which type of woofer suits iswara a/b?

soong2020

Known Member
hi guys, i have a problem here.... i'm driving an iswara a/b and am planning to add a sub into my car along with an amp. from what i know, a box woofer will take up almost the entire car boot, leaving no more spaces for storage. or i can go for tube woofers... but what's the difference between those 2 types of woofers??

so which type of woofers should i go for? i'm not hardcore ppl or those ahbengs who always char kei wan... just want pleasurable listening...

thanks for helping :_:

well i am using a lmst iswara,i install a 15" sub at the back of my car,well as for space,only left a small space but still enough for ur lugage,tube is good if u considered space for a factor but as if u considered sound quality as a factor,box is good choice.

soong2020 said:
hi guys, i have a problem here.... i'm driving an iswara a/b and am planning to add a sub into my car along with an amp. from what i know, a box woofer will take up almost the entire car boot, leaving no more spaces for storage. or i can go for tube woofers... but what's the difference between those 2 types of woofers??

so which type of woofers should i go for? i'm not hardcore ppl or those ahbengs who always char kei wan... just want pleasurable listening...

thanks for helping :_:

I think most of us are more into sq stuff so u don't need a monster size subwoofer to tell your neighbour that u are coming home from one miles away. A decent 12 inch Peerless subwoofer in 1 cubic feet sealed box which u can customize will be more than enough. Just get a decent 2 channel amp like Phd 2200 to power the subwoofer is more than enough.:regular_smile: This way u will not make mistake of getting the ice that u don't like. :regular_smile:

ohh icic... cos i'm planning to get 1 piece of woofer with single enclosure for my set. so means i should opt for the box instead of the tube is it? will it like block the spare tyre compartment in case if there's any emergency need change tyre or sumthin...

thanks...

soong2020 said:
ohh icic... cos i'm planning to get 1 piece of woofer with single enclosure for my set. so means i should opt for the box instead of the tube is it? will it like block the spare tyre compartment in case if there's any emergency need change tyre or sumthin...

thanks...

I have a 12" sub in a 1.35 cu. ft box and have no problem with the spare tyre and other luggage.

any one who can help me also

which type of woofer suits satria or satria neo...??

thinking want change my old car to get neo
hikhikhik

havent look at satria neo compartment yet,but tohsan that 15" jbl that i told u,i bought it with monoblock lightning audio for just rm 600 at that time and i am still using it,it is not that i am telling my neighbour that i am coming home.dont get me wrong but as for me,sometime we like into SQ and sometime we are into SPL. :)

takumi_86 said:
havent look at satria neo compartment yet,but tohsan that 15" jbl that i told u,i bought it with monoblock lightning audio for just rm 600 at that time and i am still using it,it is not that i am telling my neighbour that i am coming home.dont get me wrong but as for me,sometime we like into SQ and sometime we are into SPL. :)

in that case, its just for fun with a 15 inch sub,nothing like serious spl kaki,for that even a 12 inch subwoofer is good enough after all boot space clearance is an issue for most of us. Thats why customize subwoofer is still the most viable alternative rather than ready make type and moderate size of subwoofer is good enough for going low and nice sub-bass.:regular_smile:

yeah i'll be getting a 12" boss audio sub this friday from zth marketplace! =D... now gona be on the hunt for a 4ch amp ... haih ICE does burn a hole in my wallet!!! :cry_smile:

btw, after installing an amp and a sub, will it affect my idle speed of my car?? cos accoding to my friend, he said it will consume alot of power and the rev will be lower... which makes my car jerk is it?? if that's the case, what should i do about it?? add a voltage stabilizer? will it kill off my battery even faster?

Last edited:
when ppl say tube take up less space than box i always disagree. if we use a 12" sub, the tube will take up more than 12" space. if we want a 1 cu ft enclosure u will roughly have a 13" or 14" diameter for the circel and the length would be around 16"-17". on the other hand for a box, for the same 1 cu ft volume, u can make a box like 14" tall, 17" wide and just 7" deep, so depends how deep is your sub (magnet size) can always custom make something (wider or taller or longer) that will suit your boot space needs. for tube subs u can only vary the length, the height and width always remains the same, unless u change to a smaller sub la, but then the box for a smaller size sub would also be smaller, get it? hahaha....

soong2020 said:
yeah i'll be getting a 12" boss audio sub this friday from zth marketplace! =D... now gona be on the hunt for a 4ch amp ... haih ICE does burn a hole in my wallet!!! :cry_smile:

btw, after installing an amp and a sub, will it affect my idle speed of my car?? cos accoding to my friend, he said it will consume alot of power and the rev will be lower... which makes my car jerk is it?? if that's the case, what should i do about it?? add a voltage stabilizer? will it kill off my battery even faster?

Your frend did know anything laaa... just crap mouth only... maybe his amp connect to Engine head or Fuel injection kott... that why his car jerking... haaa haa

i enquired for woofer for satria in the shop. recommended bazooka. Said its powerful and good enough for SQ. Anybody using that? By the look of it, saves space compare to the box....

S1997 said:
i enquired for woofer for satria in the shop. recommended bazooka. Said its powerful and good enough for SQ. Anybody using that? By the look of it, saves space compare to the box....

That 1 cap ayam la bro... just good for them to con your money.. tube not recommended due to our road very lousy laa... lobang here.. lobang there... your tube sub will jump here jump there laaa... even you tight to your rear seat also the sub will moving.. Hope u can find others brand & use 10' DVC 2 + 2Ohm... or 12' which can use with small enclosure............ like Boston, SoundStream EXACT (very hard to find right know), Eclipse, Pegasus... I think below RM900

hi, maybe can find soundstream Xcs.6
or Eclipese 4002, this both are good sub 50:50 Sq and Spl, eclipese is 60:40 Sq, spl

hi1983 said:
hi, maybe can find soundstream Xcs.6
or Eclipese 4002, this both are good sub 50:50 Sq and Spl, eclipese is 60:40 Sq, spl

pardon me how do u quantify those breakdown for sq n spl based on what?:shades_smile:

Top Bottom