why my standard evo GTA can boots until 1.2 bar??

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
hi...everyone,i found that my standard stock evo GTA turbo is 1.2 bar when i boots it. My car is consider very standard whereas there is only sligh modifications on the exhaust system(kakimoto) and blow off valve. Standard GTA usually only 0.7 bar,why mine is 1.2 bar? that's strange..

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
hi...everyone,i found that my standard stock evo GTA turbo is 1.2 bar when i boots it. My car is consider very standard whereas there is only sligh modifications on the exhaust system(kakimoto) and blow off valve. Standard GTA usually only 0.7 bar,why mine is 1.2 bar? that's strange..
Bro Raining, a suggestion here in order that bro's here are able to help narrow down the problem...

U may like to mention what ECU if any u are running on, any boost controller fitted, any other further modifications u may have (to your knowledge as knowing that u have bought it without knowing much about the history of the vehicle in terms of mods) ...

Cheers!

sub7

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Sound like your actuator is not doing the right thingy. Can be service from any turbo servicing company (Turbo one, tong turbo, etc).

mynnDAWG

2,000 RPM
Jul 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.worlddj.com
faced the same problem before and its due to my actuator faulty/leak..

one way to solve is by replacing the actuator with new ones (compatible with e7 to e8mr's but not e9 as e9's actuator is longer in size)..

another way is by switching to the use of wastegate..opt for this option ionly if u have big plans for engine upgrades..if not..suggest u go for replacing wth new actuator...

unstable boost can be caused by loosen of one of the vacuum hoses!

cHeMiCaL_

Known Member
Feb 11, 2005
i think gta 1.2bar no problem..

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
actually i don't really know what is the ecu of my GTA since i have never really talked to the owner since the car i brought from a local used car dealer. The owner wasn't interested to communicate with the buyer,coz he feels that car is too 'kacang putih' to get his attention,or maybe he was too busy with his work. So,the info that i got from him was,his car is accident free,new tyres,the car was broken into n some accessories were stolen,new driver's side window was replaced,and obviously there was no change of LSD oil n gear oil...(Macam dakwat man)
This is also the first time i own a turbo-charged car,before that i only have NA cars. By the way,turbo charged cars seems a bit complicated,it's not just a car,it's kind of combination of a little bit of science n machenical mean machine..every turbo car's owner seems like an engineer for their own car.

KryPToN

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2005
Selangor
i thought it was 1.0 to 1.1 bar too. but for GTA not sure... probably aja is right. if really 1.1 then raining says his GTA dapat 1.2... i think no issues.

from my own experience, boost controller, boost meter and dyno boost meter during a dyno run all show slightly different readings. +-0.1 bar. dunno which is the most accurate... janji fueling is enough... and not overboosting... i suppose ok kot.

LanEvo

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
if GTA same as airtrek? My friend airtrek stock boost 1.1-1.2bar le.

0.7-0.8bar i think it's base boost. Stock boost should be 1.1-1.2bar i think, but i might be wrong..

bit3nok

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
forum.lowyat.net
my gt-a boost at 1.3...!!!
i wanna change my timing belt... heard that gotta re-tune back the ECU..
sigh... how much normally it cost to change the timing belt, tune back and all??

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
my gt-a boost at 1.3...!!!
i wanna change my timing belt... heard that gotta re-tune back the ECU..
sigh... how much normally it cost to change the timing belt, tune back and all??
If u still running on stock ecu, then no need to retune your ECU after changing the timing belt. In fact, I don't think u need to retune the ECU even u running on aftermarket ECUs.

Cost of changing timing belt for E7 not that expensive, i guess...as long as u think it's cheap, then it's ok. Get the reputable or most knowledgeable mechanic to do your car is the most important.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear bro, Can someone tell me how to modify this engine. it is tough because it is just SOCH Vtec instead of DOHC Vtec. moreover now i'm using singapore plate. what i can think of is to try on Port ad polish,UNIChip or E-manage piggy back,speed meter to check if there is speed cut or not. the rest, i do not know what to do anymore. i just feel that my current engine is so weird because on my 1st gear (auto), it can ram to oly 5500 only then change to second gear and can ram to only 6100++...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience