.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

Apr 24, 2013
Kedah
Much better if you Thermal wraped the new header. Personally check if header plate holes was properly aligned with your cylinder exhaust port. You will experience engine vibration and low performance if header plate holes were misaligned .

Below pictures of holes portions needed to be grind off. Our famous muffler work shop here in Quezon City have a very poor job. I have to repair the header myself. I have to grind off excess portion until it match the exhaust metal gasket.
dont go to that shop anymore, thanks for the useful tips:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

just more noise only, but pickup will improve
speaking about more noise ha, it came from exhaust sound or what ? btw thanx for the useful info:itsme:

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
I think sound or noise should still be the same even without the Catalytic converter. Center and rear muffler will take care of the sound. Just recently enjoyed the fc and performance improvement after I repair my header. It took me 3 years to find out the defective job.:banghead:

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
ITR 96 4-2-1, 2" pipe, mid bullet and RS-R Magic muffler.

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
If still have center and rear muffler, sound should not be much more....
I think sound or noise should still be the same even without the Catalytic converter. Center and rear muffler will take care of the sound. Just recently enjoyed the fc and performance improvement after I repair my header. It took me 3 years to find out the defective job.:banghead:
most car with cat con delete have increase exhaust drone so for me exhaust drone can be consider as noise

dannybboy87

Jan 29, 2013
Melaka
hi ... members ...

Dun mind asking something here ... ? Toyota Corolla SEG 1.6 AE111 (1996 model) manual i plan to modify to straight flow exhaust inlet 2inch ... tip 3.5inch (with silencer) ... original piping size ... retain (keeping) center bullet and cat ... is this setup ok? So if in the case of Straight flow muffler ... use with silencer or without silencer is better? will affect performance o not?

TQ ...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Why does the same exhaust sound differently/louder or 2 different cars? What are the other things that affect it besides being different cars? Piping size? Type of engine? With/without silencer/cat con/resonator?

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
help. advice needed on replacing extractor on my 4g92 sohc.
last night car bumped onto road kerb and my extractor has a very bad bottlenecking dent.
have to opt for aftermarket off the shelf extractor to replace...

am curious with the 'cusco styled' 92mivec 4-2-1, issit any good? Or are there any other xtractor I should consider?

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Dear All, very sorry for being inactive. So what's cooking there guys?!

zack.my

Jul 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hye to all fellow and sifu here...
need advise and opinion from u all..
think want to upgrade Exhaust system..current standard from factory..
just change big tip for good boy look :ciao:

4b10 inspira manual trany..
with stock engine...just change k&n drop in filter..and ecu remap (auto lock,delate cut off, gear tuning to more pick up and top speed)
currently if drive 100kmh with air cond with 4 adult person inside. can get 15 to 16km/l ..

standart inspira piping is 1.8" right?so want to keep this size or use 2"?
since this car so heavy..want to set increase pick up...and keep current top speed..but if can get pick up and top speed much better :biggrin:

i read in the net...forget already where i read..for Exhaust Modification most important side is extractor/header if wrong
bend/size/diameter/cutting blabla can spoil car performance..not just performance...engine also can spoil..
so i want to know..may if have to buy header from highend shop like supercircuit/hotbit/ anything else? or just buy it from normal Exhaust shop like wei yip etc? its same cutting? how about material?stanlesstell got many gred right? 1 more thing i curious is welding job.. we dont know if got small leak or hole...if radiator got leaking even small ..we all know coz got coolant drop..

so any sifu can guide me?..newbie here:itsme:
owh ya my budget around 2k++

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Since you have good budget there, i suggest look for a good workmanship and had it custom. From header > whole system > <end muffler pick your own>.

As for pipe inlet diameter, it depends on your displacement. 1.8L best go for 2.5inch, 2.0L somewhere between 2.5inch-3.0inch. Maintain the mid section with a 15inch long bullet, as for end muffler depends on yourself of s-flow or straight.

There are lot's of good shop out there, don't go to Wei Yip/Kaki exhaust.

1. Exss Work, Danau Kota
2. GT Exhaust, Puchong near Ioi Tesco
3. Ijal Exhaust, Batu Caves
4. KW Exhaust, Kampung Subang

Personally i have seen works of GT Exhaust and KW Exhaust, their custom job is magnificient. When you see an exhaust shop doing piping for a serious track car, you'll know they have certain level of workmanship. Some of them has fanpage on fb you might look up.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

MELAKA (17 June 2010) – Nissan cars have yet again proven to be among the most frugal vehicles on the road during the Nissan Lightfoot Quest 2010 held over the weekend of May 15th and May 16th 2010. The Nissan Lightfoot Quest is a contest open to owners of the Nissan Latio, the Nissan Grand Livina and the Nissan Sylphy. And, the Nissan Lightfoot...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience