What Would You Rather Buy? The BMW M3 Sedan or the Lexus IS-F?

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Lexus has set its eyes firmly on the M3 and it is considered as the benchmark when they finally release the IS-F, their official competitor for the high-performance sedan segment.

When comparing the technical specs of both cars, it becomes apparent that Lexus did a tremendous job at hitting its target. Powered by a 5.0L direct-injection V8 engine that produces 416hp with a peak torque of 371 lb-ft, the Lexus rockets to 100km/h in 4.9 seconds with a top speed of 200mph. The car the Lexus aspires to beat, the 2008 BMW M3 Sedan is powered by a smaller 4.0L V8 engine that produces a 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. The M3 completes the century sprint in exactly the same time as the Lexus; 4.9 seconds, albeit with a smaller engine.

The power difference is at par, it’s all down to the drive and handling, a segment the Beemer is well acquainted with and the Lexus only just being introduced, considering it’s the first time it is competing in the high-performance sedan category, and both the Beemer and the Lexus look like they mean business.

So what would it be then? The BMW or Lexus?

I think it's kind of obvious. Let's see what you have to say...

BMW M3 Sedan

Lexus IS-F

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
I think people will still go for BMW, even if Lexus or Audi do a better job.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
buy both,bmw for mistress & lexus for wife

GABrally

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
BMW M3 sedan, ugly! just like typical M3 wannabe! Lexus, if minus the dolphin (the fish, not the honda!) head bonnet, very cun!

Ernest

Dec 6, 2006
i think i will choose lexus but if u let me choose M3 coupe and IS-F maybe i will choose M3 coupe...i don't like the tail light of 3-series sedan

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Let's be honest, the M3 saloon is a bit of a mongrel in terms of looks. It just doesn't look the part of a sports saloon. It looks soft compared to its rivals.

The IS-F on the other hand looks like its had too much steroids. Seriously aggressive looking.

In terms of overall dynamic ability, I think the M3 would be better. Because of that, I'd take the M3 saloon.

Screw that, I'd take the M3 coupe.

Actually screw that as well, I'd take the C63 AMG. :biggrin:

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
200mph,,,,,,so i guess ill take the lexus......and the lex wont break like the beamer....cause the guys at bmw always like to push things to the limit....just look at the m3 e46beemer......cant last as long as the amg benz...

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
I'd go with neither.

Me and silverfish will be heading to the MB dealer later to test the C63 AMG. In my RS4 Avant. With rajie following behind in his black RS4.

Flashing his xenons, begging us not to.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys sorry kept posing similar thread bout intake manifold but is there any1 here who know wat's the diff between mivec intake manifold and GSR intake manifold.currently running on a 4g93p engine and planned to upgrade the intake manifold as well since i oledi have mivec tb installed on my 4g93p.i read a lot of local car moding mag i found out tat some might use GSR intake manifold for their 4g93 while some rather use mivec intake manifold for their 4g93..so what i wana know is wat's the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience