Wat's the max boost for a stock 4g93t terbalik?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
EMB= Emanage Blue
o.. then you should be no problem when off boost Becoz of small turbo good in response !! :)

Hehe..ok !! :)
It seen seldom people use sard or tial bov...:biggrin:
Taiko !! Today I just notice that my sard regulator meter show that below 20psi !!
Is it normal ?? Becoz last time i remember is above 20psi...hope can help !! :(
and..the lower cr you get...will kill vtec or vvtli function ?

Set it back to 20psi. Just worry that when boost kicks in, insufficient pressure to contribute to the high flow rate of the fuel in the rail. But during rev, u'll expect the pressure to drop a little.

Still worrying your VVTLI huh... VTEC/VVTI/MIVEC is just like installing high cams. But it switches during car moving. It has nothing to do with ur compression ratio. At normal aspirated engine, U'll need some overlapping to allow the cylinder pressure to achieve atmospheric before compression and also to cool down the cylinders where air goes in and out.

On turbo charged engine, cause the turbo manifold is pressurized... If the valves overlapped, the boost mae leak out lo...

So, the question is, say if u use adj cam pulley. Do you want to eliminate the overlapping of the low cams or the high cams. If u eliminate the low cams, then ur high cams setting lari, if u eliminate the high cams, then the low cams pulak cannot use. Which is why, ppl in the states rather kill the VTEC and set only the high cams. They have a very common rule of thumb for VTEC, jump one tooth.

I thought you have EMB ??
Hehe..now you are owner... you change the car to lenglui lol :biggrin:
Taiko..I got one wanna ask you long time ago...your cr is 8:5.1 ...
When you off boost...do your car hard to drive ?? Or wait the turbo spool...only feel more respond and power come ?:smokin:

Don;t worry. At low end, u won't feel the different so much... Very minimal. Difference is whenu accelerate. From stationary or cruising... High compression will feel the instant G. But low compression will slow a little till ur turbo kicks in. Of course depends on what RPM u are cruising at.

EMB= Emanage Blue
o.. then you should be no problem when off boost Becoz of small turbo good in response !! :)

KNS... Ur term really 9 lek...

Set it back to 20psi. Just worry that when boost kicks in, insufficient pressure to contribute to the high flow rate of the fuel in the rail. But during rev, u'll expect the pressure to drop a little.

Still worrying your VVTLI huh... VTEC/VVTI/MIVEC is just like installing high cams. But it switches during car moving. It has nothing to do with ur compression ratio. At normal aspirated engine, U'll need some overlapping to allow the cylinder pressure to achieve atmospheric before compression and also to cool down the cylinders where air goes in and out.

On turbo charged engine, cause the turbo manifold is pressurized... If the valves overlapped, the boost mae leak out lo...

So, the question is, say if u use adj cam pulley. Do you want to eliminate the overlapping of the low cams or the high cams. If u eliminate the low cams, then ur high cams setting lari, if u eliminate the high cams, then the low cams pulak cannot use. Which is why, ppl in the states rather kill the VTEC and set only the high cams. They have a very common rule of thumb for VTEC, jump one tooth.

Don;t worry. At low end, u won't feel the different so much... Very minimal. Difference is whenu accelerate. From stationary or cruising... High compression will feel the instant G. But low compression will slow a little till ur turbo kicks in. Of course depends on what RPM u are cruising at.
Ok ! Thanks Taiko !!
Your reply make me grow up again !!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Ok ~ I will go with low compression piston ~~ wait the turbo boost come ~! :)
Bro.. For Turbo charger ... If the valves overlapped, the boost mae leak out ...

N/A engine need more overlap right ?
F/I engine less overlap more advantage... Hmm...How only can make turbocharger DONT overlapped ???
Hope can help ! THanks !!:wavey:

Now the sard regulator meter show 0 psi.. I rev then only show up to 20psi on the regulator meter...
I think is norma ~~

Ok ! Thanks Taiko !!
Your reply make me grow up again !!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Ok ~ I will go with low compression piston ~~ wait the turbo boost come ~! :)
Bro.. For Turbo charger ... If the valves overlapped, the boost mae leak out ...

N/A engine need more overlap right ?
F/I engine less overlap more advantage... Hmm...How only can make turbocharger DONT overlapped ???
Hope can help ! THanks !!:wavey:

Now the sard regulator meter show 0 psi.. I rev then only show up to 20psi on the regulator meter...
I think is norma ~~

There is 2 way. Shut down the VVTLI completely, then adjust the cams to overcome the overlapping problem. Or, send ur cams for regrind. But, once u regrind, there's no way back.

Putra and GTI CR 10:1 taiko...
high comp.

But I think the cams are different by a few degree.

yup 4g93p gti and putra compressor ratio 10.1,just put 1.5 metal gasket can boost one bar with td05 and 240 injector,but need mt4 or stand alone ecu lar,but the cam is got big different with 4g93t,the gsr stock cam degree damn low

Last edited:
240cc fuel injectors can tahan 1 bar ??
Taiko .. If 10.1cr put 1.5metal gasket = means wht cr now ?

240cc not enough to support 1bar boost la, y don't u get vr4/evo injector..450/510cc can support ur 1bar la..i dunno how to kira CR wan wor, better ask speed2horizon taiko..

I'm using 450cc with sard regulator + fuel return line... hope can support 1 bar with GT28 :biggrin: Taiko ~ My petrol meter got problem ler ~! :(
almost half year already... Sometimes i see the petrol drop few bar..then up few bar again...
Any shop recommend ?? I think the float rosak liao....><"

I'm using 450cc with sard regulator + fuel return line... hope can support 1 bar with GT28 :biggrin: Taiko ~ My petrol meter got problem ler ~! :(
almost half year already... Sometimes i see the petrol drop few bar..then up few bar again...
Any shop recommend ?? I think the float rosak liao....><"

Muahaha... Go to WingHing lo... Keke... 450cc injectors good enough. 450cc is from vr4?? If it is, the u have to make sure u add on a resistor pack into ur injection module wiring. Else U can fry eggs with ur ecu. I'm not sure if celica is using high/low impedence injectors, if stock celica using low impedence, the u can go ahead and use 450cc without modification.

Wh, U sent ur turbo for upgrading edy? How much tong kor charges u?

Muahaha... Go to WingHing lo... Keke... 450cc injectors good enough. 450cc is from vr4?? If it is, the u have to make sure u add on a resistor pack into ur injection module wiring. Else U can fry eggs with ur ecu. I'm not sure if celica is using high/low impedence injectors, if stock celica using low impedence, the u can go ahead and use 450cc without modification.

Wh, U sent ur turbo for upgrading edy? How much tong kor charges u?

My car is high imp..
Haha !! WING HING know to fit the petrol meter meh ??
I'm waiting to next service then only go install turbo ~~~
HEhe..nola..the t28 turbo ..I use it first... dont want upgrade 1st...
Next time when change piston .. I will only go for GT28... and sell the T28 turbo :biggrin:

T28 smaller than GT28?..wat's the hp rating for T28?

240cc fuel injectors can tahan 1 bar ??
Taiko .. If 10.1cr put 1.5metal gasket = means wht cr now ?

i mean is must use special ecu to do this work,like microtech mt4 or piggy back or other stand alone ecu,other piggy back hard to do this job,cause mt4 can disable this air flow and rev cut,can direct control injector want open 100% also can,if afc neo or emanage hard to open 100%,sure not enuf lar,near 9.5.1

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

240cc not enough to support 1bar boost la, y don't u get vr4/evo injector..450/510cc can support ur 1bar la..i dunno how to kira CR wan wor, better ask speed2horizon taiko..

it can do but deepend in your ecu~

Hi Sifus, my 4g93t is running on stock internals except for super charged pistons and PnP head. Currently using HKS 2540 turbo boosting at 1.2bar and e-manage ultimate for ecu. I'm thinking changing to mivec head. Hw many horses can I make with this upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sifus, my 4g93t is running on stock internals except for super charged pistons and PnP head. Currently using HKS 2540 turbo boosting at 1.2bar and e-manage ultimate for ecu. I'm thinking changing to mivec head. Hw many horses can I make with this upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

There are 2 issues with MIVEC 4G93T.

1) Overlapping problem of the MIVEC camprofile both low end and high end.
-kill the turbo performance due to high build up pressure and heat at the exhaust manifold.
-boost leaks in the cylinder due to overlapping.

2) Kicks in rpm.
-To determine at which rpm u decided to involve the MIVEC high cams profile.

There are solutions of course.

1) Boost high 7 high... 1.5 bars where overlapping is no longer an issue.

2) Standalones to control more parameters and convert to MAP sensor instead.

Rough HP u'll be getting is 320WP-350WHP.

But at this power rating, drivability on road is an issue with FWD. The traction.

:frown:
There are 2 issues with MIVEC 4G93T.

1) Overlapping problem of the MIVEC camprofile both low end and high end.
-kill the turbo performance due to high build up pressure and heat at the exhaust manifold.
-boost leaks in the cylinder due to overlapping.

2) Kicks in rpm.
-To determine at which rpm u decided to involve the MIVEC high cams profile.

There are solutions of course.

1) Boost high 7 high... 1.5 bars where overlapping is no longer an issue.

2) Standalones to control more parameters and convert to MAP sensor instead.

Rough HP u'll be getting is 320WP-350WHP.

But at this power rating, drivability on road is an issue with FWD. The traction.

Wow...very tempting....but afraid my conrods cannot tahan that kind of boost. Actually im contemplating whether to change mivec head or duratech conrods first. Can only do 1 thing at a time as on budget constrain.:banghead:

go for the rods 1st, if rods broken, there goes ur whole engine ade..

:frown:

Wow...very tempting....but afraid my conrods cannot tahan that kind of boost. Actually im contemplating whether to change mivec head or duratech conrods first. Can only do 1 thing at a time as on budget constrain.:banghead:

4G93T will still be able to perform without a MIVEC head. But it cannot perform without a good rods... Hehe... think about it.

4G93T most failure take place on the rods. It's too long and too thin... And the torque is quite high. Thanks to the long stroke. So, think again.

DURATECH rods - RM1600
Installation - RM600 including machining
Racing bearings - RM700
Dynamic Engine balancing - RM500

Total - RM3400

MIVEC head - RM2100
Installation - RM250
Topset - RM270(viton topset + metal gasket)

Total - RM2620 but 300whp...? I doubt the rods can take...

bro the rods not plug and play meh?..buy the 19mm pin holes ma nonit machine liao lo?..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom