[WTA] Mohawk subwoofers

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

vyzc

Dec 15, 2005
I'm currently looking for a subwoofer, preferably a 10" one. I was wondering if anyone here can provide some feedback regarding Mohawk subs (Spirit, Red, Blue, Orange etc)? How's the performance of these subs? Can they produce low and deep bass? I intend to hook it up to an Alpine replica amp. Any feedback will be much appreciated. :regular_smile:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
vyzc said:
I'm currently looking for a subwoofer, preferably a 10" one. I was wondering if anyone here can provide some feedback regarding Mohawk subs (Spirit, Red, Blue, Orange etc)? How's the performance of these subs? Can they produce low and deep bass? I intend to hook it up to an Alpine replica amp. Any feedback will be much appreciated. :regular_smile:
the amp hae been discuss a while ago.... NOT SIUTABLE FOR SUB.....

vyzc

Dec 15, 2005
Hmm, I thought so too. So, which 10" sub is the hottest buy now? My budget is about RM250-300. I haven't been able to listen to many subs, been pretty busy lately...

Hibekiki

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
my advise is go for 12" sub with your budget........ and you won't regret.

with these budget range.... you don't have much option...

you may try boschmann or kicker(those product made in china)...althought made in china... but the quality control not too bad

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hibekiki, no intention to flame, but i hope you dun look down on mohawk 2 much. actually it much depends on your overall setup and tuning to derive the best quality from Mohawk. although it may not be in your mid-high end category, but still, i feel that it is one of the better ones among those in the similar budget range. infact, most of those who buy Mohawk from me are more than happy with their setup.

Cheers

vyzc

Dec 15, 2005
Hibekiki, well the reason I'm going for a 10" sub is because I'm driving a Kelisa. Not sure if I have enough space for a 12" sub with enclosure.

bullet_nos, you've got your point there mate. The Mohawk subs are pretty affordable too. Now, if only I can test them out somewhere...

aurie

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
bro,driving kelisa sure no prob with the 12" inside...few of kelisa i saw had 12" inside and sounds good to me.

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
bullet_nos said:
hibekiki, no intention to flame, but i hope you dun look down on mohawk 2 much. actually it much depends on your overall setup and tuning to derive the best quality from Mohawk. although it may not be in your mid-high end category, but still, i feel that it is one of the better ones among those in the similar budget range. infact, most of those who buy Mohawk from me are more than happy with their setup.

Cheers
I tot Mohawk is local product made by NTC & design by stillwater... not mid or high end product.... just budget product... performance/quality not to far to their competitor like American Sound, Shuttle Lab, Stellar, Boschmann, Lightning Acoustic, AV Quartz & etc....

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
hi guys..i'm one of the user of mohawk..single 12" dvc mohawk classic + rogers components (6"+ tweeters + passive x-overs) + cap ayam 2 channel sub amp (carspec) + 2 channel stellar component sub + fultron pre amp + nakamichi MB-650 player..the bass for sub i can say very soft i just love it considering my budget rojak set up..it's up to the tuning i guess..and the source signal.just my 2 cents..but mebbe more expensive drivers can produce lower softer bass..due to better material and technology..never played expensive one before..

Last edited:

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
no personal comment for mohawk stuff... but i hav heard more bad reviews than good reviews on them.... but personally i never used them...

but on budget setup... my vote will always go to bmboschmann... they suit my personal preference jus well... but if it doesnt suits the others then wut to do...

tell you wut vyzc... of you like mohawk stuffs' sound more than those alpine, JL, macrom, Helix... or wutever that is considered as good stuff by the pros here... i suggest you to go ahead and take the mohawk... as the pros here dun even gonna sit in your car everyday but you are going to drive it every single day...

cheers...

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
craziechild said:
no personal comment for mohawk stuff... but i hav heard more bad reviews than good reviews on them.... but personally i never used them...

but on budget setup... my vote will always go to bmboschmann... they suit my personal preference jus well... but if it doesnt suits the others then wut to do...

tell you wut vyzc... of you like mohawk stuffs' sound more than those alpine, JL, macrom, Helix... or wutever that is considered as good stuff by the pros here... i suggest you to go ahead and take the mohawk... as the pros here dun even gonna sit in your car everyday but you are going to drive it every single day...

cheers...
just giving my opinion...ofcoz mohawk will not ever sound like those hi end stuffs..alpine, jl, helix etc..coz in quality, material and technology wise, high end products for sure have the highest compared to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or whatever class..if i got the budget rite..i'm gonna go for those high end..looking to your budget stated there..u could go for a better brand..which brand..i'm sure pros here can name some..as a noobie like me and poor budget, my stuff just enuff (mebbe only to my ears) and u too should buy what u wanna hear..as none of us going to sit in ur car everyday...u do..what kinda stuff u should buy..pros here can assist..i'm out..no pro.

83cat

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
for kelisa as my gf driving, i also add on a 10" sub in her car, i can say only 10" sub with box can fit in nicely becos if 12" with standard box can not, with small box is waste for an good 12", i will say your choose 10" is right.

if your buget is 200-250 why don get an JVC 10" sub, go check the website, sound good and quality also nice and cheap also, for me at that price i will consider a JVC10" still enaugh for a box. and smaller amp, 10" also better sound acurate,, JVC bass is tight, that is what music needs, i think it is the no1 condenter in its price. hands down kenwood sony. if say you want BOOM BOOM, that go hard way get 15" x2 also can like some people but need alot of modification and big good amp and power supply.

JVC 10" is lest than rm200,

for alpine replica, hey better no for bass, it can not hit subwoofer only for speaker will be ok, go brother there and find one call "Shark" 2 channel amp about rm350 will be good, that is one of the best brother product.

all is my own opinion.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
hmm... i think how big is the sub box need is all depend on the sub itself... some sub need big box... but some need jus a small box... so check the spec before you buy... a good sub will always provide the box specification chart for you... so built the box according to it for best result out of the sub... then if you can only hav a small box then find one that recommend small box application... how a sub sound most of the time depends on the box you use...

cheers...

vyzc

Dec 15, 2005
Very valuable advice given by all, thanks! Will think about it.

mini clubman DF9818

500 RPM
Dec 5, 2005
craziechild said:
hmm... i think how big is the sub box need is all depend on the sub itself... some sub need big box... but some need jus a small box... so check the spec before you buy... a good sub will always provide the box specification chart for you... so built the box according to it for best result out of the sub... then if you can only hav a small box then find one that recommend small box application... how a sub sound most of the time depends on the box you use...

cheers...
yaya....the size of the box is very important for the sub.....got sometimes u use the expensive sub n fit in the box the result is not so good but when u fit the cheap or other brand sub then will gv u thumb up result.....all can i say is the size of the box is very very important........i oso wan 2 custom my rear boot coz now im using the normal 10'' box......

any body can gv me the price of custom the whole rear boot for mini cooper(as my avatar above)......