RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

hey frienz, I wanna to ask about your opinion. Which petrol brand is the best? Which petrol brand provide the lowest fuel consumption?

Recently change from other brand to Petronas Primax 97. I satisfy with the engine performance and fuel consumption of Petronas Primax.

Last edited:
Petronas primax is unique than others. The petrol is developed by using advanced technology formula which can help to clean and protect the engine and boost the engine performance. I encourage u all to use it.

Petronas primax is unique than others. The petrol is developed by using advanced technology formula which can help to clean and protect the engine and boost the engine performance. I encourage u all to use it.

Petronas Primax 97 sounds not bad! How about the performance of other petrol brand?

Last edited:
for classic car owners with mechanical ignition remember RON s not Octane, octane is several points lower, on my fiat coupe which needed full lead 99 octane when new in 1966, i make do with ron 97 (roughly 95 octane) and run a little retarded at static timing. I set it up for 97 becuase thats widely available. The only blown head gasket I've ever had on my fiat was due to bad fuel picked up at a highway station causing pinging when I had the car at factory settings, i was lucky not to bend a rod, it blew the number 4 fire ring
22089640_10214407378567201_8275445338817507818_n.jpg
at 7500rpm-----after that I set it retarded slightly.

why do the bother to post it here. do we even care what brand is best? it all brings down to the station owner at the end. Some greedy owners i knew will mixed with water or whatsoever to earn more profit.

why do the bother to post it here. do we even care what brand is best? it all brings down to the station owner at the end. Some greedy owners i knew will mixed with water or whatsoever to earn more profit.
Yup, I pump at the station nearest to my home.......lol

I pump Petron only coz got the best point reward to exchange for free fuel. So I don't care what other petrol brand marketing say. :lol: If PETRONAS or others can give better loyalty point rewards then I will switch, no need to talk about quality etc2. coz no significant difference IMHO.

What so unique, it still burns right. Which petrol is not developed using advanced technology formula?

hey frienz, I wanna to ask about your opinion. Which petrol brand is the best? Which petrol brand provide the lowest fuel consumption?

I also used other brand before, by comparison I think Petronas wins out in terms of fuel consumption, but cant really say for sure as I only pumped yellow brand for once as that time I was urgently low on fuel so just go to the nearest petrol station to refill.

Last edited:
Recently change from other brand to Petronas Primax 97. I satisfy with the engine performance and fuel consumption of Petronas Primax.

Mind elaborate more on how does Petronas Primax have better engine performance? Not trying to offend anyone but just want to know the reason why you are saying that, for example more power on pickup or faster acceleration?

Last edited:
Petronas Primax 97 sounds not bad! How about the performance of other petrol brand.

In my opinion Petronas primax is currently one of the best petrol on the market right now, using primax 97 for my Vios to keep my fuel injector clean, the first car that I bought with my own salary so definitely gonna pay special care to it loh :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Mind elaborate more on how does Petronas Primax have better engine performance? Not trying to offend anyone but just want to know the reason why you are saying that, for example more power on pickup or faster acceleration?

The Petronas Primax fuel uses a formula that is designed and optimized in helping to keep your fuel injectors clean with the aim to promote better atomisation, which is the process of breaking down the bulk petrol into small droplets, to achieve better combustion efficiency.

Yup and it also do have a high mileage compared to the other brands. Malaysians who are living the city area are constantly facing traffic jams and with our engine keep on running even when we are not even moving, its gonna burnt away lots of unnecessary fuels, so with Petronas Primax its gonna save us a lot.

Naah all fuel brands claims the same! NONE are really proven to be better than the others! If Petronas or whichever brand is so confident then why not give a challenge test to the other brands where the tests to be done professionally by independent testers and labs?? Until such real test done to really settle the score, marketing or anyone can talk all the BS they want but it means nothing than just hollow talk!

Top Bottom