.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Hi all, i am in dilemma in choosing mid silencer for my car. Its corolla ae111 97 on 20v bt, now i am eye mid-silencer and end muffler. The thing is i found mid-bullet and mid-box deal at same price. Mid-box would seem to be my ideal replacement to current stock one because i wanted better fc and silent sound note but the problem is the inlet and outlet are located at the side of the silencer instead of the center.

This would most likely not fit due to the car undercarriage design, but i am unsure so need some help here. Any ae111 owner with experience in changing their mid silencer can advice ? Much appreciate.

Car Model Example : http://imageshack.us/a/img803/5654/modelb.jpg
Mid Silencer : http://imageshack.us/a/img850/9529/midl.jpg

Last edited:

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
Can you guys recommend me a setting? I plan to change the whole exhaust from engine to the end.. I'm using a Toyota corona st171 with 4sfi engine auto tranny..

jfjohn

Mar 11, 2013
Selangor
.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.
:party: :party: :party:

Hey Guys, I believe a lot of you got monster exhaust modifications that you'll might to want to share it out and you guys must have unsolved/mysterious problems with your exhaust setup that you need to solve it asap in this thread. I guess this thread is useful for many of you to talk about EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS.

*ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING* including myself :X-:

I share some pictures here with you all:

MY PHOTOBUCKET-> kweng84's Library | Photobucket

Hey Bro, any recommendations for toyota ae101? want increase performance but don wan loud loud noise...

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
Just recently repair my 4-2-1 mandrel bent header. Have it sent to welder to fill up 2 gaps between to tubes. I Grind off misaligned holes of the header plate so it will properly aligned to cylinder head exhaust port. Then wrap it with thermal wrap.

My engine runs smoother and no more vibration due to those misaligned holes on header plate.

My problem that my exhaust was too hot that it burnt oil previously deposit in my muffler. Bluish smoke was emitted in my muffler. It's really true that thermal wrap makes your exhaust very hot.

Last edited:

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Im planning to decat my cefiro a33 2.0 exhaust ,y pipe and upgrade to a twin mufler,
was wondering why is the original diameter of the piping inlet?
and would putting two muflers increase FC or reduce power?
any suggestions of an experience exhaust shop? area around KL?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Im planning to decat my cefiro a33 2.0 exhaust ,y pipe and upgrade to a twin mufler,
was wondering why is the original diameter of the piping inlet?
and would putting two muflers increase FC or reduce power?
any suggestions of an experience exhaust shop? area around KL?
wah u bought a32 edi ah? got the insurance money from yr previous perdana?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Hi All, is there any exhaust shop that opens on Sunday ? And i will be bringing my own piping + muffler to be installed. Thanks!

Apr 24, 2013
Kedah
hi im ardi, i wanna ask all the expert here about exhaust la, i'm thinking to remove the catcon and replace with the 4.2.1 header only and remain the stock center bullet and rear mufller(2009 persona AT)
is it ok or any suggestion ?

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
hi im ardi, i wanna ask all the expert here about exhaust la, i'm thinking to remove the catcon and replace with the 4.2.1 header only and remain the stock center bullet and rear mufller(2009 persona AT)
just more noise only, but pickup will improve

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines

Much better if you Thermal wraped the new header. Personally check if header plate holes was properly aligned with your cylinder exhaust port. You will experience engine vibration and low performance if header plate holes were misaligned .

Below pictures of holes portions needed to be grind off. Our famous muffler work shop here in Quezon City have a very poor job. I have to repair the header myself. I have to grind off excess portion until it match the exhaust metal gasket.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Possibly one of the handful Twin Turbo Lambos in Asia, expect this thousand-horse Bullardo Spyder to tear up the circuit and chew up its tyres this Sunday at Sepang for the TIMETOATTACK Round 2!. Renowned Singapore racer, A1GP Team Singapore, Denis Lian shall be piloting this monster in the TIMETOATTACK Open Class vying for the Hall Of Fame of Lap Times!. Make your way to Sepang this Sunday and we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience