Accelerator pedal too soft

Kyusuke_FD3S

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
Hi everyone,

I found my car accelerator pedal too soft. Not sure is there anyway to tighten it become harder a bit? It should be doable rite?

Thanks.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Okay, next question. Too soft meaning a lot of free play?
Meaning initially you have to step a lot before any engine response. If yes, then tighten up the cable slack. Here is a picture as example......

If no, means the cable is just too soft, you will need to strengthen the spring...
Again picture is example only.....

Kyusuke_FD3S

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
Okay, next question. Too soft meaning a lot of free play?
Meaning initially you have to step a lot before any engine response. If yes, then tighten up the cable slack. Here is a picture as example......

If no, means the cable is just too soft, you will need to strengthen the spring...
Again picture is example only.....

Thanks for the photos.

Car A got free play about 1mm or 2mm, I can rest my foot on pedal.
Car B don't have free play, I can't rest my foot on pedal, as it will step a little bit of gas. I am not sure 2nd pic can apply to my car, but maybe I can try adjust the free play first.

Cannot rest my foot on pedal, it's not ergonomic for me .. :D

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the photos.

Car A got free play about 1mm or 2mm, I can rest my foot on pedal.
Car B don't have free play, I can't rest my foot on pedal, as it will step a little bit of gas. I am not sure 2nd pic can apply to my car, but maybe I can try adjust the free play first.

Cannot rest my foot on pedal, it's not ergonomic for me .. :D
My VR and Hyundai also using cable, but I love response so my cable actually got no free play. Ngam ngam tight, so when touch pedal get response already....:biggrin:

Kyusuke_FD3S

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
My VR and Hyundai also using cable, but I love response so my cable actually got no free play. Ngam ngam tight, so when touch pedal get response already....:biggrin:
did you rest your foot on gas pedal when u decided not to press the gas?
or should i change my driving habit ... =.=

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hye everybody,i just want to learn about car that's why i join this forum, the first thing that i like is the procedure about top overhaul engine,the first things is dissembled the cylinder head okay,i undertand that,and after that i read in some blog,they said open the fuel and exhaust valve so i want detail about the fuel and exhaust valve how to open it,need some special equipment or they have they special ways,i hope all the sifu can help me,i really appreciate it if u all share link or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience