chassis strengthening

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Let me ask you guys with UR bars or chassis strengthened via spot welding :

1. Does your car feel faster than normal with the stiffer chassis? Even though you're only going at 90km/h it feels like 120km/h?

2. Do you have creaking problems and how do you solve it? Especially those with bars.

3. Does anyone have ill-fitting plastic bits after installing the bars or after chassis stiffened?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

1. Does your car feel faster than normal with the stiffer chassis? Even though you're only going at 90km/h it feels like 120km/h?

2. Do you have creaking problems and how do you solve it? Especially those with bars.

3. Does anyone have ill-fitting plastic bits after installing the bars or after chassis stiffened?
Not sure about those two, but after installing Stiff Rings, cars don't feel faster but then more stable and comfortable only :smile:

Handling improved.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

one thing for sure comparison with my caged car and non caged car....

during bumps/uneven surface/hole/jump the chasis remain stable...no awkward wild handling sign....especially if this happens during mid corner....

*and it appears that stiff car chasis seems like it was moving slower (while speedo show otherwise) because of the increased stability....

#yesterday i'm watching top gear korear on KIX channel.....the artist got time attack using golf gti car.....i saw really how stiff golf's chassis during that time attack because in corner the inner rear tyre easily lift-off from the ground...(pushed by other side tyre via anti-rollbar)

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

during bumps/uneven surface/hole/jump the chasis remain stable...no awkward wild handling sign....especially if this happens during mid corner....

*and it appears that stiff car chasis seems like it was moving slower (while speedo show otherwise) because of the increased stability....

#yesterday i'm watching top gear korear on KIX channel.....the artist got time attack using golf gti car.....i saw really how stiff golf's chassis during that time attack because in corner the inner rear tyre easily lift-off from the ground...(pushed by other side tyre via anti-rollbar)
Ya I watch Top Gear Korea too, but too bad they don't have english subtitles cuz I can't make out what they mean in Bahasa.

Chassis strengthening seems to be a very technical thing and have to have the right mods after
reading a few of the posts.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not sure about those two, but after installing Stiff Rings, cars don't feel faster but then more stable and comfortable only :smile:

Handling improved.
I have the Racetech CAK. I found my handling to be very twitchy and steering input super sensitive. I don't like that on normal roads but on track that's quite useful.

Weird.. you're the opposite of me then. So far I've managed to scare all my front passangers with my driving and never once did I exceed 110km/h. I notice all of them having a very quiet serious face and all of them grab hold on to the handhold at the top.

When I ask them they all say the same thing : "Why you going so fast?"

Then I tell them to look at my speedo.. 80km/h or 90km/h at most ever.

I'm at a loss. My slow-turtle of a car is scaring people when I drive slow. My only suspicion is the stiffer chassis and feedback from the car, it's affecting the passangers somehow? Or does anyone have any theories?

I'm about 90% UR-bar-ed up. Only bars I don't have is the undercarriage 4-pt bar and rear undercarriage 4-pt.

:confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I have the Racetech CAK. I found my handling to be very twitchy and steering input super sensitive. I don't like that on normal roads but on track that's quite useful.

Weird.. you're the opposite of me then. So far I've managed to scare all my front passangers with my driving and never once did I exceed 110km/h. I notice all of them having a very quiet serious face and all of them grab hold on to the handhold at the top.

I'm at a loss. My slow-turtle of a car is scaring people when I drive slow. My only suspicion is the stiffer chassis and feedback from the car, it's affecting the passangers somehow? Or does anyone have any theories?

I'm about 90% UR-bar-ed up. Only bars I don't have is the undercarriage 4-pt bar and rear undercarriage 4-pt.

You might be seeing things slower like Takumi Fujiwara than your passengers, biggest possibilities is that your passengers never drove their car fast? :hmmmm:

Usually, people that said I'm driving fast are people who never really speed at all. :rofl:

I have that all the time, but my car is not UR-ed yet, they say why are you driving so fast?
Erm...is only 80 - 90km/h...:confused: :dontknow:

When hit 100 - 110km/h they will be shouting "Why are you driving so fast?":rofl:

So, not sure about my car cuz i never did any chassis strengthening yet.

But being a passenger, we will feel that the car is going faster than what the driver felt. Is just common, I too once felt my gf driving fast in her Atos last time, but then when i see the speedometer, is only 60 - 70km/h :banghead:

Don't know why...:confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

ok then its time to try n error remove some bars and test again....

as per CAK...perhaps u can adjust the alignment toe to 0.0 (dead center) and camber -ve1.0 all on four corner.......that amount of camber still decent for daily road use and help stabilize the car on the straight :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
strengthen chassis after few years so there's no any loose screw?
After installing the stiff rings, they just told me to tighten those bolts undercarriage once awhile...even if u didnt fix stiff rings or anything, no harm getting the mech to tighten or check on the bolts.

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
got my ride installed with the stiff rings ... so far just tested one day.. i am kinda impressed.
but cant really know which is which as i installed 2 things together .. :P ..
but i did test a satria neo with a stiff ring .. quite noticeable improvement i would say

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ok then its time to try n error remove some bars and test again....

as per CAK...perhaps u can adjust the alignment toe to 0.0 (dead center) and camber -ve1.0 all on four corner.......that amount of camber still decent for daily road use and help stabilize the car on the straight :driver:
Aisay man.. that's exactly what my alignment/camber is set to. And removing the bars is a pain in the a$$ la. All of the bars are very difficult to remove except the front tower strut and room bar. Everything else requires a lot of removal and I'm kinda lazy man. LOL

Anyway, it isn't really a problem for me. It basically discourages people from getting in my car. When passangers ask me what the room bar is for, my usual reply is :

"To make my passangers uncomfortable"

:rofl:

strengthen chassis after few years so there's no any loose screw?
I've had mine checked a few times already. Each time checked with a impact gun, each time it's already super tight. Never loosened at all.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
got my ride installed with the stiff rings ... so far just tested one day.. i am kinda impressed.
but cant really know which is which as i installed 2 things together .. :P ..
but i did test a satria neo with a stiff ring .. quite noticeable improvement i would say
Yes, small and simple but impressive results. Obvious Results.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Aisay man.. that's exactly what my alignment/camber is set to. And removing the bars is a pain in the a$$ la. All of the bars are very difficult to remove except the front tower strut and room bar. Everything else requires a lot of removal and I'm kinda lazy man. LOL

Anyway, it isn't really a problem for me. It basically discourages people from getting in my car. When passangers ask me what the room bar is for, my usual reply is :

"To make my passangers uncomfortable"

:rofl:

I've had mine checked a few times already. Each time checked with a impact gun, each time it's already super tight. Never loosened at all.

if thats the case then i'm not sure...coz my car kenot install CAK...chasis have been into front collision...so the measurement sure lari....

or is it you were driving at 110MPH instead of 110KM/H??? :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Besides Exedy Super Single, what other clutch choices possible? Looking for something soft close like stock for daily drive :driver: after leg pain :stickyman:.

Any sifu here can share ur experiences. :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience