Where to bolt on turbo for A32?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rsrs62

Known Member
Dec 7, 2006
Hi guys,
Can anyone suggest where I can do a bolt on turbo for my A32 3.0L:hmmmm: . As there is no half cut version of VQ30DET, so the next option for me is to find a BOT. Or do any of you have a better suggestion?
The current power is not bad, but I miss turbo power and I love this car.
Thanks guys.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
no bolt on turbo for fatty. unless you want to do major retofit. easiest its supercharge

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
This is what it should look like...

This is what the piping would look like...

This is what the piping would look like once fabricated...

Another version...

Piping installed from under the car...

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Never, unfortunately. I don't consider it fruitful to put a turbo on a heavy front wheel drive car. All that would do would be to burn a lot of rubber without putting any true power to the tarmac...

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Ya, it seems this is the case.
I read some where for FF cars, power can only goes up to a limit, after tat, wasted!

rsrs62

Known Member
Dec 7, 2006
Wah Deffy, where did you get all those pics of the pipings. Has it been done on someone's car? So, you're saying it's not really advisable to do this project as the front is too heavy and the power will be wasted. Aisay, what a waste.
So, what else can I do? How about changing the ECU? Any good improvement there? Piggyback or standalone? What sort of difference in improvement?
Thanks guys!

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Depending what you want loh.
If you have change your engine before and using old ECU, then better check the if the engine is running well. Well as in AFR is good.

Then from there, can do piggy back to fine tune. Deffy once said, Feilo A32 and A33 don't have the right setup for good handling.
Heavy nose, rear torsion bar, big chassis...combination of a not agile or nimble.

So let's make feilo look VIP rather than sporty! hhhhh:biggrin:
I'm being poison kau kau lately....:adore:VVIP

Wah Deffy, where did you get all those pics of the pipings. Has it been done on someone's car? So, you're saying it's not really advisable to do this project as the front is too heavy and the power will be wasted. Aisay, what a waste.
So, what else can I do? How about changing the ECU? Any good improvement there? Piggyback or standalone? What sort of difference in improvement?
Thanks guys!

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
I simply improve the suspension, cleaned up the engine, do the usual mods such as air filter, y-pipe, center and rear muffler, and finally install an SAFC...

Fuel consumption the same, but pickup much improved, top speed improved slightly but this is governed by the gearing. Still, nice to reach top speed much faster than before... :smile:

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Bro, actually what kind of budget you have now?
I can intro you to my friend and let them babysit your Feilo.
RS Impressive Motorworks
Their work is not bad. Maybe want to pay a visit and get some advice?

Hi guys,
Can anyone suggest where I can do a bolt on turbo for my A32 3.0L:hmmmm: . As there is no half cut version of VQ30DET, so the next option for me is to find a BOT. Or do any of you have a better suggestion?
The current power is not bad, but I miss turbo power and I love this car.
Thanks guys.

rsrs62

Known Member
Dec 7, 2006
Hi Dream, coincidentally I was just thinking of RS Impressive. Read about them in the mags but have not visited them. Also, I think their charges will be quite high since they are doing so many conti cars. My budget is around RM5-7k. Do you think this is enough? Dream, do you know them personally? Appreciate if you could recommend someone I can talk to. Are they the kind that simply charge people base on the cars they drive? Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone here.

Deffy, how much improvement did you get from the SAFC? Roughly. Is it about 10-15% improvement and how much is it? In your opinion, do you think it's worth the money installing the SAFC?

Thanks for all your input. Cheers!!!!!!

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
RS impressive?? try the Unichip... my friend had installed it in his wira turbo, cost around 2k++ include dyno yune.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Hi Dream, coincidentally I was just thinking of RS Impressive. Read about them in the mags but have not visited them. Also, I think their charges will be quite high since they are doing so many conti cars. My budget is around RM5-7k. Do you think this is enough? Dream, do you know them personally? Appreciate if you could recommend someone I can talk to. Are they the kind that simply charge people base on the cars they drive? Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone here.

Deffy, how much improvement did you get from the SAFC? Roughly. Is it about 10-15% improvement and how much is it? In your opinion, do you think it's worth the money installing the SAFC?

Frankly speaking, they show a lot of conti there! Half of those cars are the bosses cars la.
I know them personally and i spend sometime there to update myself too.
I suggest we meet there one day and we discuss what can be done.
Normally they discuss with owner and then decide what to do.

I see all sorts of cars there, from a 20 years Toyota Corolla to 15years old accord. No worries!

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com

Meantime, check out some of the cars they tuned before:
http://www.geocities.com/robyndigital/charts.htm

Check out the bolt on kit for 206!!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi...

anyone here modify like this? :D must be nice...
the exhaust so short
like having no exhaust at all..
just like F1 car got very short exhaust...
must be powerfull...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience