Persona Elegance with many problems?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
thanks joev...anybody else noticed this happening? am just wondering...even if the radiator fan runs but the water pump isnt running, then the engine isnt going to get cooled since the hotter water will still stay in the block....

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
thanks joev...anybody else noticed this happening? am just wondering...even if the radiator fan runs but the water pump isnt running, then the engine isnt going to get cooled since the hotter water will still stay in the block....
my house persona dun have tis problem leh. maybe need go sc for a check

Feb 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
It has been an unfortunate weekend for me. My Proton Persona banged a Vios; causing the radiator to crack. One of the reasons is the brake system is quite sluggish...
Therefore, I would like enquire all the forumers here is it wise to change the entire brake system? Will it cause the warranty to void?

Another well-known problem with Persona is lack of pick-up speed...I've heard extractors can reduce FC and enhancing the pickups...What do you think?:hmmmm:

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
bro,u driving base line right?i think u should change your brake pump to 1.6 cc pump,then problem should be solved,as for the fc there,u can try to change the extractor,at least you can improve pick up and improve low end,then when feel it smooth you will have a better fc.

ryan1907

Nov 3, 2010
Penang
Hi all,

I m driving PE base line manual. Did about 20% highway and 80% town.

Just wana to check..is there any 1 face below problem:-
1. the fuel consumption meter show the correct info?
As I manually calculate and found that the is drinking more petrol compare to what it show.

2. Currently my fuel consumption meter show 10.5litre / 100km any 1 having this amount as well?
If calculate manually should be 13litre/ 100km. Already check with SC and they did some adjustment but still same. (By the way previously it show 8.8litre/ 100km before 5k mileage.

Apr 13, 2011
Melaka
Hai guy.. need some advise. not sure anyone face this type of break problem or not..
My persona 1.6 M-line Manual August 2010 seem to be having break problem.

My wife did tell me that some times she feel that during waiting car at traffic light the car move a bit like the break was not fully holding it.. I told her is due to her mis-judge due to maybe car in-front or behind are moving. (I don't even think it's problem.) Worse, today, when my wife reversing car out from my house, the break not function (But the auto door lock still lock the door as when pressing the break.) & directly bang to my jiran house. (This was what my wife say.) After that when I try, I still don't see or feel any problem with the break...

1. Did any one having this type of problem ?
2. Also, what should I do ? Any way to claim as my car are just about 7 months only.

Appreciate for any advise out there.

May 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Based on your issue (3.when drive through uneven road got sound like metal hitting something (problem still not solve as many ppl tried and got post this problem b4,but for my car the sound gone after some time ) I had the same problem and by luck i got it fixed in one of the SC in Sungai Buloh, the issue is:

- There is a host that is connected from the break fluid container to the brake lines. This host is then connected to the disk breaks. The reason of the knocking is because the host that is to big, when you press down the paddle the oil will flow to the disc and when you let go it will flow back up. So when there is no fluid at the disc hydraulic then the noises will occur especially on uneven roads.

- By right the fluid are suppose to be constant between the container and the disk, so what this guy did was to take out the host that was connected to the break fluid container , put in a washer in between and connected it back. By doing this there was a constant flow of fluid on both ends.

adriankhoo153

Jun 19, 2008
guys...one of my colleagues bought a pesona base line a few months back n has this weird problem. after hiway run of about half hour, then park car, turn off, lock and walk away...then suddenly the radiator fan comes on by itself. car is locked and key is not plugged in! he sent to P1 SC n they say this is normal operation of the car! then they changed the temp sensor but still same thing.

is this normal??
I thought got ghost. Same thing happen to my wife newly bough PE. I was about to close my house door and i heard the radiator fan comes on. I was like :hmmmm: and :stupid:
Then i see my neighbour came back and thought it was her car. But to think of it should be cause it's quite afar. Guess i am not alone.

RamKumar.ipoh

From Facebook
Aug 29, 2011
www.facebook.com
First, u need to understand that persona use sensor to accelerate. Not a cable! So need o chane ur driving style. Or ur sensor is malfunction. Persona auto is the best. Manual a little problem

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
First, u need to understand that persona use sensor to accelerate. Not a cable! So need o chane ur driving style. Or ur sensor is malfunction. Persona auto is the best. Manual a little problem
agreed dis. btw u can make it better by changin da adjustable cam gear, lighten crank pulley n oso da extractor

Firechicken

Jun 22, 2004
NA
Visit site
Guys, i just got my Persona M-line (auto)7 months ago and so far the fuel comsuption so far quite OK. It's running 7.9ltr/100km. Well, i just go for 80 - 100kmh++ and i make sure my rpm wont go more than 3k....=D

But i do have squeaking noise issue on my dashboard and weird sound on my rear absober (i think). When i go thru all the bumps the rear part of my car sure got some sort of noise. Is it because the absober got issue? Can i ask for the new absober?

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
Hello guys..Im a proud owner of the new persona elegance..Just bought mine brand new base line 2 months ago and so far is loving it. In terms of power i feel the 2nd generation of persona is quit good. I do face a few issue that is noise coming from the front suspension when driving on bumpy roads,dashboard consol below the cd player makes funny noise to sometimes. Mostly it sounds like common issues that dont realy bother me much..On terms of FC so far my mileage is around 3k and i get 10.5L for a 100kmh but if u ask me dont trust the meter coz i feel its much more safer then my iswara..I fill RM30/- and i can use for 5-6 days city driving..thats preety good..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Hello guys..Im a proud owner of the new persona elegance..Just bought mine brand new base line 2 months ago and so far is loving it. In terms of power i feel the 2nd generation of persona is quit good. I do face a few issue that is noise coming from the front suspension when driving on bumpy roads,dashboard consol below the cd player makes funny noise to sometimes. Mostly it sounds like common issues that dont realy bother me much..On terms of FC so far my mileage is around 3k and i get 10.5L for a 100kmh but if u ask me dont trust the meter coz i feel its much more safer then my iswara..I fill RM30/- and i can use for 5-6 days city driving..thats preety good..
bro, after 10000km, yr car will run smoother and u will feel lighter pedal since engine has run in, by then your FC should be not more than 8litre/100km.....mine running 7.1litre on average.
the squeking sound can be rectify, send to sc and they shall be able to assist.

Guys, i just got my Persona M-line (auto)7 months ago and so far the fuel comsuption so far quite OK. It's running 7.9ltr/100km. Well, i just go for 80 - 100kmh++ and i make sure my rpm wont go more than 3k....=D

But i do have squeaking noise issue on my dashboard and weird sound on my rear absober (i think). When i go thru all the bumps the rear part of my car sure got some sort of noise. Is it because the absober got issue? Can i ask for the new absober?
about the rear squeking sound, not absorber, it is yr rear seat hook. u unhook the seat at yr back seat and tie some black loytape on the hook and slam it to lock the hook...the sound will go off.

Nov 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

I just booked my persona H-line auto solid white last week. is there any recomendation of reliable SC around PJ/subang/shah alam which i can send my persona for service in the future? looks like many problem arise partly due to the poor technician, hence need advise from the current persona owner on reliable SC. Thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi... Anyone know where can i get the supercharger or turbocharger for Hyundai Tiburon/coupe RD2 2000 model in Malaysia? :eek:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience