Bridgestone RE002 or Toyo T1R Feedback

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If 17"will suffer with the pickup right?
Yup, diameter bigger...

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Ic...how i can know the weight of the rims?I think my stock rims quite heavy too
They will state light weight rims, price also higher....:bawling:

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I'd understand if Michelin and GY. Continental? That's a new story. What's their UHP and Extreme model? Would want to have a look.

Just weigh it. Heheh.
Look for Potenza range like RE-002, but they are RE-S001, RE-050 and RE-050A. Extreme should be RE-070.

Light weight rims they will state because higher price also....:biggrin:

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
Yup, diameter bigger...

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Look for Potenza range like RE-002, but they are RE-S001, RE-050 and RE-050A. Extreme should be RE-070.

But the tyre shop ppl told me that my car better dun use the rims too light it will not stable when cornering

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But the tyre shop ppl told me that my car better dun use the rims too light it will not stable when cornering
They either don't have the rims or you need to change tyre shop.......lol

Light rims unsprung weight not car total weight.

Effects of unsprung weight
The unsprung weight of a wheel controls a trade-off between a wheel's bump-following ability and its vibration isolation. Bumps and surface imperfections in the road cause tire compression—which induces a force on the unsprung weight. The unsprung weight then responds to this force with movement of its own. The amount of movement, for short bumps, is inversely proportional to the weight - a lighter wheel which readily moves in response to road bumps will have more grip and more constant grip when tracking over an imperfect road. For this reason, lighter wheels are sought especially for high-performance applications. In contrast, a heavier wheel which moves less will not absorb as much vibration; the irregularities of the road surface will transfer to the cabin through the geometry of the suspension and hence ride quality and road noise are deteriorated. For longer bumps that the wheels follow, greater unsprung mass causes more energy to be absorbed by the wheels and makes the ride worse.

Read more here...
Unsprung mass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
Not sure, I'm just not really convinced much about Bridgestone anymore since in most comparison reviews they're mostly beaten now by Michelin, GY, Continental, even their top of the line. On top of that, their prices are also expensive, so if I have to pick I might as well go with Michelin etc2.

Depends on how heavy your rims are. If you use 17' forged rims vs standard/replica/regular 16' rims then the 17' will still be much lighter and hence improve acceleration, fuel consumption, and braking. For example my 17x8.5jj rims only weigh 7kg while my std 16x7jj rims weigh almost 10kg! So when buying rims, buy the lightest you can afford.

If the rims weight around 6-8kg is it ok?normally rims how many kg?bcoz I plan to buy aftermarket rims but original design mostly from taiwan right?

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
If the rims weight around 6-8kg is it ok?normally rims how many kg?bcoz I plan to buy aftermarket rims but original design mostly from taiwan right?
If 15" normal should be 9kg or 10 I think. Light weight 15s are around 5 or 6 if ik not mistaken. Or could be lighter.
They either don't have the rims or you need to change tyre shop.......lol

Light rims unsprung weight not car total weight.

Effects of unsprung weight
The unsprung weight of a wheel controls a trade-off between a wheel's bump-following ability and its vibration isolation. Bumps and surface imperfections in the road cause tire compression—which induces a force on the unsprung weight. The unsprung weight then responds to this force with movement of its own. The amount of movement, for short bumps, is inversely proportional to the weight - a lighter wheel which readily moves in response to road bumps will have more grip and more constant grip when tracking over an imperfect road. For this reason, lighter wheels are sought especially for high-performance applications. In contrast, a heavier wheel which moves less will not absorb as much vibration; the irregularities of the road surface will transfer to the cabin through the geometry of the suspension and hence ride quality and road noise are deteriorated. For longer bumps that the wheels follow, greater unsprung mass causes more energy to be absorbed by the wheels and makes the ride worse.

Read more here...
Unsprung mass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nice read. I might want to get light weight rims too. :biggrin:

Yup, diameter bigger...

I thought RE-11is the extreme one? Also I heard that RE11 cannot get here also :bawling:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ic...how i can know the weight of the rims?I think my stock rims quite heavy too
Just bring a weight scale when buying rims! That's what I always do. :D

I'd understand if Michelin and GY. Continental? That's a new story. What's their UHP and Extreme model? Would want to have a look.
For UHP it's Conti Sport Contact 5 (CSC5), and on many reviews it's very much on par with PS3 or F1 Asy2. Not sure about their extreme model though coz never require such tires and hence not really paying attention to that type.

That's total BS! Lightweight rims means less unsprung weight, so less tasking for the suspension to control their movements, hence better handling. Just look at GTR, the stock rims are already Rays forged rims. Then Koenigsegg Agera, using carbon kevlar rims!
Those sellers who said that probably only sell fake or normal rims hence trying to con you into buying those.

Depends on the size. If 15' then 8kg is heavy while 6kg is normal. But for 17' then 6-8kg is very light already. Std rims on normal cars are usually very heavy, 16' can be around 10kg already.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

For UHP it's Conti Sport Contact 5 (CSC5), and on many reviews it's very much on par with PS3 or F1 Asy2. Not sure about their extreme model though coz never require such tires and hence not really paying attention to that type.

That's total BS! Lightweight rims means less unsprung weight, so less tasking for the suspension to control their movements, hence better handling. Just look at GTR, the stock rims are already Rays forged rims. Then Koenigsegg Agera, using carbon kevlar rims!
Those sellers who said that probably only sell fake or normal rims hence trying to con you into buying those.

Depends on the size. If 15' then 8kg is heavy while 6kg is normal. But for 17' then 6-8kg is very light already. Std rims on normal cars are usually very heavy, 16' can be around 10kg already.
Scales are a good idea! I should do that too when I get rims.

Also, gonna look at the csc5. Not much users here it seems.

Also royal, original design come from Japan. The Taiwan ones you see mostly are just replicas. They're more prone to breaking than the genuine jap forged ones too.

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani

Ic...If not wrong i remember that day the tyre shop ppl told that 17"rims is 8kg or 9kg something like that...is taiwan rims price 1.9k...if i change 16" rims will cheaper right?actually this is my 1st want change rims and I dun know much about rims...but my car not japanese car,aftermarket design also japan?and japan rims better than taiwan?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ic...If not wrong i remember that day the tyre shop ppl told that 17"rims is 8kg or 9kg something like that...is taiwan rims price 1.9k...if i change 16" rims will cheaper right?actually this is my 1st want change rims and I dun know much about rims...but my car not japanese car,aftermarket design also japan?and japan rims better than taiwan?
8-9kg for 17' is not bad already. Taiwan rims actually already good enough as long as you get those ori Taiwan like Enkei Taiwan & Advanti, they make pretty light rims but at fraction of the price of Japanese rims. 16' should be cheaper and lighter given the same model. Japan rims in general is the top quality but of course Japan rims also got many types and models, some really light forged rims that are very expensive, some are still normal cast rims and the weight still not so light also (still comparable to good quality Taiwan rims).

What car is yours btw?

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
8-9kg for 17' is not bad already. Taiwan rims actually already good enough as long as you get those ori Taiwan like Enkei Taiwan & Advanti, they make pretty light rims but at fraction of the price of Japanese rims. 16' should be cheaper and lighter given the same model. Japan rims in general is the top quality but of course Japan rims also got many types and models, some really light forged rims that are very expensive, some are still normal cast rims and the weight still not so light also (still comparable to good quality Taiwan rims).

What car is yours btw?

ic...my car is Polo Sedan...then i think i should ask few tyre shop 1st...also need to ask them the brand of the rims?if 17" or 16" lighter than my stock rims then it will better acceleration and fuel consumption?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought RE-11is the extreme one? Also I heard that RE11 cannot get here also :bawling:
Yes, RE-11 is extreme. If you read correctly I did not mention this model.....hahhahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

You lagi hard core......:adore:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Also, gonna look at the csc5. Not much users here it seems.
Conti CSC5 sizes starts from 17"

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

ic...my car is Polo Sedan...then i think i should ask few tyre shop 1st...also need to ask them the brand of the rims?if 17" or 16" lighter than my stock rims then it will better acceleration and fuel consumption?
Oh! Polo Sedan. I think difficult for you to find rims as their PCD is of different size....:hmmmm:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm your Polo PCD is 5x100 or 4x100? If 4x100 then same with many other smaller Japanese cars so many choices but if 5x100 then much more rare.

Yes, if lighter then should give better performance & FC.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

You lagi hard core......:adore:

Hahaha yeah, all the sellers who sold me rims before always first time very surprised when I took out my scale. Other customers also were looking at me. I told those sellers, this way people cannot con me into buying fake rims.

Last edited:

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
Hmm your Polo PCD is 5x100 or 4x100? If 4x100 then same with many other smaller Japanese cars so many choices but if 5x100 then much more rare.

Yes, if lighter then should give better performance & FC.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Hahaha yeah, all the sellers who sold me rims before always first time very surprised then laugh when I took out my scale. Other customers also were looking at me.

4x100 mean 4 hole?my rims is 5 hole...I wan find original design rims...I think not easy to find also...need to find few more tyre shop

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
Oh! if it is 5 x 100 then should be easier to find.....

ok...16'' rims normaly how many kg?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

What car is yours btw?

but for the size i use 16'' rims more suitable for me right?then i dun think about 17'' already

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Motorsport Asia has received huge interest for the recently announced 2011 Formula Pacific Series. To date 34 applications have been received from various Teams who have confirmed their intention to participate in the 2011 season (please see attached list).

Following the announcement, during the British Grand Prix at Silverstone on 9th July, that the Formula BMW Pacific (formerly Asia)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience