Would safc(II) affect the ign timing???

Turbo676

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
white_bird said:
heard of it but dunno whether it's true or not.. anyone??
yes. large injectors + minus fuel = advancing ignition timing

PutraCraze

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
i tok the fuel map was intercepted by SAFC, tat should be running on SAFC fuel map, unless u didn't adjust anything on SAFC....my assumption

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
May not directly affect the ign timing. What happens on the other hand is your ECU might compensate for the new fuelling SAFC2 is telling it and alter the ign timing accordingly.

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
so it will still b affected but not much lor.. right?? coz for turbo car.. if set to +ve tht means the ECU will sense more boost n retart timing??? is it possible??

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
Yes it does affect your ignition timing. What the SAFC does is alter your load signal going to the ECU to make the ECU tell your injectors to squirt more or less fuel. For example, if you wanted less fuel, the SAFC would trick your ECU that the engine load is less.

At every load site in your ECU map are values for fuel and ignition, and these are tied together. Example: 50% load @ 3000 rpm = 50% injector duty @ 6 deg advance.

Therefore, altering your load signal to tune your fuelling will alter your ignition as well.

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
so, when we set SAFC to negative, does that mean the ignition being retard or advance??
normally, when we drive higher boost, should we retard or advance??
does anyone know for sure, cos ive been getting different sets of answers as well... thanks...
now, confuse oledi.. after i installed a slightly bigger turbine, should i increase my fuel pressure and use -ve setting for SAFC or decrease fuel pressure and use +ve settings on SAFC??

Last edited:

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
guys,

when we set -ve at the SAFC, does that mean we 'take out' (reduce) fuel ie: injector is going to inject less fuel, or the other way around?

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
Generally...
If SAFC set to -ve, then ignition advance
If SAFC set to +ve, then ignition retard
If you go to a bigger turbine, both of what you said can work, depending what car ur using.

The best bet is to pay a couple hundred bucks and get a good dyno tune.

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
erm.. wad i been told retard the timing during hi boost can increase some hp right?? can any1 elaborate a bit??

zaki

Known Member
Dec 7, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
white_bird said:
erm.. wad i been told retard the timing during hi boost can increase some hp right?? can any1 elaborate a bit??
not necessary. some to save engines, some to spool up the turbine. different engines have different approach. if you want maximum hp, you need max torque. to get maximum torque, the maximum pressure created by combustion must occur after certain degrees of ATDC. this is where the pressure will push the piston down, `faster'.
for the piston to move `faster' the ignition timing must be placed at the right angle so that the peak pressure of the combustion will occur at the `sweet spot'.

Last edited:

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Battousai said:
Generally...
If SAFC set to -ve, then ignition advance
If SAFC set to +ve, then ignition retard
If you go to a bigger turbine, both of what you said can work, depending what car ur using.

The best bet is to pay a couple hundred bucks and get a good dyno tune.
so confirm la kalau -ve at safc= advance timing...
thanks for ur info...
so now, i'll try to increase fuel pressure and set my SAFC to -ve.... cos i tried set +ve at Safc, my engine feels very heavy la...

p.s: if sarawak got a dyno machine, i'd be the first customer to tune my car there......heheh..

Last edited:

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
if i had unichip, i want to add SAFC2..
will it affect the settings?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi SIFUs at ZerotoHundred, I am new to machine polishing and recently I had try out the Meguairs D300 compound with their microfiber finishing disk and got the result below. The result is good but I think it could been better as I feel like there is light haze from the compound.

Before:

After:

From the picture I hope...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience