Adding 2T as petrol additives...

Haven't had the time to do my overhaul. Car is in the workshop anyway. Will test when the car is back.

xtorm

Dec 9, 2003
PETRONAS Syntium Moto 2SP is fully-synthetic two stroke motorcycle oil synergized with premium performance esters for extreme performance racing engines. Engineered and tested with Grand Prix experience for ultimate power performance, piston cleanliness, effective lubricity, excellent film strength and prolonged protection under extreme riding conditions.

PETRONAS Dagangan Berhad

Product Typicals
Characteristics Value
Density @ 15 °C, kg/l 0.8723
Pour Point, °C -43
Flash Point, °C 110
Kinematic Viscosity, cSt
@ 40 °C 51.5
@ 100 °C 9.05
Viscosity Index 159
Sulfated Ash 0.22

hmm good idea to put this in?

i think its rm35 per 1 litre

me2kimi

Jun 25, 2007
Me also just finish a tank of 2T mixture. I use Fully sinthethic petronas rm 43 per bottle.
This is what i notice, after a few minutes mix petrol with 2T, I can heard engine sound smoother and quieter than before.
Performance wise a bit improve, but not sure for FC coz my FC always fluctuate between 10-13 km/liter on city driving

So ..... How? What's "good results"? Do share....
Will do. If after 3 tanks and running fine then should pass.

In the past when testing change over from Ron97 to 95, after 3rd tank, my VR will loose low end slightly, then will knock and cough at 4k RPM, and will be stuck at 4.5k, coughing all the way.
Lately is on Ron95 with octane booster bought from a friend, now switch over to test 2T as replacement. Hope it goes well, then will have much more savings.....:rolleyes:

option1978

May 25, 2009
After reading all about petrol additives here, decided to try it out myself. So far for the past 1.5 months, I have tried the following:

1. STP Super Concentrated Fuel Injector & Cleaner (Black Bottle)
- Engine sounds & feel smoother
- More responsive throttle
- More stable idling

2. X-1R Engine Treatment Concentrate
- Engine sounds & feel smoother / lighter
- Very responsive throttle
- More stable idling

3. Marvel Mystery Oil Ultimate Engine Performance
- Engine sounds & feel much smoother
- More responsive throttle
- More stable idling

Among the 3, Marvel Mystery Oil is the better product. Can actually feel the improvement almost immediately & it's more affordable & suitable for long run, hence long term enjoyment. For RM 36+ a bottle, can use 4 times while the other 2 cost between RM 20+ & RM30+, 1 bottle per tank & cannot be used often, recommended one bottle every 5000km or so but less than 1000 km later, the smoothness / lightness feel of the engine is no longer there.

As for FC, did felt the improvement after using STP & X1R. On city drive, FC dropped to 0.16 / km from 0.17 while highway drive, FC dropped to 0.13 / km from 0.15

Just started using MMO (since Tuesday), will have to monitor to see if there is any improvement to FC.

Overall, 1 & 2 are worth using as not only it improves the performance slightly, it also helped solved my idling problem.

csl

Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
KNN, after test, both 2T and Torco RCL can't solve the diesel engine sound. 2T may be able to reduce a minor bit but just not worth it.

CSL. how much you mix and what type you put in?

csl

Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
about 100ml for 60L tank. Don't dare to put more as afraid the diesel pump will fail like Mazda fuel pump. Don't really remember the name but it was RM20+ from Shell per L.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
from what i know is that 2T is a lubricant not an octane booster.therefore it will give a bad effect on the combustion(for 4 strokes).however the reason it use in 2-strokes engine because 2-strokes engine doesnt have lubricant tank below the engine.
Danial,

I think you are absolutely right!

No further commento.....:wavey::itsme:

xtorm

Dec 9, 2003
I check my plugs every time i serviced d car.. hell i even dipped a camera scope into one of the pistons 3 months ago for the kick of it... clean as a whistle... as for carbon built ups and damaging of fuel pumps, it highly depends on the ratio of which u mix.. i only mix a small quantity of it... .

meaning the pistons and all are cleaner then normal? i pump rm50 normally, so im planing to put in 50ml.

Hi Sifus,

I would like to ask about evo 3 alternator. This year mine already kong 3x (today is the third time.)
:banghead::banghead:
Already check all the wiring and nothing wrong with it.
Wonder what will cause it.
What type of alternator is recommended ?
Also normally it's only 90amp type, heard evos using 110amp, is it true? Is it ok using recond rather than ori since ori very expensive.

Pls sifu, need ur advice or tips/tricks on this. Really sick with it already.