Volkswagen Models - The correct choice

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Yup, when mod time really shiok lo, especially when you have researched, source all over the place for the mod. How expensive also will feel that it's worth it. The driving experience thereafter, priceless.

But....like Bro DanzEterna said, when used car totally ignored what's your car condition / performance & just quote the 'market' price, really really :bawling::bawling:

Then again, that (modding) is a phase where most of us will go through, for the challenge, for the thrill, for trying to be different
if i had a younger brother sure i pass my eterna down to him......so sayang the car....but no choice
gotta sell it off.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if i had a younger brother sure i pass my eterna down to him......so sayang the car....but no choice
gotta sell it off.
Can park at my place loh! Wash and polish plus service also can, you can come weekend take go drive :driver:....hahahahahahahaha:biggrin:

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
gotta sell it off.
Totally understood how you felt but then the longer you keep it, the lesser the value. Then again, if you are staying in landed property shouldn't have problem keeping it for once in a while fun. I stay in apartment, no place to park

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Can park at my place loh! Wash and polish plus service also can, you can come weekend take go drive :driver:....hahahahahahahaha:biggrin:
F.O.C. service? What's the catch?:proud:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
aiya u never say earlier....summore your house compound so huge.....anyways nice to have bbq there haha :proud:

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Totally understood how you felt but then the longer you keep it, the lesser the value. Then again, if you are staying in landed property shouldn't have problem keeping it for once in a while fun. I stay in apartment, no place to park

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

totally agreed im also staying in an apartment with 1 parking lot, 2nd car need to park outside & its very dangerous + snatch thieves + break ins. so rather sell my car rather than park outside, as inside bay is for wife's car.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

no catch, bring your own oils & vr2turbo will diy for you..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No catch, I get to use Mon to Fri, he uses Sat and Sun :driver:.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

aiya u never say earlier....summore your house compound so huge.....anyways nice to have bbq there haha :proud:

no catch, bring your own oils & vr2turbo will diy for you..
I did mention to you, but I think you sold already.....:bawling:

Oil change can...DIT......:driver:

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
Getting used to it now but then, there are a few big questions here that i hope some sifus here can help to enlighten me: :hmmmm:

1. DSG Gear box operation
- On bumper to bumper crawl i.e. slow moving or move stop scenario (stopping for 10 - 15 sec), should I keep it engaged at D or N?

- On traffic light or ultra jam situation where stopping for 30 sec or more, should i engaged it at D or N?

2. Catalytic fluid (Ad Blue if not mistaken), how long before need to top up? how to check the level & where to get this?

3. Oil Temp; what's the normal operating temperature range?

Other than the above items, any other things that i should be on the look out for to ensure that my new mistress live reasonably longer? :love: Thanks all in advance. :adore:
Let me share my experience, thou a different model, but same engine.

1 (a) and (b) - IMO, if you feel the stop is short ie few seconds, just maintain it at D and use your brakes. If the stop is longer (maybe >15 seconds) engage the gear back to N. I always change the gear back to N, at Traffic Lights. This is to reduce the stress impossed on the engine and drivetrain, while you're forcing it to not-go.

2. Cat Fluid? Whats that? If anything needs to be topped up, it would your engine oil. Simply check its level on a weekly basis and top up accordingly. Only use recommended viscosity and maintain same brand when topping up, with original oil in the engine, ie dont mix.

3. Normal operating oil temp should range between 90-95. On spirited drives this can go up to even 105. Ensure to allow sufficient cool down before switching off engine. I often drive additional 5-10 KM after a good run, just to bring the temp back to mid 90's before parking it and switching off the engine.

Hope this helps bro. Welcome to the club and enjoy your ride. ~ a fellow new Conti owner, from JDM as well.

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Let me share my experience, thou a different model, but same engine.

1 (a) and (b) - IMO, if you feel the stop is short ie few seconds, just maintain it at D and use your brakes. If the stop is longer (maybe >15 seconds) engage the gear back to N. I always change the gear back to N, at Traffic Lights. This is to reduce the stress impossed on the engine and drivetrain, while you're forcing it to not-go.

2. Cat Fluid? Whats that? If anything needs to be topped up, it would your engine oil. Simply check its level on a weekly basis and top up accordingly. Only use recommended viscosity and maintain same brand when topping up, with original oil in the engine, ie dont mix.

3. Normal operating oil temp should range between 90-95. On spirited drives this can go up to even 105. Ensure to allow sufficient cool down before switching off engine. I often drive additional 5-10 KM after a good run, just to bring the temp back to mid 90's before parking it and switching off the engine.

Hope this helps bro. Welcome to the club and enjoy your ride. ~ a fellow new Conti owner, from JDM as well.
Thanks for the advice bro SideWaysGrey.

On items 2, read that there is this Cat Fluid or in VW term AdBlue but not sure if it's in 1.4 TSI models but definitely on Passat & CC.

Btw, which SC did you go for servicing?

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
Ive only hit abt 28+K now and did my first 15K service at Glenmarie. Had the mechatronics unit replaced as well. Once the car gets to 30K, will be taking it to the Seremban SC as Im based here so its convenient

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Ive only hit abt 28+K now and did my first 15K service at Glenmarie. Had the mechatronics unit replaced as well. Once the car gets to 30K, will be taking it to the Seremban SC as Im based here so its convenient
15k & mechatronic need replacement? What was the symptom?

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
I was lucky enough that the only symptom of worry was the CEL at around 14K+ km. I assumed it was a reminder to bring the car in for oil change as there was also another indicator that kept reminding in the main screen. On the day I drove to the SC, the car had sudden jerks which again I assumed was becoz fuel was very low (my bad) so I stopped and USJ and fuelled up and the jerks went away. Remainder of the journey was smooth, till the good men at the SC found the fault and told me the mechatronics unit is faulty and will need replacement.

Ive heard other horror stories of cars being stranded at traffic lights or beside the road and need to be towed. Still counting my lucky stars till today over this.

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
I was lucky enough that the only symptom of worry was the CEL at around 14K+ km. I assumed it was a reminder to bring the car in for oil change as there was also another indicator that kept reminding in the main screen. On the day I drove to the SC, the car had sudden jerks which again I assumed was becoz fuel was very low (my bad) so I stopped and USJ and fuelled up and the jerks went away. Remainder of the journey was smooth, till the good men at the SC found the fault and told me the mechatronics unit is faulty and will need replacement.

Ive heard other horror stories of cars being stranded at traffic lights or beside the road and need to be towed. Still counting my lucky stars till today over this.
Thanks for the pointers Bro SideWaysGrey.