extractor + exhaust

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
reef bro,

is it easy to go the exhaust shop you mention from jb custom? The furthest i went was the Premium Outlet at Kulai.. :hmmmm2:

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

since you replace the old bullet with a new one.. what did you replace your catcon with?
I think he meant replacing the catcon with a bullet.. :confused:

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
reef bro,
is it easy to go the exhaust shop you mention from jb custom? The furthest i went was the Premium Outlet at Kulai.. :hmmmm2:
err.. the place i go to is 300km away from jb.. you will have to drive all the way to Shah Alam..
if its too far.. i'll try to ask around for a good exhaust place from my friends in JB..

reef bro,
I think he meant replacing the catcon with a bullet.. :confused:
so now got 2 bullets at catcon and at old midbox? this setup is for AT? :confused:

neobard

Jan 16, 2012
terengaanu
since you replace the old bullet with a new one.. what did you replace your catcon with?
they call it bullet also. size smaller than catcon.....i think i dah kena kencing....suppose i stick to my intention to install 4-1 extractor....the shop took my catcon. according to my regular machanic....the catcon can be sold at besi buruk yard for RM100....:banghead:

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
err.. the place i go to is 300km away from jb.. you will have to drive all the way to Shah Alam..
if its too far.. i'll try to ask around for a good exhaust place from my friends in JB..

so now got 2 bullets at catcon and at old midbox? this setup is for AT? :confused:
Er.. okay that is far! Can please help me ask around? thanks thanks:wavey:

neobard

Jan 16, 2012
terengaanu

yesss...correct...funny huh...already order 4-1 extractor .... to be installed after raya cina together with aerospeed open pod air filter and crank pully

Trevox.C.Eddy

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2011
www.facebook.com
yesss...correct...funny huh...already order 4-1 extractor .... to be installed after raya cina together with aerospeed open pod air filter and crank pully

I don't know much about crank pulleys, but what I heard is that if the tension is not properly adjusted along with snaping your timing belt, it might blow your engine causing your piston to hit your valves and bending it :smile:

You're driving neo? I suggest you get those adjustable pulleys I heard they are quite good for your campro and/or cps? :smile:
Btw I think you meant Arospeed right? You're getting the whole filter kit? I heard it's quite cheap, comes with the air ram pipe as well for around RM299?
After you install and try the open pod do share with me your experience thanks.

Last edited:

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
why? could damage the belt? or some other issues...please explain more details on it....eager to know
Stock crank pulley is carefully tuned to reduce crank distortion. aftermarket is not. you cannot just make a similar looking pulley is not

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
stock headers are 4-1 into a catalytic converter.

an AT car would benefit from 4-2-1 header because of the linear power gains from low to mid and abit of high rpm.
where the 4-1 power is from mid to high rpm range.
so, a good setup should not make u sweat when cruising on the highway or moving from traffic light stops.

it's wiser to put the power where you want it and not somewhere difficult to reach, that way you could save fuel and prevent premature engine damage ( due to keeping rpm range high up there )

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, successfully installed an SR20-turbo from S14 into a 2-door jeep. Now still have the ori 1.5" stock pipe with stock muffler. I plan to change to 2.5 normal steel pipe with the matching straight flow exhaust- maybe with a bit of sound. What do you think? is this okay? The engine is 100% ori, I am not planning to do any upgrading anytime soon.

Also, If I I want to use a 2.5" diameter pipe, is it necessary that I find the exhaust with 2.5" inlet?

If there's already a thread for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience