Which year EG is the best?

ahbong81

Hi to all Honda sifus, i'm interested in Eg because it's rather quite cheap and reliable. My budget is roughly Rm30k... just going to get my first job.
Please advise me on which year honda EG is the best?
Besides, which EG has sunroof beside EG9 and EG6?
What's the different for all EGs?
What are the things to inspect or watch out before consider buying an Eg?
and lastly, what is Eg's FC.. for manual and auto? Please let me know. thanks.

the best year? up to your budget.

I bought the year 92, with front end damage because I know it's fixable, and I actually only wanted the chassis. If you want to buy and use, get a newer year, but always check for the engine stuff like aircond and everything (these are the things most likely to spoil, and if you're not planning a conversion, better get a almost-mint condition D series engine). EG has really good water-removal holes/features and quite okay insulation, and it's not uncommon to find non-rusting 14 year old EG/EH like mine (provided the owner didn't remove the fender/rubber liners. However, it's always a smart thing to check for rust.

Sunroofs are moddable, but you have to consider the fact that this things are sealed with rubber, and see sun a lot. Sometimes may leak if you got it on a second hand model. If you feel you can find a way to fix it or afford the rubber seals, go ahead. And the cost of those rubber liners (if you change them all, will defintely exceed a thousand (unless you're using a 2 door, then the price is about RM600++ or so)

Second hand EG/EH all have hardened rubber liners at the outer windows side already (on all I saw, anyway, when I was shopping for mine) The internal rubbers that don't see much sun are mostly okay though, but for a second hand 'only' car EG/EH owner, those rubber stuff are a must have/repair.

If you're using your EG for a weekend car, then doesn't matter if those rubber seals properly seal water or not.

As for FC, kinda depends how you drive. but expect about 350-450km on a full tank. Even less if you're the type do keep the revs high throughout the trip. (4-1 extractor mah, do I have a choice?)

Last edited:
i bought my EH year 95 in super virgin condition.. n so far not so many problem except few minor problem...
n yes, what is the most important is the chasis condition...
engine can be replaced soon but chasis cannot... haha

EH? I thought you drive EK? Missus/girlfriend/concubine/second/third/fourth wife's car ka?

nowdays to find a mint condition eg is quite difficult i guess :sad_smile:

of course the best taken care of EG is thebest la...if not, of course EG6 SiR2 year 1995 is the latest model. depends wheter u r a JDM fan or not. if not, just get an local EG....

hattech, since when u ada EH? i know u ada EF....EF for kancil rite? haha....

Last edited:
this is going to be a needle in the haystack process finding.

even if its year 1995 model, 2006-1995=11 years. if you are planning to pay cash then it should be better. if u plan to take loan, then loan wont be so pretty with 11 year old car.

wear and tear, give and take with bits of mods. there should be a few in motorader or zth "for sale" section. absurd overpriced cars are aplenty.

good luck.

Still think the real eg9 is the best.. no matter what year.

Nearly bought one, but settled for a '98 ej instead, since wifey against a 4-seater family car..

uwaaa..!!

thanks everybody for your infos. Guess i rather wait for a year or two to buy EK since EG is rather old. I'm currently driving nissan sunny 130Y. The car is still in good condition though already 23 years ol. No problems from the engine and FC is Rm10 to 60km(1.5cc). Just that it's a bit noisier when go through bumpy roads due to the wear and tear from chassis and no power window and steering. EG came across my mind because it is affordable, better looks(sportier) and more suitable for a 25 year old guy like me. But i still love my sunny... one of the toughest car as some ppl claim.

agree with hattech.. if you think like that, better buy the satria neo..

Unless of course, you are really crazy about VTEC technology, and like having powerful small cc cars. Then buy a honda.

em.. true also. i do love v-tech. i like the sound very much. Guess i have to let my saving $$ to decide everything... : (

EK= currently expensive, will become cheaper later, and possibly come with the EK 99' bodyparts. (ori or not depend on your lucklah)

EG=is the cheapest as it will be.. any cheaper will mean you have to buy it in cash, much like the EF, which are still selling for about 15K+? (not really sure about the price)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom