Used Tyres?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Mandrake

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
JB
www.benjaminwang.com
Everyday as I pass a row of shophouses near my home I notice a shop with a big banner selling used tyres. I wondering if it worth it to buy used when I decide to upgrade rim size or need to replace my tires, anyone got experience?
Is it safe to use? Comfortable etc....
Importantly, is it much cheaper then brand new ones?

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
yeah you could save quite a bit, but u still have to be very cautious...
condition of the tyre needs to be looked at carefully. Look for cracked walls, cracked inner wells, puncture marks and most importantly is the manufactured date... if the tyre is still in good condition with plenty of thread left, but was manufactured 2-3 years ago, its still not gonna grip/perform well as the tyre would have hardened...

dean75

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
Port Dickson
hhmm...not worth it....used tyre, to me, only to be use when you have less budget
to buy a new set of tyre. But then it's also depends on year of manufacture and the condition of tyre.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
if ur a drifter..2nd hand tires is the best way to save.. :biggrin:

but if u are thinking about using it till the next change..better buy a new set..

but if ur on a tight budget...be very VERY cautious..! :secruity:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
those tyres normaly for ppl in tight budget..

my fren wanna sell off his car but then car tyres all botak....instead of getting four pieces of new tyres, he choose used tyre tat cost him less than rm100 for 4pieces including Balancing...wat a good deal huh...

save money...can use..but only for temporary..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What's rarer than a car, only two in the world, made for a lady of the royal family? Why it's the Bentley State Limousine! The Bentley State Limousine was commissioned to Queen Elizabeth II in 2002 for her Golden Jubilee. It's rarer than the Rolls-Royce Phantom IV, of which just 18 were built for royalty and heads of state. The Bentley State Limousine is stored in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience