KL Flash flood

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
so what? boycott SMART tunnel so that whoever built it goes bankrupt? this might teach the government and cronies companies the power of people. teach them to do it for the people, from the people, not their bank accounts!
do u think the company that run the tunnel will go bankrup?

it won't happen......the G will keep on feeding them with $$$$

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
SMART is just another white elephant of which SV must have some shares in it. Why? He promoted the tunnel as a salesman and kept saying toll today is RM 2 and will increase in 3 years plus no G-man support n blah, blah...

Like hell anyone is going to believe him. What a joke!

I bet even after completing 200 ponds, there will still be flooding probs in KL.
the tunnel is created to make sure water stay in Kl and not channel the water out...so we will see good swimmer from Boleh land soon....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
do u think the company that run the tunnel will go bankrup?

it won't happen......the G will keep on feeding them with $$$$
They wont bankrupt but we will...
later this going up la..that going up la.. to cover the loses ma...at the end who suffer?? we lor who else...hahhaha..
usee petrol how many time going up from the past few years...heard from a fren working at shell that petrol will be increasing soon...not mistaken on 1/1/08...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
This is the parking entrance, the parking I go there almost everyday.....

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Samy Vellue HQ flooded. LOL

Source: Flood causes RM800k damage to MIC HQ
Flood causes RM800k damage to MIC HQ

KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) headquarters off Jalan Tun Razak was also inundated by Sunday’s flash floods in the city with damage estimated at RM800,000.

MIC president Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said on Monday the hall was in a complete mess while the lifts and switchboards were destroyed.

“Many things are gone and we estimate losses at around RM800,000,” he told reporters during a press conference after officiating at a meeting of senior Works Ministry officers on Monday.
Rm800K, any overclaim activities involves here?

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
seems like after the construction work of SMART tunnel the flood got worsen. even the SMART water drainage not functional yet but how come the flood became worst?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
RM800K, that's the price tag for MIC or Samy Vellu's "Act of God".

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
i heard that samycubaivelu did mentioned ytrday to reportes that... "kalau kamu takmau bayar, kamu boleh guna jalan lain".. is it true?? this bloodsucker is too much...somemore dare to claim RM800K for MIC HQ damaged?? thats almost a million! maybe he needs money to get new set of cubai hair on his head!

feel sorry for those who stucked in the flood ytrday.

snapped this few minutes ago...he was commenting on RM2 tol for smart tunnel....

Last edited:

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
in the news when being asked about the flood against JKR, the fucker said its not his department issue, well it is true on paper and if their department did a proper job at first!

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
i heard that samycubaivelu did mentioned ytrday to reportes that... "kalau kamu takmau bayar, kamu boleh guna jalan lain".. is it true?? this bloodsucker is too much...somemore dare to claim RM800K for MIC HQ damaged?? thats almost a million! maybe he needs money to get new set of cubai hair on his head!

feel sorry for those who stucked in the flood ytrday.
i think its a wick instead!

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
We have the World (read me right, THE WORLD)'s first Watered City! Just when you think France (or was it Italy or whatever) has that river that goes around the city, and those fancy romantic boats on the river, we have a river that goes INTO the city and not around it. hahahaha

Mr S.V. hooray to you, black mofo. Sorry. I mean black dafo (daughter fucker).

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Perhaps that's the way he defends his job..... he says,"See!!! My office oso banjir wat.... So what's the fuss with you guys??? tak boleh handle banjir kecil ke??"

PM is in deep shame now. i wonder he will ask Samy to step down on next election....

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
he is getting some new coffin for himself also. can use as sampan if needed.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
PM wants flood alleviation projects completed fast

PM wants flood alleviation projects completed fast

THOUSANDS of Klang Valley folk came to work to KL yesterday, only to find the city in a huge mess after a four-hour downpour had left many places in town under water.

Besides houses and shops, the Industrial Court which is housed in the Sultan Abdul Samad Building, the Dataran Merdeka car park and the basement car parks of several hotels along Jalan Sultan Ismail were also affected. It will take three days to clean up the Dataran Merdeka basement alone.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has now asked for all projects to prevent floods in the federal capital, especially the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel or SMART Project, to be speeded up.

The RM1.9bil project, if it had been in place, would have prevented Sungai Klang bursting its banks at the Masjid Jamek area on Sunday night.

Although SMART's road tunnel portion has been opened to traffic, its flood diversion component will only be operational next month, when 200 dams and retention ponds, now being built, are ready.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
SMART toll set at RM2

SMART toll set at RM2

KUALA LUMPUR: Users of the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART) will be charged a RM2 toll from 11.59pm on June 14, Works Minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said.

He said the toll would be increased again in three years, adding that the price was right as the tunnel concessionaire had forked out RM640mil to build it.

Noting that there was no Government subsidy involved, he said: “In any part of the world where tunnels are built, the toll is higher.

“It is also an alternative route. Road users can continue to use the existing highway but if you need to speed up your journey, then use the tunnel,” he told reporters after opening a meeting of senior Works Ministry officers.

Motorists can enter the road tunnel from the Kuala Lumpur-Seremban Expressway near the Sungai Besi airfield runway and exit either at Jalan Davis and Jalan Tun Razak near the Kampung Pandan roundabout, or vice-versa.

The tunnel is open only to cars, MPVs and SUVs not exceeding 2m in height. No motorcycles, buses or lorries are allowed. Touch ‘n Go and SmartTag facilities are available for paying toll.

Asked why flash floods were still occurring even though the tunnel was open, Samy Vellu said he believed the Drainage and Irrigation Department (DID) had many projects underway to deal with the problem.

It was reported previously that the floodwater diversion part of the SMART project would only be operational next month, while the motorway tunnel was opened on May 14.

The project would be fully operational only after the construction of some 200 dams and flood retention ponds.
what does he meant by believes??....meaning to say he doesn't know what is going on?!

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
DID: SMART would have averted floods
DID: SMART would have averted floods

KUALA LUMPUR: Had it been ready, the RM1.9bil Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel Project (SMART) would have prevented Sunday’s floods that inundated the city centre.

Drainage and Irrigation Department deputy director Ahmad Fuad said the floods around Dataran Merdeka and Masid Jamek were caused by Sungai Kelang bursting its banks at the confluence of Sungai Gombak.

“A storm which causes the river to overflow – that is exactly what the SMART flood tunnel is being built to overcome,” he said at a press conference organised by Kuala Lumpur City Hall here yesterday.

Ahmad said had the tunnel been operational, it would have been used to divert 95% of the water in Sungai Kelang to a lake in Sungai Besi and prevented the flood.

The road portion of SMART was opened to traffic but the floodwater diversion component will only be operational next month.

Excess water would be held at a retention pond in Kampung Berembang in Ampang and channelled into the tunnel, which will release the water into a deep pond near Tanan Danau Desa.

This would prevent the excess water flowing downstream to the Masjid Jamek area in the city centre.

At the same press conference, Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Ab Hakim Borhan said City Hall was working on some short- and long-term plans to resolve the flash flood problem.

“Our contractors will be deployed to increase the height of the retaining walls along rivers and build more pump houses at low areas,” he said, adding that there were currently about 15 pump houses in the city.

Ab Hakim said that there were also plans to build 18 more water retention ponds.

“We currently have 10 located in areas like Taman Billion, 4½ mile Jalan Kelang Lama, near University Malaya and in Taman Intan Baiduri,” he said.

He added that City Hall would carry out major maintenance work to clean up the 16 rubbish traps located in the outskirts of the city.

Early flood warning sirens have been installed in Kampung Baru, Dataran Merdeka, Jalan Tun Razak, Dang Wangi, Kg Periuk and Jalan Munshi Abdullah to give sufficient time for people to remove their cars and property to higher ground, he said.

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Allo guys...

i've something to discuss here...i was bought honda integra (DA6) last month...actually this is my 1st project car...may i know what is the adjustable absorber that fit wit my cars??? i afraid to buy a wrong parts...

pls advise meee....

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience