VIOS new model- Suggestion for tyre/ rims

andy_lka

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Hi All Si Fu,

It has been many years since my last login to this forum

Need expert advice from all regarding tyre size and tyre brand.

My ride is New VIOS G Specs

Currently using 185/60/r15 Bridgestone Potenza RE080

It's time to change now and what will be the best choice for tyres to replaced?

Please also suggest..... will it better stick to 15" rim or ? I might change the tyre or rims in this coming few week...

MaNY THANKS~~~

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
I upgraded my Vios to 195/55/R15 tires. Upgrading the rims would definitely improve the handling, especially in corners.

I would recommended not to get too wide tires, or there might be too much drag on the car till it affects the FC. I guess you felt that this car's torque is a bit low...

andy_lka

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Hi Andy, congrats on your new ride.

Feel free to join the other owners at, www.vioszeroseven.com. It could be more helpful if you ask in a forum with same owners.

Cheers.

Hi Edward,

Many thanks for the link. :)

Bump:
I upgraded my Vios to 195/55/R15 tires. Upgrading the rims would definitely improve the handling, especially in corners.

I would recommended not to get too wide tires, or there might be too much drag on the car till it affects the FC. I guess you felt that this car's torque is a bit low...
Hi ylkien,

Is ur Vios the new version? Actually i'm 1 of those who book the new vios before it was launch :) year 07- november

Since my ori tyre is 185/06/r15, do you think it will be good if i changed to 195/60/r15? 55 is a bit low for my ride.

I will only consider to change rim when i want to get 205-215 width tyre but some foreman told me it will hit the fender with full turn esp sharp u-turn.

Another thing is, what will be a good tyre for my car? Budget not more thanRM250/pc.

i'm targetting at Yokohama and Michellin only. What would be the good 1?

thanks....

toyoT1R

May 14, 2009
if u change to 16 inch the FC is increse abit and the tyre is damm expensive!for me, better to stick to 15.for better FC.why not u try using 195/55/15?more tyer choice.the best yet not been tested by me are yokohama AD seris...the latest AD 08.apart from that try yokohama s drive.but if u want cantik thered toyo T1R is cantik to me.performance wise very good in hot wether and 8/10 in the wet.cant beat eagle F1

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A saga knocked my waja's hood in (right at the nose :p) and i'll be looking to replace the entire hood probably. Anyone can recommend me a bodyshop? Somewhere not too far off from kelana jaya area?

also anyone know how much approx. would a new waja hood + paint (regular silver) cost? Thanks in advance :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience