Worth Getting an Altezza Now?

mine was 9 yo when i bought it, no doubt i was worrying about the fixing need to be done on it when i bought it. but then again, tell me which used unit doesn't required any touch-up/fixing ? Once u get that sorted out, u have a wonderful ride.
i'm having it now for 2yr+, and guess what, now my wife ask me to get a 6MT altezza and the current 5AT altezza give to her, she wants it.
Well, my wife uses a Kancil all her life until I gotten the Altezza.
After that, she got so used to the 5AT Altezza, she loves to drive long distance with that car.
Somemore on aggressive manner too ! :biggrin:

well said.... if your talking about altis or camry .... yeah u will need to consider the age
but if it is a special model then age should be secondary.....
Give me an 11 years old Altezza anytime , I will forsake a 5 years old Camry anytime

hope there will be a '04 manual tezza lying around in two years time...

As mentioned by wfhan, when getting a 2nd hand altezza u will always expected to prepared some fixing. So it is possible to shared some ur experience upon buying their 2nd hand altezza?? As i m thinking of getting a 6mt version. would appreciate the feedback n comment(especially those who bought 2nd hand). what are the fixing that you have done.

Thanks

On mine, nothing serious to be fixed when i got her,
just those wear and tear stuff like 'brakepads/oils/belts/tires' which i don't consider them as 'fixing'.
Basically, the engine & tranny is quite rock solid, nothing much need to worry about unless the unit u tested produced some really awkward noise from its engine.
Probably pay some attention to the front upper and lower control arm if it gives some funny sound.

All women like that 1.
Starting don't want, don't want after shoik already then don't stop don't stop.

i like the "don't stop, don't stop" part.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

some poison
YouTube - ‪Sxe-10 Crew RD Gopro Camera Test

Last edited:
wfhan,

May i ask, wat model did u get??5AT or 6MT??wat was the mileage when u got it??? Maybe this has be discuss before, how is the FC like comparing 5AT vs 6MT??

thanks

throttle power,
mine is a year 2000 RS200 Z-edition 5AT, it's mileage was 7x,xxxkm when igot it 2years+ ago.
FC wise, not sure on the 6MT, my 5AT is giving me average of 9km+ per liter.
the rule of thumb for good mileage lies on your right leg and also engine health,
keep the engine healthy, and u'll get good mileage & performance out of it.

Last edited:
Well, to me, 2nd hand car such as Altezza, is worth buying, since
it is indeed a great car like many have said here.

That if you have the extra cash to maintain the car and ready cash
to fix up the car to its perfect condition again.

So, if u can't afford or not ready to face a car that might cost u
few hundred - thousand bucks, to fix a few problems, then best
to go for a new car that might be problem free for like 3 years
and not much of a problem till 5 years old...

Some cars are well-maintained by the previous owner if he is a real car lover.
So, still depends on luck on buying a 2nd hand.

Well, that's my point of view if i were to get a 2nd hand car. If I can afford now,
I wouldn't mind getting a Toyota Supra that is more than 10 years old.

I wouldn't even mind getting it even it is 20 years old when I'm able to afford it,
cuz is my dream car. At least, in my life, I get to own it for once.

Well, to me, 2nd hand car such as Altezza, is worth buying, since
it is indeed a great car like many have said here.

That if you have the extra cash to maintain the car and ready cash
to fix up the car to its perfect condition again.

So, if u can't afford or not ready to face a car that might cost u
few hundred - thousand bucks, to fix a few problems, then best
to go for a new car that might be problem free for like 3 years
and not much of a problem till 5 years old...

Some cars are well-maintained by the previous owner if he is a real car lover.
So, still depends on luck on buying a 2nd hand.

Well, that's my point of view if i were to get a 2nd hand car. If I can afford now,
I wouldn't mind getting a Toyota Supra that is more than 10 years old.

I wouldn't even mind getting it even it is 20 years old when I'm able to afford it,
cuz is my dream car. At least, in my life, I get to own it for once.

bingo! i like your last statement.:rofl:

anyway looking for Altezza and I am sure there is going to more of this question...

same price as Vios .... same price as altis..... which is not good enough.... you need

passion :driver: and $$ ......otherwise it is just another old car with character

and that is why we love it...:biggrin:

Supra Fanatic : JZA80 Supra is also one of my favourite....love the Getrag V160
0-100km in 4.6 sec .... maybe one day......

Last edited:
Guys...
Ur racun wont effect him much in here...invite him to tt..let him fell d power of 3s (G2-G5) and d rest e leave it to him...hehehe
Nway my point here...
BILA MAU TT??hahahaha

Again, if you want little/zero hassle, go get a new car.

If, you don't mind a little hassle to fix up the car nicely and you still have that little Altezza passion/love in you, by all means, find a good one and get it. Yes, it's an old car but it's an iconic Japanese car. Keep it stock or mod it into a monster, your choice. It can go both ways. ;)

HAHA long time no add POISON!!

Get an altezza then put 1JZ-gte then you have comfort and power!!!:evil::evil:

....and a very solid body/chassis to boot!!!

But if you want the car to be problem free, keep the stock 3S-GE and drive. As simple as that. Don't mod, don't put any 1JZ or 2JZ or 3JZ or 1ZZ or ..... in it.

well for me, i still MISS tezza. Miss every little time driving it. up till today, tezza always attract my eye whenever they zoom pass me. sometimes regret of letting it go but i got no choice back then. but nevertheless, if everything goes well, i think i will start hunting 6MT real soon. but let see how first. haha. maintenance wise, i think it's much more cheaper maintaining e46.

someone asked me a question when i first got my tezza. "Why you buy 10 years old car? with 80 grand, you can get a new car like VIOS.". I answered, "i need 10 seconds car."

Supra Fanatic : JZA80 Supra is also one of my favourite....love the Getrag V160
0-100km in 4.6 sec .... maybe one day......
Supra, a monster and a great legend of toyota :proud:

HAHA long time no add POISON!!

Get an altezza then put 1JZ-gte then you have comfort and power!!!:evil::evil:

....and a very solid body/chassis to boot!!!
If put in 1JZ-GTE, I would pick JZZ30 Toyota Soarer instead which cost almost the
same price :smile:

geting an old sports car there are lots of problems that you need to look into. But most importantly you do not regret it. If you like the Alteza then get it. You will only regret to have it one day but you chose it better then buying something that you don't like and regretting it late for not getting an Alteza. If your dream is getting an Alteza just go ahead. just an advise, put a fraction of money to maintain the car and also it will be best if you have 2 cars. Im curently in a huge problem which my Old Celica which is my only car curently not running for over 6 months now because need to replace the piston rings. now im planning to get a daily car. Maybe a Forte or viva depends on budget. But i will still keep my Celica as i already have the feeling for car already.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom