WTB: Skyline GTT or Silvia??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
I'm not goin into drift I guess...just wanna find machine which is powerfull with gud handling...how bout sparepart ya'?

For me, I would go for a Silvia because of the appearance and not to mention the perferct weight to power ratio of from a stock standard Silvia with SR20. Like what Gen2 said earlier, its easy to mod the SR20 with heaps of spareparts available around. Skyline's sparepart, its not that easy to source as Silvia's and the price also a little expensive bcos of the rareness.

Roadtax, Silvia with 2000cc while Skyline goes with 2500cc.. :P

"just wanna find machine which is powerfull with gud handling" can only determined when you actually test drive each car to feel the differences, then you can decide on which car you will go for.

happy choosing! :)

It really depends on what ur intention are to buy these 2 beautifully built machine. Some people like to lighter & sporty looking SILVIA, some like the 6 cyclinder smoothness & Higher cruiser plus SKYLINE badge (Wank factor include). If u do carry people the SKYline do have slightly better space on the rear. It terms of parts, silvia's is usually cheaper and easily available but the skyline parts for GTT is getting more readily available. End of the day is your choice, test drive both & know what mods u will end up with. Both will still satisfy you one way or another.

Im sure SKYLINE will turn more heads than the Silvia.....my 2 cents.

Not too experienced, but I think If ur not into drifting, want power n handling, test drive both machines, and Im sure you will be happy with the GTT. U want unreg. & white, so thats another plus for the GTT, coz u can join the white R34's, Satigue & Driftmeister. When u see a couple of White R34's on the steet, its like watching angels amongst humans, beautiful.

But, if I were u, try n test drive both machines which u know are in good condition, then before u buy one you can tell the difference. Try to get someone who is well experienced to view the car with you, so u wont get a japanese reject rip-off.

Also, I think u sould do the bare minumum modifications to it, coz u dont want to turn your GTT into a Mutant-steroid muscle car. Mine is done up averagly, and I spend RM50-80/day on petrol for daily driving. GTTs are not monsters, they are more practical works of are with lots of grunt already.

Thats of course if u choose one over the sylvia in the 1st place...

Last edited:
go and test drive and feel the car.......u should know wat to pick

Yeah White looks great for GTT, makes them look a little wider or bigger. It's a vizual thingy plus not that hard to maintain. If u want GTR, then got for Bayside Blue or Gun Metallic Grey. Black is also my fav...*dreaming* now!

a good condition white unreg GTT very difficult to find la. dun talk about manual....lagi susah man. by the time our fren broz114 able to find a good GTT will be months away la....so hv u decided? dun wait too long yea....it's not easy to find unless u not fussy la :) if u lucky, by Raya u'll get the car on the road.

hahahaha... By raya can get the car huh? hehhee like hari raya car plak.. :D

i have to add that the S15 was the car of the year in australia for a certain respected magazine when it was launched years ago....

so its well reviewed and tested and tuned etc etc....

anyways both are RWD lar u can't go wrong on any decision....hehe

If i'm not mistake... GTT is auto only kan>???

These type of cars would be best in MANUAL form. Unless ur Miss's wants to drive also then u cannot argue lah (let her pay for petrol also eh). Wah Raya coming so fast eh?

GTT comes in auto and manuals...manuals more hard to find and cost abit more only.

I agree Driftmeister, she drive she pay hahah

i test drive impreza wrx 8 not sTi version and it's powerful, handling is gud...any comparison with skyline or silvia? i test skyline tiptronic and found out it's not syok one...:( , anybody willing to gimme test drive skyline manual GTT or silvia s15? :D

try looking in star metro classified & give a call la. alot of skyline & silvias there for u to test drive.

My opinion is to get the S15... Like some of them said... plenty of mods to go around for the S15 somemore... U mod your S15... you compare with S15s....

If you get GTT, which is a class below GTR, you mod your GTT... people like to compare with GTR... some may even think it's a GTR-wannabe...

At the end, it also depends on your personal preference lah... Personally, I'd rather get the S15, then work towards a GTR :_:

broz come jb mutiara motors there plenty of S15s for you to test out...

broz114 said:
i test drive impreza wrx 8 not sTi version and it's powerful, handling is gud...any comparison with skyline or silvia? i test skyline tiptronic and found out it's not syok one...:( , anybody willing to gimme test drive skyline manual GTT or silvia s15? :D

Dude, just sharing a little here.. When I viewed my car for the 1st time, the owner was very hesitant to let me drive, probably thought I was some young punk who just wants a cheap thrill n not actually buy. Thus I could tell that he really babied his car, and took great care of it. I was quite happy with him just taking me for a spin. Ideally when u test drive a car, you wanna go full throttle and check if the boost is linear, if the high revs are good and if the suspension and stiffnes of the body is solid. In the end I picked the car I didnt get to test drive all out, over the ones I did, coz I could tell just by the owner driving it flat-out that it was a very good car. And I have no regrets ever since.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom