evo 6 vs ferrari 360

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
even in the cartoon initial d, 86 cannot fight wif evo3 modified. face the facts..... :D

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
seriously if i have a ferrari, i wont be embarassed if an evo beats me. In the end i drive a ferrari and he drives a mitsu only.

And I can always sell the car and buy a 1000hp skyline r34 and tapau the evo back anytime.

I think wat im saying has nothing to do with the topic tho :p

Anyway it's turbo vs na maa....altho 3.6 vs 2.0

SonnyCooL

May 4, 2005
kher said:
nono....i dun tink so.....u duno need 1 million++ to mod a 9's evo...

i saw b4 few years ago the new price of a modena....that time juz come out oni... 1.5 million...

need so much so mod the 9's evo?
For a 9 second evo, i think the time, effort and money is more then u can expect .......

SonnyCooL

May 4, 2005
munky said:
seriously if i have a ferrari, i wont be embarassed if an evo beats me. In the end i drive a ferrari and he drives a mitsu only.

And I can always sell the car and buy a 1000hp skyline r34 and tapau the evo back anytime.

I think wat im saying has nothing to do with the topic tho :p

Anyway it's turbo vs na maa....altho 3.6 vs 2.0
Agree with u, is not shame at all, unleast the ferreri try or intent to attack (tiong) the misu, that will be other case .... Bully kecil ..... is happy to see the ferreri lose :p :p

A driver with a bigger car when they lose to smaller car but nvr admit until they found a bigger road (from genting down hill they lose, but when they reach Karak Highway they win (2000cc VS 1000 cc stock standard) ) and overtake the small car with high pride ........ Bikin malu saja .......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It looked like the Ferrari wasn't even trying to accelerate at the beginning and the Evo was wheel spinning.

All in all.. here's the facts :

- Ferrari is one helluva farking powerful car. You NEED a modded car to catch up with it much less smoke it. Ferrari is more of a status car than a racing car. I mean, granted, there are a few race Ferrari's out there but seriously how many drags you've seen have Ferrari racers? If I went up Genting in a Ferrari I doubt anyone would bother if I got overtaken by another car. I'm cruising along in my 3rd gear uphill while your engine is screaming at probably 2nd gear uphill to try to get some momentum :P Anyway, if I own a ferrari, I wouldn't careless about being tiong-ed cuz I'm a ferrari and you're not. Status mah! Heh. Who cares if you can smoke me? The chicks will dig my car more than your modded Evo! (well.. most of them will anyway.)

- Evo 6 is one helluva car. In fact, ALL EVOS are friggin good cars. And true to its heritage, it's a Japanese car and all Japanese cars were meant to be modded. Which means EVO 6 or whatever EVO be modded to outrun any car if the budget allows it. Hell, ANY car can be modded to outrun a Ferrari if the budget allowed it.

But seriously, unless we can get the specs and config of these two drag cars, it's unfair to condemn either one until then. I mean, just exactly how fair is racing a stock entry level Ferrari vs a heavily souped up Evo? That's like pitting a Merc SLK vs a M3. Yeah both cars are fast but the Evo most likely was modded to outrun the Ferrari anyway from the looks of it. Give the Ferrari owner to mod his car then re-race again and see who'll win.

FERRARI FOREVER! Screw them Renault F1 cheats! :D Hehehe.. no harm intended. Personal opinion only

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
end of the day, you couldnt have chosen to compare to more different cars.. one a mass produced 4 door turbo car with roots in WRC, purpose built for exhilarating acceleration and handling.. the Ferrari on the other hand, totally upmarket, handbuilt (?) with development trickling slowly from R&D in F1.. owners of both cars DO care about racing their cars, look at the track days Ferrari owners have all the time, not only all over the world but also in Msia.. of course there are some who prefer to take it slow but even in the video; if the guy didnt care about racing his car he wouldn't have brought it down to the drag strip would he?

anyways, with money anything IS possible.. an well modded Evo IS fast enough to outrun a Ferrari down the 1/4 mile and the Evo wouldnt even have to run a 10.. top speed is a different story.. theoretically you could build an Evo to outrun a Ferrari at top speed with a huge turbo, better aerodynamics, gearing etc but whats the point? Evo's were made for accelaration and they have proven that in WRC etc

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
aiseh... frankly if you ask me ..... a fully blown evo won't cost as much as a ferarri lerrr......

just watch top gear... got 1 episode on an evo 8 mr vs a mucielago..... it manage to keep up with it.

ferraries are great cars... don't get me wrong cause i would love to own 1... but the

satisfaction of modding a car to be faster then a supercar sure is satisfying.... thats why the modding world exist... self-satisfaction...... cheers guys... chill.....

narx

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
johndoe said:
skill is 1 thing ,,, no matter how skillful u r, hving a low powered car is impossible to beat an overpowered car... :D
its true to a certain context.
straights lines yes. power matters.
when it comes to turns. this is where it gets interesting.

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
let's assume both driver got same skills.. but that modded evo got 500-600bhp or more..higher torque but that modena is stock standard only.. so guess la who will win

the thing is,

it's just a 400m drag strip, why would you guys compare both cars in corner attacks..tracks.. long distance run and.. etc etc ?.. that's another story ler

both are good cars and built for different purpose.. so be it

this argument is nothing more but like some topic comparing FQ400 evo vs zonda and other supercars

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
for me i dun care who is faster...its who gets the better....

EVO = Asian Chickies
Ferrari = Italian,French,Swedish,Brazil Chicken

and status

EVO = young boy
Ferrari = Successful businessman perhaps

Nuff Said

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
johndoe said:
skill is 1 thing ,,, no matter how skillful u r, hving a low powered car is impossible to beat an overpowered car... :D

bro,
if you talk about straight line drag, on highway..etc. etc. yes. your statement is true. but if you bring the competition to small twisty roads, a low powered light weight car will eat the ferrari for breakfast anyday. a good example is the lotus elise.

But just dragging on a straight road that goes on forever is plain boring. i personally would go for a car thats got all round ability. good accelaration, decent straight line speed, and good handling. plus a nice big boot, and four doors also.
BUT...the ferrari will win hands down on just looks alone, even without starting the engine. its still a super car, and the evo is just a tarted up saloon car.

also, an evo will never beat a ferrari in a long straight, its just not built for that. the evo has very strong underpinnings to its rally heritage. its gearing is very short. even if it had the HP, it will still lose out on gearing.

Last year, a singaporean, desmond soh came with a modded evo 8MR to sepang, and based on the tracks electronic timing system, did a 2min 32sec lap. now thats very fast. it is still a street car, and not a race car. no rollcage..etc.

but its a widely known fact, that across twisty countryside roads, the evo, and its rival in crime, the WRX, are extremely quick, and if it was raining, totally invincible.

at the end of the day, they are still very different cars, aimed at different target markets..etc... and the price factor.. the modena is more than RM1 million in case you guys wanna know, probably coming close to 1.5mil. the only EVO that costs more is a current 2005 spec WRCar evo at RM6 million. that car accelerates to 100km/h in 3 secs+ in tarmac spec but rarely goes quicker than 220km/h.

Last edited:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
few months ago....a ferrari was eaten alive by a MX5 and a red chilli jazz....scary shite....on highway summore...dun pray pray....

eddie

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
last friday nite, a couple of ferraris could have got eaten by a black monster......Muaaahhaaahhaaa.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The qualifying for tomorrow's 2010 installment of the Merdeka Millennium Endurance race has just ended and posted below are the complete results. Qualifying at the front of the grid is not exactly necessary in an endurance race, but a clean start with zero traffic is essential as well.

This year's favourite's Audi...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience