GTR if you are planning to maintain and enjoy the bond of owning one of the finest ride ever. Loan for 34GTR is definite easier and surely the last of the RB engines, considering the amount of mods available is really a long list to really empty ur pocket or bank balance. Be sensible on your purchase is all i can advice for a newbie.

As a daily driver im still very happy with a GTT....
What about not-so-newbie? :rofl:

But seriously, I've owned a GTR on a loan before...not a pleasant feeling. I'd rather own it outright in cash (or a special overdraft drawn upon an appreciating asset :idea: )

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I've never actually taken out a loan on a car before even when I had a few at a time and I have no idea how I would ever sleep at night with the thought of installments looming over me and then want to modify some more.

Actually, I don't even have a credit card even from when I was in investment banking. I wouldn't trust myself. Which is ironic cause people would trust bankers with their money and I didn't trust myself with anyone's money LOL

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
[PIMPIN];3470720 said:
I've never actually taken out a loan on a car before even when I had a few at a time and I have no idea how I would ever sleep at night with the thought of installments looming over me and then want to modify some more.

Actually, I don't even have a credit card even from when I was in investment banking. I wouldn't trust myself. Which is ironic cause people would trust bankers with their money and I didn't trust myself with anyone's money LOL
Agreed! You're so matured for someone so young! :adore: As Ali G said, reeessspectttt

From suffering through GTR ownership before, I would use a rule-of-thumb that if you want to own a GTR, you must have at least RM100k in cash allocated for the car.

Because if someone takes a high-margin loan out, it's very easy to quickly lose RM100k on the car.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Agreed! You're so matured for someone so young! :adore: As Ali G said, reeessspectttt

From suffering through GTR ownership before, I would use a rule-of-thumb that if you want to own a GTR, you must have at least RM100k in cash allocated for the car.

Because if someone takes a high-margin loan out, it's very easy to quickly lose RM100k on the car.
LOL bro, I'm not that young. To be honest, I don't know how one would juggle installments for cars, then running costs, parking, toll, petrol not to mention house mortgage, bills, groceries, school fees, etc. When I think of it all, it seems like too much to bear and I don't know if I ever have it in me to take on such responsibilities especially if it involves having a family.

It used to cost me about 25k a year to insure all 3 modded cars and around 8k to maintain them and even then the cars were paid for in cash so thats only for monthly servicing, toll, parking, petrol (full tank per day for whichever car I used for the day), car wash, etc. Eg: The 350Z had to have its bumper and side skirts touched up and resprayed monthly cause it was very low.

And that's not inclusive of modifications. Looking back, I regret buying the STI and I'm glad its recently out of my life cause if I could do it all over again, I could have bought an R32 and R33 for the same amount I spent on that lousy POS.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Adoi...
Those Scooby will come and hunt you soon for the POS Remark la
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My car is really POS
slow.. useless.. problematic
:biggrin::biggrin:

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
I hope STi's owners / die-hard fans didnt hear/read that.

:biggrin:

Gobiz, take RIPS's 32.. and let him 'do' the 32 and then bring it home... :biggrin:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my experience of nearly buying an R32GTR

It was a 1991 car and was supposedly quite loaded (e.g. twin 2530s, etc etc)

The problem was when I went to view the car, it was broken into already. It did not have seats, dashboard was messed up, ECU was gone. The car was in the shits.

The original asking price of RM125K obviously was no longer logical, the seller however did not want to reduce the price to less than 100k.

Overall the chassis looked alright, bodywork was great though.

In retrospect, I have no idea whether I missed buying a lemon or not.

HAHA.

The R32GTR will always be the legend. It is the purest, rawest and thus most charistmatic (short of the KPGC) of all the GTRs (35 included). Its look is unmistakable.

I believe if you can find one that is relatively pristine (V-spec even better), its more than a worthwhile buy. Think about it...

Instant street cred.
A legend will always be a legend
Cult classic
Lightest chassis
Rawest format.

The R33 and 34s are amazing cars no doubt in terms of technology and refinement. Esp over a R32
But an interesting observation amongst collectible items is the fact that Porsche owners will always bow to the 964s 911s although they are most probably slower than the 997s and less refined etc.... Its because the older cars have soul and purity of purpose. The newer ones are just watered down variations of the original vision

The R33 and R34 will always remain as that, truly capable japanese rockets with amazing potential. But when it comes to the subjective value of desirability and reputation, the one true GODZILLA is still the R32 GTR.

Just my 2 cents.

P.s. The R33GTR looks like a perdana coupe, I quote a female friend of mine. The R34GTR looks like a flying brick. The 35GTR looks like a mutated 350Z. but having said that she said the R32 looks like an 80's racing car which is what it essentially is anyways.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Adoi...
Those Scooby will come and hunt you soon for the POS Remark la
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My car is really POS
slow.. useless.. problematic
:biggrin::biggrin:
I hope STi's owners / die-hard fans didnt hear/read that.

:biggrin:

Gobiz, take RIPS's 32.. and let him 'do' the 32 and then bring it home... :biggrin:
Well, if die-hard Subaru fans then what are they doing in the Skyline section? Unless they secretly yearn for RB love. :wavey:

Also, I'm speaking from experience - I've gone to what was supposedly the better Subaru guys around (won't mention names) and they had their custom 2.3 stroker kit (not a typo) which costs 40k all in and I was taken for a test drive.

Although I'm thankful for the demo and the courtesy shown by the owner and his staff - this guy's enthusiasm and willingness to share info I believe is what makes their workshop well known - I was not impressed with the performance. He was seriously whacking it on Guthrie and still with all that money, it was hardly bang for your buck.

I'd say most Subaru's around struggle to get past the 400hp atw range and those who do either exaggerate or one of the few around. Fast GTRs have been around since the days of CAN1 and since then countless others have produced massive HP. Subarus locally still have a long way to go. I'm not saying their bad cars, they are really fun on certain roads but dollar for dollar the GTR will go faster with less money and mods.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
They're fun in spurts but are in no way wangan monsters.

I enjoy tailing them on the highway.

They try and try and try and try...

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my experience of nearly buying an R32GTR

It was a 1991 car and was supposedly quite loaded (e.g. twin 2530s, etc etc)

The problem was when I went to view the car, it was broken into already. It did not have seats, dashboard was messed up, ECU was gone. The car was in the shits.

The original asking price of RM125K obviously was no longer logical, the seller however did not want to reduce the price to less than 100k.

Overall the chassis looked alright, bodywork was great though.

In retrospect, I have no idea whether I missed buying a lemon or not.

HAHA.

The R32GTR will always be the legend. It is the purest, rawest and thus most charistmatic (short of the KPGC) of all the GTRs (35 included). Its look is unmistakable.

I believe if you can find one that is relatively pristine (V-spec even better), its more than a worthwhile buy. Think about it...

Instant street cred.
A legend will always be a legend
Cult classic
Lightest chassis
Rawest format.

The R33 and 34s are amazing cars no doubt in terms of technology and refinement. Esp over a R32
But an interesting observation amongst collectible items is the fact that Porsche owners will always bow to the 964s 911s although they are most probably slower than the 997s and less refined etc.... Its because the older cars have soul and purity of purpose. The newer ones are just watered down variations of the original vision

The R33 and R34 will always remain as that, truly capable japanese rockets with amazing potential. But when it comes to the subjective value of desirability and reputation, the one true GODZILLA is still the R32 GTR.

Just my 2 cents.

P.s. The R33GTR looks like a perdana coupe, I quote a female friend of mine. The R34GTR looks like a flying brick. The 35GTR looks like a mutated 350Z. but having said that she said the R32 looks like an 80's racing car which is what it essentially is anyways.
:wavey: Hello, RM125k? When did you view this?

Was the car in a warehouse in USJ by chance?

Anyway, I'm sorta an older guy (never even had a Playstation, my level was Sega Megadrive) and it seems older guys prefer the R32 for some reason :rofl:

I wouldn't listen to girls/women so much regarding cars. After all these years married to me, my wife is still hopeless with cars. :rofl::rofl::rofl: She prefers big 4wds, particularly a Rav4.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
I'm planning to do it the 'difficult' but safe way:

Buy stock standard cheap high mileage R32 GTR here in UK.

Bring home to Msia, register first.

Strip and sell the engine.

Send the shell to RIPS for complete reconditioning (like that thread I posted).

Also fit road-tuned RB30 (but ask RIPS to prove that it can do 10s first).

Then when the car arrives, drive it as my daily driver.

Of course, all dependent on costs :hmmmm:.......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
It was a grey one. The BNR32 grey.

Yummiest colour...

I love the older cars, a lot more character.

May be my age showing too.

Bump:
I'm planning to do it the 'difficult' but safe way:

Buy stock standard cheap high mileage R32 GTR here in UK.

Bring home to Msia, register first.

Strip and sell the engine.

Send the shell to RIPS for complete reconditioning (like that thread I posted).

Also fit road-tuned RB30 (but ask RIPS to prove that it can do 10s first).

Then when the car arrives, drive it as my daily driver.

Of course, all dependent on costs :hmmmm:.......:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I thought about doing it this way too BUT with a lightly different twist. Was thing about getting V Spec 32 in UK and shipping it back home.

A V Spec 32 is going to be the one and only one in Malaysia.

The rarest of the rare.

SP|D3RMaN

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
aedetailers.multiply.com
Is there a V-Spec R32GTR in the first place?
Wow. I didnt know about it.

Btw, i thought to import cars in, the car has to be within 5 years old from date of production?

Is student AP different in this case?

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Three lucky winners from Malaysia were rewarded by Castrol recently with the opportunity to travel to Madrid, Spain, where they got the chance to meet the Castrol Global Ambassador, Cristiano Ronaldo, and train at Real Madrid’s training facility at Valdebebas.

The trip was the result of an integrated Castrol campaign for its consumers and trade partners that saw Goh Su Chin winning the Castrol Edge...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience