Weird noise from amp.

carjunior

Oct 8, 2008
hey all, out of curiousity have u all come across 2ch amplifier producing this abnormal hissing/whistling noise when u turn on ur sound system? it goes even louder when u accelerate. :stupid:weird, huh? share with me please as i find it damn annoying..... tq:confused:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
izit the so call aeroplane sound?....sound like bzzzz....then when u accelerate the thing goes louder rite? mostly its bcoz of ur amp grounding not good o mayb its too long

carjunior

Oct 8, 2008
darn it... is it gonna do with my grounding wires? cause i've lots of them by the name of hot inazma as u can see at my avatar.

is some nameless amp DB Master 2 ch.....

gabantromen

Known Member
Oct 13, 2007
Miri, Sarawak
reroute ur rca n power cables..don mix it together..for mine, they run the power cables along the midle of the car..rca n speaker cables on either side along the door trims..or u can put power cables on the left side..n rca/speaker cables right side..

carjunior

Oct 8, 2008
gabantromen.... sorry i'm lost with rca cables that u mentioned....

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
that noise is caused by bad grounding, unfortunately it can be many things, coz all wires got ground.

can be loose rca cable (the signal cable from your player to your amp), or
bad grounding on the amp ( not the one in your engine) re-do the ground to make sure its contact with bare chasis metal, no paint.
sometimes wire route can also cause this noise, if power wire and signal wire/speaker wire are too close together
or speaker wire/speaker wire/passive crossover are near the car's ecu
certain aftermarket spark plug cable also can give this noise

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
nope...not tat engine ground cable....its the ground cable(negative) from the amp connecting to chasis....the RCA is the wire to move music signal from ur HU to your amp...then onli ur amp got the speaker cable n deliver it to speakers...

yes...the power cable if u put together with RCA too close this kind of thing happen also...

carjunior

Oct 8, 2008
thanks Zenn.......but i'm still lost with the rca cables... hehe

carjunior

Oct 8, 2008
i think i got it whats rca cables, but for this symptom will it blow my electrical system after long period of usage for i can't really drive without "boom boom pow" lolz......

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
send to a good shop (experienced) to trouble shoot for you la then....

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
There are many threads in zth that have discuss about this Aeroplane Sound .. You could search it .. From my experience , after much headpain , time , efford , scolding from father , money .. to solve this issue , better send to the shop .. but make sure dont kena tipu lar

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
my xperience on hissing sound whenever i switch on the HU...

its a loosen RCA cable...change it.. problem solved...

of course better sent to xpert ppl to hav a look...

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
my way of solving
- check cable route. RCA n power cable must not meet at any chance
- add more ground cable
- make sure enough power voltage
- check RCA cable if got leakage
- sometimes HU RCA got problem. its time to change new or cheapest way, u can connect both negative wyre for RCA (R+L). find any cable (must strip it both) then connect the both negative one. this one might harm ur whole set in future so better dont.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello every sifu. . I am going to get a recon / second hand car next year. As the title says which one do you guys prefer?
As my self like Subaru but I don't know which maintainers is cheaper and easy to find parts for modifie?
Give me some ideas please..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience