Waja 1.6(M)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

IN_Transit

Oct 19, 2004
Hi

Any waja 1.6 owners here ever experience this :D ?

Start car up (whether engine's cold or hot doesn't matter), RPM shoots up to 1500 (as normal) then drops below and shakes up n down betweek 800 n 1000rpm, car vibrates and engine dies... A/C is off, ICE is off.... just normal startup

Doesn't happen everyday but it's hard to diagnose since it never happens when i take it to my mech. Anyone managed to diagnose this (heard it's common) and fixed it? Care to share your experience :D? thanks

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Yeah, i have the same problem with you, but it doesn't die off.... just vibrates like crazy.... i changed the TB and distributor recently, still same problem... maybe is the stepper motor.... haven't checked yet.

When go to mechanic, the car acts so sweetly and well.... darn.

Have to go to use the MUT to check.

btw, mine is a Wira 1.5, not Waja... so maybe different..

learnyee

Aug 3, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
check your throttle body, maybe dirty.
If you are driving auto, use you right foot on the gas pedal while left foot on the brake, rev the engine high to prevent engine dies.

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Originally posted by IN_Transit@Oct 20 2004, 10:11
Hi

Any waja 1.6 owners here ever experience this :D ?

Start car up (whether engine's cold or hot doesn't matter), RPM shoots up to 1500 (as normal) then drops below and shakes up n down betweek 800 n 1000rpm, car vibrates and engine dies... A/C is off, ICE is off.... just normal startup

Doesn't happen everyday but it's hard to diagnose since it never happens when i take it to my mech. Anyone managed to diagnose this (heard it's common) and fixed it? Care to share your experience :D? thanks
Do u ngam ngam change u battery or disconnect u battery???
If ngam ngam disconnect battery will hv the problem.....
the car will auto die engine...the gas pedal become hard...
So diconnect u battery.....reset u ecu....
Then start back....keep press at 3000rpm for 2 minit then slowly put out u leg will be ok liao.....

saltydogg

Known Member
Jul 21, 2004
-dj-
Visit site
i own that silly thing they call a waja.
yeah i experience the same thing.
my auto waja engine died when i was on a hill. then my turbo timer activated.. cannot turn on engine, damn alot of cars honk..
sigh.. damn stress

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
wah...like that really stress lor... how many seconds turbo timer?... 20secs?

Hehehee...

skyline

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
just to share my experience, im driving a waja(manual) too n something very horrible happened... i was driving at about 150+ (5th gear)aproaching a corner, then i play play n do a heel n toe lo... when at the apex i step on the accelerator, there is no sound from the engine, n when i take a look at the rev meter, the needle is pointing at 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!! the engine stalled!
luckily the tyres didnt lock n no accident happened... i then park my car at the side n restart again, damn scary the moment... PHEWww

IN_Transit

Oct 19, 2004
hahahah :D thanks for the opinions guys... Nope, it's not the battery, mine's brand new. Could be one of the motors of whatever. However, it doesn't happen when it's at the mechanic's... as if the car is sentient or something! And it seems to be happening less now.. weird isn't it? My last Proton man.... <_<

heavyfoot

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
This what we call siemen ecu ;) ... happen to all new proton cars. :D

K20AEK

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
same thing happen to me. 1.6 wira. was on the highway doing 120. slow down to the round about then stalled when i totally stoped. i wonder if any piggy back system can save this problem. maybe is fuel ? one i fixed the air-con choke. then the engine runs fine but sometimes still like this but at least not as often as last time already.

Rigid

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
Originally posted by heavyfoot@Dec 7 2004, 14:21
This what we call siemen ecu ;) ... happen to all new proton cars. :D
waja using mitsu ;)