Formula BMW Pacific to Return in 2011 through Motorsport Asia!

Staff

Oct 6, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Motorsport Asia has received huge interest for the recently announced 2011 Formula Pacific Series. To date 34 applications have been received from various Teams who have confirmed their intention to participate in the 2011 season (please see attached list).

Following the announcement, during the British Grand Prix at Silverstone on 9th July, that the Formula BMW Pacific (formerly Asia) Series will be continuing in an independent form in 2011, Motorsport Asia, the Organiser and promoter of the Series since its inception in 2003, has been hard at work putting plans in place for next season.

“There is absolutely huge interest from both the existing Teams as well as new Teams who want to join. This reconfirms our belief that this Series provides a vital role in the Asian Motorsport scene. In addition, we are in advanced discussions with several major sponsors who recognise the amazing opportunity that this Championship provides and I hope to be able to make an announcement on that very soon” said David Sonenscher, CEO, Motorsport Asia.

A confirmed Calendar will be released within the next two weeks, but it is certain that it will consist of a minimum of six events and will include a minimum of three F1 Grand Prix circuits. The remaining events are to be held as part of the Asian Festival Of Speed, which has rounds confirmed in Malaysia and Korea already for 2011. Motorsport Asia is also holding an option to continue the Championship’s involvement at the Macau Grand Prix, meaning that the Calendar will be made up of between 15 and 20 races in total.

Sonenscher commented, “Of course everyone is waiting for the Calendar to be released, but we still need a little more time to finalise some of the detailed negotiations. One of the objectives is to continue our involvement at the F1 Events and I have already held positive discussions in this regard.

“Whatever the outcome of those discussions are, let there be no doubt that we will continue this Championship and it will be at a very high level. Motorsport Asia has been running the premier Asian Single-seater Series year in and year out since 1996 and we do not intend to stop now. Some people tend to forget that we brought Formula BMW to Asia. As far as we are concerned, nothing much has changed and we have all of the necessary agreements in place to carry on.

“Personally, I see this as a major opportunity and I think all the other stakeholders feel the same way. That is why they have all committed to 34 cars. Personally, I can’t wait to get going.”

Motorsport Asia

Picture Sources:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there!!

i need to know what are the downside to knife edge crankshaft lightening?? better to know the downside first i reckon.and what are the goodsides?? i'm re building my engine,so kinda have this in my list.thanks!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience