Turbo-charged Altezza

nematoth

Jan 16, 2007
Hi Guys,

Just wonder if any of you have turbocharged your tezza? Which kit did you use, how much was it, where did you get it done... Appreciate any feedback you might have.. considering this project at the moment..

monsterezza

Known Member
Aug 4, 2007
go for 1jz :idea:

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
meaning? Price? Comparison? It's pointless posting if you don't give any info...
what monsterezza bro is trying to say is that u can opt for 1jz. hard to say the price depending on the type of 1jz. also depends on which location u getting it from and the condition of the engine. if u got those from the newer models u would not need to change the mounting as the engine would be a perfect fit on your ori engine mounting, but of course the engine price would be higher.

If u are thinking of going for a turbo kit, i would recommend u to either get a custom one done up rather than the pre-made kits. This was an advice from one of the altezza club sabah members who also got himself a custom turbo installation. Difference would be the power as well as the reliability and price. but if u just want the sound from blowoff valve and is not interested to put in so much effort, then maybe the after market turbo kit would be your best choice.

An estimate for a 1jz transplant complete with piping and intercooler would be 10,000.00 hope that answered ur question and remark. oh yeah a reminder.. next time pls make your remarks friendlier and not such a sacarstic one. cheers bro.. just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Bro ST56J...I dont think RM10K will be enough for the 1JZ project..:hmmmm:
What I heard is it will cost at least RM20K......
And I agree with nematoth..no point posting just a one liner without much info and help and I dont think he sound too rude..just irritated.

Nematoth..a new aftermarket turbo kit complete with IC and ecu will prob cost you ard RM12-15K plus installation and tuning. But if you are low on budget, a used turbo kit will cost you less but you will have to check on the condition of the turbo unit for wear and tear though.
Is yr car a 6MT or 5AT?

Last edited:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
i'll still opt for the Turbo way. What's an Altezza without its signature engine, the 3SGE BEAMS? :hmmmm:

Turbo bro, if your car is a 6MT.

nematoth

Jan 16, 2007
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your feedbacks so far.. I didn't mean to be rude in the last post, but the whole point of a forum is so that people can use it as reference later.. I guess that's what I am getting at..

Anyway, the subsequent posts were useful info for me... Thanks.

I don't think I'll go for a secondhand turbo because they're generally of a short lifespan anyways - If I go ahead, I'll get a new one..

My car is just the 5AT not the 6MT..I think the power gain will still be worth it.. I think I'll have to drop by William at Trial and see what he's got to say about it.. Once I get some feedback from him I'll post it here for you guys..

The guy at TOM's was quoting around 25-26K for Blitz turbo kit including tuning and installation.. Thought that was pretty expensive to be honest..

Cheers again.

Last edited:

shawn55

Known Member
Aug 5, 2006
bro,actually how you focus on your car ? power , look , comfortable or other ? cheers...

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
bro,actually how you focus on your car ? power , look , comfortable or other ? cheers...
it is already answered in the post itself... maybe, he wants reliable power and also not compromising comfort..

Last edited:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
:hmmmm: shawn55..u guys just qouted him ard 22-25K for a Blitz turbo system and now u asking him again...:hmmmm:
The question that I like to ask u is how u guys focus on answering yr potential customer's queries and questions???
For that price I can fix a Blitz Supercharger kit inside my car...:rofl:

monsterezza

Known Member
Aug 4, 2007
meaning? Price? Comparison? It's pointless posting if you don't give any info...
Im sorry maybe im just giving an option without any strong argument with it.

First of all, it is just depends on you, your budget, and your preference.
For me why i got to 1jz because i cant find any good tuner for 3s motor in my place..

Secondly, why should i spend a lot of money just to get max about 300hp on standard internal when i can go about 450hp-500hp with 1jz standard internal.

Thirdly, Drawback to the BEAMS is the high compression. Adding a turbo will only deficit its longevity.

I am not saying BEAMS engine is not good, there are some 3s motor in US make a lot good of power.

If you would like to have an instant power without not much headache. 1jz is an option for you. Some of you will say you need to have atleast 20k to do it. It may be true or not true. It just depends how much you get the halfcut and how much you pay for the installation.

A few places can install the engine roughly around rm2.5k..

3SGE Beams build up = + turbo kit + metal gasket + management + injectors + intercooler + all the necessary piping will cost at least RM10k... usually up to 25k. Depending what type of turbo and management you use.

1JZ GTE VVTi RM9500 + RM2.5k installation charges = instant power (280hp dude!)

I guess someone will ask later "what about the weight distribution?"
this is one of the disadvantages if you install 1jz inside your altezza because you will no more get 50:50 weight distribution but back to my point up there. I cannot find any good tuners for 3s motor. if somebody know who can tune it..let me know..im also eager to put my old 3s engine inside a KE70. Although 1jz give you heavy in front parts, my car have no problem to be drifted anyways.

So my conclusion is you may choose either. there are pros and cons in both ways!

This is just my opinion and my preference. :driver:

or if you want more. you can try GOOGLE :D

Bump:
:hmmmm: shawn55..u guys just qouted him ard 22-25K for a Blitz turbo system and now u asking him again...:hmmmm:
The question that I like to ask u is how u guys focus on answering yr potential customer's queries and questions???
For that price I can fix a Blitz Supercharger kit inside my car...:rofl:
What i can see from here shawn55 just wanted to try giving his personal opinions. He also wanted give some opinions on base what the customer wants. thats why he asked the questions above. One more thing is such a terrible answer when you said "For that price I can fix a Blitz Supercharger kit inside my car" when you are not comparing an apple to an apple.

Last edited:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Monsterezza..guess u did not read nematoth's reply (#9) on Vision's price for the turbo set-up.:hmmmm: which only means that shawn55 knows who nematoth is alreadi...even I know the name of nematoth :rofl:
And I believe there are a lot of good tuners in KL (maybe not in yr place:bawling:) that can do a good job with the BEAMS engine modification. It is just a personal preference when it comes to drastic decision like an engine transplant.
You will get more horsepower from the 1JZ transplant but have u also explain the "hassle" that comes with it..
Anyway..it is not my issue here and I dont care much for an engine transplant coz I always ask a simple question..why do we want so much HP and how much are usable on our daily drives???

The end of the day it is nematoth's decision ....:biggrin:

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
bro monsterezza,

one installer i know do lot more mod if install 1jz..the engine sits much lower than if u just plonk it in. probably that will help handling if not weight distribution...but installation cost much higher...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hw can i make my extra car headunit to work in my room?

i got 1 extra HU after i change my original Wira HU with Sony player. i saw some computer shop or car accessory shop can play music or radio outside the car.
i wonder hw i can make it so?

do i need a voltage converter? or a car batt? pc power supply 2 on the HU or....? pls help me~ :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience