wat is the best forged piston & con rod for 4g63?

mospeda353

500 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
im asking ur opinion guys..
there are so many brand outside..duratech,supertech,eagle,wiseco, JE, BC, manley...... which brand are the best for 4g63 engine?

as i know, the most popular brand nowdays is wiseco but some said they got factory at taiwan..so..my fren not recommended to use it coz maybe or maybe not the quality drop.. (correct me if im wrong)

manley: i heard diz brand are the best..but its not popular compare to other brands.. y? izit coz of the price? or wat i heard is fake.. :hmmmm:

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
I'm using wiseco + scat.... getting 8++whp at dyno dynamic more than three year ago.... the engine still alive n kicking till today with 40psi of boost. During that day i order the piston n conrod directly from US.

It not the part only important, the engine builder n machine shop will contribute to your engine longevity.

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yr pomen play most important part no matter how good is the brand if workmanship suck!!! Then = 0

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
before going for forged pistons i strongly suggest researching piston to wall slap...this happens with forged pistons as they require a bigger piston to wall clearance as compared to normal cast iron pistons.

even then, theres 2 grades of materials used in forged pistons...also in regards to the amount of the silicone content

1/ the stronger grade (requires more piston to wall clearacnce) e.g wiseco
2/ the less stronger grade (tighter piston to wall clearance) e.g CP, supertech

both still significantly stronger than stock cast iron pistons.

so up to u to decide...

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
jo1, not only engine builder n machine shop... the tuner oso... that why the engine still healthy.. huhuhu

huumm.. about piston slap, just dun rev it while the engine still not in operating temperature..

we not only care about piston toughness, we also care about it weight... less piston side load to wall ... less sensitive to balancing ... more safe to rev ...

if you ask me the best piston & rod.... just check below ..

16:1cr, 13000rpms, 2000hp titanium pistons. Titanium pins, silver plasma low friction rings. 233grm piston.

Titanium rods, 286grm

550hp > 36m/sec, 14500rpms , berilium versions. 13:1

600hp per rod billet aluminum

all this i just copy&paste form extreme tuners.... alot more extreme stuff they exposed on the net... but $$ ... huhuhu

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
my gawd.. the titanium rod looks like a beer bottle opener. >.<

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Piston slap is thing of the past.... now day you can get a good machine shop and engine builder locally.

Now also you can see everybody can tune just a matter of knowing the limit for the particular spec.... in other word really know what they are doing....

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think before you need to know what is best pistons maybe you should ask yourself what do you expect. Target 1000bhp?

mospeda353

500 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
agree wit u guys.. engine builder, machine shop n tuner playing a roll in engine life.. means dat, i can use cheapest forged piston & conrod than find good pomen..like dat meh?

mines998: target 500-600hp.. street n use twice weekly..

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
May I know what engine you using? if 2 liter above all mentioned brand can met yr expectation. If you using 2J you don't even need to change yr piston and con rod cos it came with semi forged piston.

mospeda353

500 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
May I know what engine you using? if 2 liter above all mentioned brand can met yr expectation. If you using 2J you don't even need to change yr piston and con rod cos it came with semi forged piston.
my engine e3

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If E3 then piston and con rod sure need to be change to me the stock really cannot make it. But I think con rod you can use VR4 if you want to save some money. I also running on 500bhp on 6A12 and using custom JE pistons.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i think if u wanna buy the best pistons n rods out there, they surely cost 3x or more than the "normal" brands like wiseco, cp, eagle, manley etc... n usually the best are for extreme engines outputting insane amount of horsepower (1000hp above using god-knows-what fuel etc). if ur power goal is "only" (i say only cos its within the limits of "normal" forged brands) 500-600hp then u dont have to waste money to buy the best. just buy the "normal" brands n make sure u have the engine built properly n tuned properly... "normal" brands are quite reasonable in terms of pricing n engine builders in malaysia are quite familiar with tolerances of these products...

in terms of brands selection, do ask ur engine builder cos each brand have their own clearances n tolerances.

p/s be prepared for the cost of rebuilding, it totally swept me off my feet! normal rebuild cost less than 1k (machine works + workmanship), sending it to a professional engine builder cost wayyyyy more than that. that's the price we have to pay to get peace of mind in terms of engine building... next up is tuning...

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ya the cost surely higher than mormal rebuilt because they need to bear the risk if engine blown.

But 500bhp does not come with just change the piston and conrod itself.

Head stud
Bearing
Gasket
Cam shaft
Turbo
Wastegate
Injector
Fuel pump
Intake manifold
Turbo manifold
Intercooler & piping
Clutch
ECU
& etc etc all need to be inplace.

But good thing those items can source easily.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Those that stays in Kajang, Sg. Chua,
especially the area near
Taman Berjaya Baru
Taman Sepakat Indah (apartment area)
Taman Sepakat Indah II (apartment area also)
Resident areas around Bintang supermarket.

pls lock ur car properly, upgrade acar alarm and park wisely!!
especially those that park outside the apartments along the road.
If can, form a volunteer-ronda-ronda team to take turns to
do patrolling.

I'd attended a meeting with one of the Joint Mgt Committee of one of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience