Where to Find Speaker Board (readymade)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Dump Racer

Known Member
Mar 23, 2004
PETALING JAYA
Greeting to all ZTh members,

:lol: GONG XI FA CHAI !!! ANG PAU NA LAI...

want to know where can I get a READY MADE speaker Board for putra car...

how much issit Cost and where can I buy it? any one knows?? pls HElp Help...

:D :D

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
you should get a custom made box. Because all speakers have different characteristics.
If you buy those ready made you would be wasting your money because those box are not build with the correct specifications. A custom made will cost you Rm100 - 150.

But if you want to go like me just DIY it.

marantz599

Known Member
Nov 16, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by appleyard@Feb 9 2005, 09:49
you should get a custom made box. Because all speakers have different characteristics.
If you buy those ready made you would be wasting your money because those box are not build with the correct specifications. A custom made will cost you Rm100 - 150.

appleyard,
dump racer is lookig for speaker board not box
wondering how r u DIYing the speaker board
possible to post up details so show us

anyway dump racer, u can get those board from accesories shop
cost u bout 50 bucks

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Originally posted by appleyard@Feb 9 2005, 09:49

yes yes..appleyard...y dont u post some pic so when i got my kicker compVR edi then mayb i can do it diy also...

but prob is...how u calculate the enclosure cubic capacity n tuned 2 enclosure?

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
are you referring "ready made speaker board" to be the already cut MDF board according to car models (if any, never seen one) or the standard 4'x8' board?

4'x8' MDF board cost will depend where you are. It can vary between RM80 ~ RM120.
Get them from hardware shop or if you are good with the car audio shop boss, he will sell it to you for min. profit.
Otherwise they will charge you like RM30~50 for like 2'x3' size.

Kicker CompVR 12" = CVR12

To calculate the enclosure size, first use sub box simulator programs eg. WinISD. Look at what response that you want and it will give you the box vol.

Generally Kicker CompVR 12" in 2 cu.ft sealed box should be okay (though will not give as much bottom end as other good SQ subs)

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by Yong_5290+Feb 10 2005, 22:48 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yong_5290 @ Feb 10 2005, 22:48 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-appleyard@Feb 9 2005, 09:49

yes yes..appleyard...y dont u post some pic so when i got my kicker compVR edi then mayb i can do it diy also...

but prob is...how u calculate the enclosure cubic capacity n tuned 2 enclosure? [/b][/quote]
ok i will post some pics later when everything is finished. :)