What's The Difference Between RON95 and RON97

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
In my case ONLY with the current or old VPower the engine knocks (or pings?). Other brand 97's are ok apart from Shell. Could it be the additives?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
AFAIK, additives in petrol (at least in Malaysia la) only have detergent (engine cleaning) & friction modifier (reduce friction)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
they do have different add pack sir, imo shell's fuel is more volatile then others. maybe dats y my engine pings at aggressive tune everytime i fill shell up.. i always believe acetone isone of their add pack

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i second that...i get knocks real bad when i use shell...even their ron97 but esso/mobil ron95 no knocks at all...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
me an avid user of ESSO/MOBIL oso... and not just about the SMILE card.... my lil turbo kancil kinda like ESSO/Mobil better... SHELL i'd use the motor oil only

p/s: can't remember the link, but there's a guy done a calculation by filling @ ESSO/MOBIL & swiping the SMILE card.... you can get more saving...... especially when you fill up at unpopular ESSO/MOBIL station, they tends to have 2x points as a promotion

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
papagoines...seriously? i never really did check how many points i getting for each RM pumped...have to go find those ulu ulu pumps n find out.

michaelcpz

From Facebook
Nov 24, 2010
www.facebook.com
Well, I think Shell fuel pings a lot due to their additives that causes the lack of complete combustion. When I use its RON95 on my stock 4g13, it do feel more fuel saving but I could hardly rev my engine to 4k rpm, try also might can, but the engine will roar very loud but still don't feel the acceleration and power kicking in. V-Power 97 had complaints nationwide, its not surprising we are getting the same quality of fuel instead of the massive advertisement on how good it was by Shell itself. The only perfect fuel I ever used is the V Power Racing, other brands of RON97 are so good too but not the Shell Fuelsave 97. It really feels that that crap RON95.

Btw, in urban areas, there are cases where the fuel stations are using illegal fuel, happens to me where I always saw fuel lorries without any manufacturer's logo at the place I studied once. Usually at midnight only saw such lorries. Also, certain Shell stations are giving away double to four times the Bonuslink points than the amount you pumped as an initiative for you to use their fuel... It always happen to my friend, RM50 for a RM200 worth of points.. XD

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
on my oskool ke70-4k engine-totally stok engine+ejos bocor..heheh...can go 170kmh wif petronas ron95
wif shell ron95 only 150kmh..or sumting like dat la
never try ron97...daily ride, no need expensive fuel just 2 burn

peterfrancis

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
1) Not all petrols are equal, each monufacturer may use different grades and sources of fuel.
2) Contamination whether unintended or malicious (by stations watering down their fuel) is common in MY and causes a lot of cases of bad fuel quality.
3) If you really want to know what fuels are best and highest grade etc, make friends with the sales people for the fuels business from any major petrochemical company - they will tell you if you're good enough friends with them :-P

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
the difference is RON2...

RON97-RON95=RON2

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
What about V-Power Racing? Does it really helps for a turbocharged car? I remember i read somewhere which this guy pumps V-Power Racing, his car feels more heavy than other types of fuel.. And can we mix V-Power Racing with Ron95/Ron97?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been struggling with water stains on my windscreen & adding on driving in low light & kaboom rain -

you know by leaving yr white cars not wash for a week plus u will get stripes - like zebra - because of our acid rains, industrial fall out & esp working & staying near factory with emission fumes - I am one of the victim

this was what i have been struggling with for a long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience