Water spots

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

oblivion

Known Member
Hi,

I am having difficulty in removing very very stubborn water spots on my windscreen. This is what i've already tried

1. white Vinegar 100% strength leave it for 5 mins.
2. Meguairs Water spot remover by hand and by rotary buffer
3. Clay with opc and meg's quik detailer.
4. scraping it with my finger nails. Doesn't come off!!
5. Meg's ultimate compound by hand.

Any advise is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20131003-00013.jpg
    IMG-20131003-00013.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 246
Osren Stain-X :top:

Just . Do . It

+1 to OSREN Stain X but please keep it away from windscreen's and side mirrors. :top:

Regular Paint Compound may work but it may cause swirls or unwanted scratches as they are not designed to work on Glass.

Of course glass is much harder than clear coats and hence a scratch on glass is very hard to remove compared to a scratch on clear coat (assuming they're both removable scratches)

Last edited:
Forma hero rain stain remover. Caution to always use on damp glass and damp cloth. Never put concentrate directly onto glass.

what will happen if put directly on windscreen / glass? because its strong so will damage the glass?

what will happen if put directly on windscreen / glass? because its strong so will damage the glass?

It can discolour the glass making it blurr or opaque white. It cannot be removed. Even with glass polishing. Seems to happen only with some glass. There was an owner which had a similar problem with with tomcat watermark remover which is also acid based. So generally use the same care with all acid based cleaners.

It can discolour the glass making it blurr or opaque white. It cannot be removed. Even with glass polishing. Seems to happen only with some glass. There was an owner which had a similar problem with with tomcat watermark remover which is also acid based. So generally use the same care with all acid based cleaners.

this is because of chemical etching on the deteriorated surface of the weathered glass. Weathered glass surface are no longer smooth. Just like granite tiles that are exposed to sun and rain for a long period of time. Take a look at Putrajaya's Makamah exterior step/staircase.

Hi guys,

i found a solution already :) i used antirain water spot remover....

everything came off and i just did it by hand

this is the result :)

just to point out, i'm not the salesperson....just a user looking for a solution

Attachments

• after IMG-20131011-00022.jpg
    after IMG-20131011-00022.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 212
Hi guys,

just to point out, i'm not the salesperson....just a user looking for a solution

Sounds like acid based remover?

that i'm not sure. however, i did not use any gloves and my hands are ok....plastic trims, rubber and wiper also ok...maybe very mild acid....

but if its acid, then vinegar should work.

Yup, as bro. ken mentioned weathered glass and that means the front screen because of the wipers used on them. The rear and side screen are okay, but to be safe apply the solution, rub onto the water spot and rinse before it dries. I have done that before. My friend who applied and it got dried on the front screen had white streaks across the windscreen. Had a really tough time using paint compound to remove it....:banghead:

Hi guys,

What brand did u use then?

yaeh my mum did use some strong glass washing stuff. in the end the windscreen rosak, as in got those white streak. like putting acid on skin. permanent scar. i always admire you guys diy polish the windscreen / glass/ remove water mark. i always failed to achieve that.

Hi guys,
I found a solution already :) i used antirain water spot remover....

You musn't tease us...Is this the AntiRain product you are talking about?

Antirain Water Mark Remover - YouTube

Even the video shows no brand! just some white powder in some plastic bag. :banghead:

But it looks like a glass polishing compound ...

White powder in some plastic bag is selling somewhere in ZTH, not sure how effective it is, dare not use cuz never heard of it.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom