Why is my car engine keeps stopping after driving for few minutes?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

crusader2

Aug 31, 2006
Hi, need advice from sifu-sifu here.
I'm driving a Proton Saga with 1.5 Magma engine. It's a 14 year-old car but very well maintained. The engine power is very good and never give problem.

However within these 2 or 3 days, I find that after I start to drive the car for a few minutes, the engine will just stop whenever i release the throttle. I start the engine again and it still goes to stop after i release the throttle.

Ok. I have done some studies on this problem and found that:
1. It's not cause by the timing bcos no matter how high I set, it's still the same.
2. It's not bcos of the spark plugs. I've changed new ones and it's still the same.
3. It's not bcos of the alternator bcos my battery is still strong. If the alternator is spoiled, the battery wont be charged.

Now, I suspect a few factor for this problem:
1. Is it bcos of the distributor that fail to fire the spark plugs after the engine warms up?
2. Is it bcos of the carburetor is clogged and needs cleaning?

Or any other thing is wrong in my car? FYI, I decarbonized my car with Professor. The engine become smoother and pleasant to drive. After a week, only this problem arise. I doubt it's due to decarbonizing bcos that should make my engine better. Also, my car temperature is perfectly normal, only the air-cond is not as cold as b4 the problem started.

crusader2

Aug 31, 2006
Found out the distributor is spoiled. Cost me RM280 to chage it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

MotorSport Academy from Australia is running a dyno tuning trainingcourse in Kuala Lumpur in early July. Members of Zerotohundred.com that have an interest in tuning and modifying cars are invited to register in the course.

The course will appeal to novice to highly experienced tuners and has received a lot of publicity and great reviews from those in Australia that have attended the course. Check motorsport academy training for more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience