WHERE IS THE BEST WORKSHOP TO TUNE SAFC

Power OfDream

Known Member
Apr 2, 2004
anyone that can assist me? which workshop would u guys recommend for SAFC installation?
speedworks?

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
a lotta places can do installation. Usually charges around 60-80 bucks.

N1 does dyno tuning for RM150.

Power OfDream

Known Member
Apr 2, 2004
okie..but i heard that they r not so reliable? izzit true..ehehehe...how bout speedworks or kakimotor? any comments on their service? good or sucky?

syed83

Jan 6, 2005
n1 is not so good in tuning... i suggest u better find other workshop for tuning.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Don't believe everything you hear. Its always best to experience it yourself. I do all my tuning in N1... and i have no complaints at all. I won't comment on anything further though... everytime I try to defend N1 too much I myself kena flame for no reason.

Speedworks also okay i guess... not sure how much is their dyno tuning. These are the only 2 places in KL/Selangor that has a dyno now since DMT went bankrupt. I'd take N1 over speedworks though, i think N1 has a more qualified tuner.

777hp

Known Member
Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
ah kee @ links power .
most exprience tuner in sunway ,

N1 dyno are okay , but i heard that dyno jet will not hold power when tuning , Because it runs on 2' roller and base on the weight on the roller to make power output from the wheels ,

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
If I had abit of money, I'd buy a wideband O2 and tune myself :P Several places in Sunway u can do SAFC tuning, do ur survey before deciding ok :)

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by 777hp@Jan 20 2005, 05:32
ah kee @ links power .
most exprience tuner in sunway ,

N1 dyno are okay , but i heard that dyno jet will not hold power when tuning , Because it runs on 2' roller and base on the weight on the roller to make power output from the wheels ,
power figures aren't important.... its the air fuel ratio thats important for tuning.

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Rarely heard power figures not important :) Best air-fuel ratio will result in best power figure. Not all engines make peak power at the same air-fuel ratio, generally is 12-13, but it varies from engine to engine, that's why a dyno is a useful tool to find those figures.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Both also required.

I think whether tuned based more upon AFR or Power factor depends on the cars application. (whether its daily driven or full race).

Its like balancing between having full employment and maintaining inflation, its a very thin fine line.

777hp

Known Member
Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
power figure is not important .
but with the rollers that dont have load to hold power ,
is like tuning on free run ,

no load how will be the a/f out in correct figure ?

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
If u jack up the front (or rear) tyres and then do the tuning, without any load, the engine would spin so quickly that even the best wideband O2 sensor won't be able to read the changes in air-fuel ratio. That's why u need to load the tyres (whether driving the car during tuning or put the car on the dyno). With dyno rollers that don't have brakes to hold power (eg Dynojet), tuning for part-throttle would be abit harder.

Good air-fuel ratio -> best power. A dyno makes both job easier to do. Without dyno, u can still get a close-to-optimum air-fuel ratio via wideband O2, just makes sure the air-fuel ratios are within general figures (12.5-13 for N/A, 11-12 for turbo).

To tune the car for both sides of the world (power & daily driving) is not really that hard. Just tune for power for WOT map, and then tune for fuel economy for part-throttle map.

Plz correct me if I'm wrong, me just quoting other people :lol:

777hp

Known Member
Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
well mostly that have drag load on the dyno dont use brakes ,
they have cell charger to induct the power from the rotating rotors in the dyno , this is what i heard from dyno dynamics guys ,

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any sifus here willing to help?

Engine is a Mira L200S. Bought a new battery and crank it up. Response on the engine is slow and not revving fast enough. Multimeter reading is around 11-12+ volts.

Revved the engine and the reading stays at 11-12+ volts also. But when I disconnect the battery or the socket at the alternator, either one, the engine revs normally. What I can see here is there is only output for the battery and no input. When I connect the socket/battery back again, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience