Wat do u think about Drifters in Malaysia??

WAKO'S

Jun 18, 2004
Hey guyz...
just to share and talk about drifters in Malaysia..?
Im sure u guyz know a lot...
not to talk about the good 1 like Zee,Uras,Nismo..
just to share about the overall improvements of all drifters..
Are we picking up this sport Good?
and quick or slow..??

uras

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
woooh don't count me in man ... i'm not that good ...anywayz,frankly from the event held last week there was alot of improvements ... vast improvement from yourself WAKO'S,TE71 and the soarer guy ... the ceffy guys are damn good as well ... good job!! all i can say is its picking up really fast ...
my point of view,overall improvements very very good ..

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
hie...hie...hie.... :D

woooahh....i can say the drifters here in malaysia are really getting better and better...

as u can see, during the sunway drift a couple a weeks ago, u can see many drifters showing off what they have...and comparing them to the previous times, they are really going 'good'....for example, look at Djan, he's rising and rising here in the drifing scene....

the others, who just started a couple of months of drifting are suddenly getting better and better as well compare to the others i presumed...maybe they have a 'SYSTEM' in training.... ;)

well, i final words, all the best to our local drift artist.... :D

cheers'

WAKO'S

Jun 18, 2004
talking about drift track... <_<
donno is this gonna happened?
building a drift track is a headache i think..
fr wat i think...there are still not much drifters out there..
Well...would like to SEE /KNOW more of the drifters

Another question here...
is this sport are easy to pick up or fast to be improve??
wat r the drifters out there think? (How come ppl can improve in a short time)
izzit because of cars is the main problem?
or driver need a lot of skills..??

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Walaoooo TAN_TAT_WEI also join ZTH liao...
Hmmm ,drift i think no need track lorrr...but need a very very big wide flat place...like sepang car park is very good place,but the road condition is too kasar liao...hurt tyre very fast...
That shah alam car park is not too wide buy aready enuft to drift larr...i think drift hv abit improve in malaysia liao lahh......last time where got drift event 1??
This tow year only start hv larr i think...hv SSO1-3,go kart drift session,drift web site DRIFT.COM.MY
Last time when drift not popular the car park open wide wide also no ppl go in to play....now ahhh,the car park lock liao but still hv ppl curi curi go in to play..
Haha drift in MALAYSIA become popular liao.....WAKO'S u very improvement mahh,can go group A liao...haha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tan_tat_wei

500 RPM
Jul 26, 2004
s.alam
Visit site
waja2003,i mean a place for legal drifting la....
as u know shah alam roundabout i have been caught by the police once,
and sattled it by using my "m power"($).
sepang carpark?yes u r right its big enought for drifting but theres sometime
police hiding there,luckly we saw the police car before we started to drift.
i have been caught by the police many times n wasted a lot of my power thats
y we need a drifttrack,a place that we can drift like hell...

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
legal drifting arr???
Hmmm abit hard larrr...go-kart track or some big event only lorrr....
Or some after auto event lorrr,keng with the organize lorrr...but some organize give only 5 minit or only give 1 car drift less than 5 minit.....(better dont give) waste drifter time n spectator time only....
That day the sunway extrem park drift event is very very good n best...many ppl come to see also...many zth kaki go also......but when i stand at beside the track i hert a KAM MOU say (KAU CHO MOU,KAM LAN CHAR,NGO DO DAK LARRR) aiyooo he can say like that,if ask he go down donno he realy can do so chun or not.....n hert a girl ask he bf why the car turn corner like that 1,very dangerous lehhh...
haha that mean many ppl still donno what is drift....all see INITIALD imagine drift only.... <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<
malaysia drift motor sport need more sponsor or be popular...
Ehhh how say ask NTV7 edisi siasat or TV3 MAJALAH3 to record the drifter for more drift information lehhh........no all ppl login ZTH or drift.com.my to know drift information mahh........
Need see hv best FF drifter also...

TAN
u car chun lehhh......n add turbo for more slide mehh??

MALAYSIA drift BOLEH :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

uras

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
from what i see.. improvement in drifting can be very fast provided u have at least one knowledgeable person in your group to guide and correct each mistakes .... when we first started there was no one to guide any of us just learn by mistakes ourselves,thats why took a longer time to improve ... nowadays the latest batches are privileged to have some of their seniors to guide them .... just like WAKO'S and tat wei to guide his guys and the ceffy's there's an experienced person who practices in japan to guide them... also practice ...the more practice the more better ....

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
And not to forget we have seniors like Uras and Zee and the seniorest of the seniors OMS and of course our doriking 'Tyresmoke' Djan.

I've learn a lot from them since my first day. Appreciate it very much.

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Why you guys left out Adian? He is a very good drifter too, no?

Everywhere in the world drifting is picking up and it is only a matter of time the trend also catches on bigtime in Malaysia. Trouble is, who can afford to smoke so many tyres? Must ask tyre shops to sponsor used tyres for smoking!

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
Hey old. Yup a drift track will do good to the drift scene.
There are also other plans then some of us are trying to achieve.. so stay tuned :)
Work around it (drift track) too :)

Drifters in Malaysia. well there were drifters back in the 80's where the rally drivers start drifted since then. but it never really catch much attention like what it is today. Yup. some of us the first few jokers that experimented on our self and our cars.. took us a long way. but like what Uras said. now onwards it will be much faster as there is more into it already and more can learn some trick from the seniors..(we are not as old as you think lol)

Well No doubt new comers are getting very good.. People like Mrnismo is talented. The Soarer guy did damn well. and so on :) well it maybe not have such a strong following at first, but it is slowly growing. :) so let us all work towards it and challenge Thailand as they have an upper hand with that much RWD around. :)

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Realy hv build a drift track arrr??? sure bohhhh
Hmmm Zee hv talk with the shah alam go-kart track owner arr??
Drift session at there larr.... the road is more big abit mahh

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
i would think malaysian drifters are scared to go high speed drifts and bang their car....not really that hardcore...

sorry dont bang me on this , my honest opinion only...

drifting at its purest is on the streets i belief not on tracks. its an underground sport.

lil_jk

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sumwhere near your house
www.initial-d.com
that is like saying hip-hop is actually from the streets, the MC battles and freestyles off the block....not going platinum status and platinum chains, Jacob & Co. watches and scoring VMA awards and stuff....kekekekeke, just drawing comparison....

drifting is definately from underground, but right now looks like we need to promote it to become a mainstream autosport, of course there will be guys of arguing of staying original, to be underground. I think someone posted in drift.com.my before it crashed where a American magazine went and interviewed some Japanese touge drifters....read the interview and you will understand majority of them reject joining those Ikaten contest and D1 stuff because they think those events are not that challenging enough and not hardcore enuff......

Malysian drifters are scared to go high speed drifts and bang their car........well, if it is me I will do the same.....just started walking and i dun think i wanna run for the moment, gotta wait until I am able to run baru i run. Besides not many ppl is willing to wreck their car while drifting, everyone hopes to have a perfect run while drifting.....

Japanese guys when they have drift runs no matter in touge or on the streets they also won't care of wrecking their car, because their spare parts are abundant there. Go watch some Taiwanese VCDs and you will know that some of them got their own wrecking place and these spare parts many of them they picked up for free from their numorous sources.......But we Malaysians here? we need to fight with other ppl from around the world for spare parts and stuff, esp those Mat Salleh guys are snatching up goods like nobody's buisness and thus making spare parts hard to find and very expensive.....

With all these considerations, i dun think Malaysian drifters are not hardcore but due to all this facts, they need to drift with all these considerations they need to bear in mind.......

If I said sumthing wrong, pls welcome to shoot at me and prove me wrong.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there, I hope someone can help me. I am looking for a 2nd-hand Mercedes Vito L.1977 parts.
ECU 020 545 67 32, Siemens 5WK9 138.
I have been trying for the last 2 months to get it locally but to date I have been unable to get a response fron anyone.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience