.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
NA forever..

ok, i assume ur perdana V6 is still auto n/a..

if u hv a bunch of money to spend, go look for same-length extractor for V6..
then go get a mid sized centre box, a small bullet and s-flow muffler..

if i'm not mistaken, the inner diameter of the standard piping is 1.8", external diameter is 2.0"
u can maintain the same size or go up a little bit only, eg: 2.0" inner diameter..
don't go up too much or u will loose the back pressure of the exhaust (auto need back pressure, manual don't need)..

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Question; if the whole exhaust system has only a rear muffler..it would be LOUD as HELL right?

Whats a good setup for performance & low noise? say..for a 4age

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
hello, sifurian, is my set up okay? 4 2 1 hotbits extractor-bullet-ori muffler... all ori piping . wira 1.5 wise..... is it good fc ... any power high end or torque.... thanks......

kkchai

Nov 30, 2007
Question here :itsme:

Since you are using WiSE, means your extractor is from Macro?

Any changes after you change it to HotBits?

In current market, after market exhaust for Proton come from Powerzone, Hotbits, Macro, Chicken Brands and others i don't know (if anyone know, plz enlighten me), is there any different between them? What is their pros and cons? Or anyone have make comparison between them?

Thanks

satria29

Oct 12, 2008
shi fu, y manual car open pod not good? i tried felt dragging is good i mean pick up 1st to 3d gear is better... ????? newbi here..:adore:

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
BRO, i want to do a new setup for my exhaust system... currently 4 2 1 extractor----bullet----mid box----muffler. using wise original setup.... do i just throw away the mid box? and do a new piping..... then it will become 4 2 1 extractor------- bullet------original muffler.... is it good for performance and fc???..... what size of the piping suiteable???? engine 4g15 wise.....

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
what is the original size of the wise piping and what diameter should i change it to????? help needed here....

dweichoe

Known Member
Oct 28, 2007
Hi Kweng,

Actually i am from northern region but after doing survey, i find that you are famous with exhaust + getting a lot positive feedbacks from the customers. So i decided to get some advice before travel to your place for replacing my car's exhaust system. Hopefully i can get specialty~! hahaha...

Running on 4G93 DOHC with Wira chassis.

Current SetuP:
Stock extractor(cast iron)4 - 2 -(flexible hose)-1 > NO BULLET > direct to >1.8 Putra Stock Twin Tip Muffler
*Stock 1.5(4G15) Piping

Current Situation
When RPM reach 4K, the Muffler seems can't stand the strong exhaust flow ? it sounds like hitting the metal plate~!

Question:
4-1 Extractor will be better?

What would be the best setup for my 1.8 engine?

What is the most suitable diameter of piping should be pair with the 4G93?

Desire Result:
QUIET + Maintaining Low End Torque.

Twin Muffler (Left + Right)

Appreciating in providing advice.
Thank You.

Dec 24, 2007
hi kweng and other sifus,

car - Waja
Engine - 1.8 GDI turbo (stock)
Tranny - Auto
current setup - extractor outlet diameter 2", double cat con, waja ori piping to back

Need some advice here how to change the setup. thinking taking off all the cat con and old piping to fit new one. question here is?

1) how big is the diameter of piping?
2) any suggestion on setup?

Preference setup - the piping to follow old route & twin muffler

Result
good pick-up at all range of RPM
Sound - low with mid bass
FC - Average

Appreciate any advice from ppl there.

Thanks,
Shafiz

Four-G

Oct 29, 2008
Hi...I've VR4 DOHC turbo and I just want to get some idea about Turbo exhaust....
1) Can I use S flow types for its exhaust?
2) What is the conventional pipe dimension and suitable to use?

Can anybody help to solve my problem?....:hmmmm:

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
hey,
currently im using 1.5 auto transmission.. i would like to mod exhaust of my car, which type of centre box or bullet as well as muffler should i use.. i c in market got a lot design, straight flow, s-flow.. bla bla bla..

help me out..
thanks in advance..

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi Kweng,

Actually i am from northern region but after doing survey, i find that you are famous with exhaust + getting a lot positive feedbacks from the customers. So i decided to get some advice before travel to your place for replacing my car's exhaust system. Hopefully i can get specialty~! hahaha...

Running on 4G93 DOHC with Wira chassis.

Current SetuP:
Stock extractor(cast iron)4 - 2 -(flexible hose)-1 > NO BULLET > direct to >1.8 Putra Stock Twin Tip Muffler
*Stock 1.5(4G15) Piping

Current Situation
When RPM reach 4K, the Muffler seems can't stand the strong exhaust flow ? it sounds like hitting the metal plate~!

Question:
4-1 Extractor will be better?

What would be the best setup for my 1.8 engine?

What is the most suitable diameter of piping should be pair with the 4G93?

Desire Result:
QUIET + Maintaining Low End Torque.

Twin Muffler (Left + Right)

Appreciating in providing advice.
Thank You.
Hey bro, im sure there is a lot sifu-sifu that could help you in this but they just not free to bump in this thread. Im free for now.

Ok, 1.8 DOHC.

Manual or auto?

The sound comes like hitting metal plate is becoz the rear muffler has left very little of fiber and causes vibrations in the pipes in between of the resonator chambers. So, what u can do is:

1. Add a bullet/center box.
2. Change the rear muffler ( i wouldn't recommend a 2nd hand or used as most of them got problem with their fiber , then end up, u need to refiber them that the cost of refibering usually 80% of what u spent in the used muffler).. So get a good replica (new)...

**U have flexipipe in between of the "2" and "1". So weird. Usually 4-2-1 ..then only FLEXIPIPE.. Can send me a picture??

Extractor: I suggest 4-2-1 which is the best. Most extractors made now is hybrid 4-2-1 that gives the power u need in low end torque, mid and high end power. This is due to the curves, diameter of the extractor's piping and the length of the sections.

Sound: QUIET, define quiet. Every people has different meaning of quiet. Quiet during idle but revv high, sounds come out. Is that so? Or quiet all the way? Remember, quiet like stock after changing new exhaust system is IMPOSSIBLE. Only stock setup can produce like stock sound.

Twin Muffler: This custom twin exhaust system going need high budget and power wise, it improves your high end power , not the other way round. It is always made for decoration purpose. Think of it twice. Single exhaust system could give you sufficient performance and nice for decoration unless you got twin exhaust holes in ur bodykit work.

That's my 2 cents. If i speak wrongly, feel free to voice out.

Please call me as i wouldn't have much time in forums temporarily. Sorry for those i didn't reply yet, u guys can call me up or sms.

Regards,
K.Weng

8216ks

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
hai all sifu.... need help bout my exhaust.... the problem is= i was using bot engine piping was 2.5 muffler outlet was 4.5 i think!!!!! now running on na engine... stage 3!!!! running on high cams... 300/300..... the noise level is so loud untill i am slight deaf now:bawling::bawling:... now i need to change the exhaust... i wan a good pick and ok top.... wat will be a nice size and muffler saiz or brand that all of u can advice me.... thank you so much :adore::adore::adore::adore::idea:... a not so loud but bassy sound will do...

mydaus

Oct 5, 2008
Wasuuupp bro... :rock:
I'm using Satria Neo 1.6 manual.. My current setup is, stock 4-1 xtractor, Cat Con, stock midbox, straight Flow muffler (juz install it last year, i mean last week)..

my question is, how to setup the mid section? i need mo pick up, no need for top speed (SPEED KILL :biggrin:).. but i only want to maintain my stock 4-1 extractor..

B4 this thinking to remove stock midbox and replace it with 15 inch straight bullet only.. but i'm afraid if i will lose sum power & make load RIBUT sound..

any comment?

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
kweng84 bro
can quote me 2.5" downpipe + 2.5" mid pipe + center mid box + 2.5" in/out muffler
for suzuki swift
pm me will do
thks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there,

i planto do widebody for my wira. Finding for a custom bodykit shop that can do the wide body according to my request. Can anyone advice any shop that i can do so with reasonable price with good service? thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience