unhealthy marketing strategy

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I'm not talking about scratch & win. I'm talking about those hidden cost marketing strategy widely spread after the successful of Air Asia. Recently, saw an ad for jap tour for RM1.6k for 4D3N. Really unbelievable. But after check the details, it is just a ground trip which is excluding flight tickets. This leave me a doubt if there is any hidden cost that hide behind the hidden cost. MAS also another one. Put the flight ticket price so cheap. but end up with need to pay about 50% more from the ticket price for fuel surcharge, service charge and etc. Flight ticket for 2 is RM3k+ but after add in everything, it become RM5k+. KNS, if scratch & win is illegal, this type of hidden cost thing should be banned! All prices must show the exact figure that consumer is gonna pay. Not to BAIT THE CONSUMER and make them spend more in the end. When 1 side control the credit card but another allow this type of business strategy to live, the effort of reducing bankruptcy is just No Action Talk Only :banghead::banghead::banghead:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
If anything is too good to be true ,it probably is.....

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
actually is not unhealthy but is unlawful.

Not only flight industry , but the serious problem lies in food industry as well.
All the big brand name "N" "M" and so much more all advertise and label "no preservative" "no coloring" "no flavouring" "no sweetener" "no this no that"... but in the ingredient, very [finely] printed : permitted flavouring : permitted natural coloring : sukrose " furctose

All these are totally committing crime under our eye and still law maker is applauding them for giving Malaysia job

Same goes to housing, car, servicing, and even medical.

When you go buy a house, the plan or layout is just merely for show. The olympic size swimming pool or the 10acre taman within your compound is just purely for illustration. If you ask, they will tell you merely for illustration.

Do you ever bought a new car that is actually the car you drove? How many people got the chance to say "I will not take this car, please let me have the one next ?" it is impossible, 2nd car dealing is actually more transparent than the new car where more rules apply on them

talk about service? how many time you are screw over a over price nasi campur ?

Hospital? Seriously I never ever saw a price list or guideline in any hospital at all... when you walked in you are expected to pay at the cashier at their will.... Government hospital in the other hand surprise me. Its written clearly, who pay what, and how much.

Is time for the consumer to really give the private sector marketing a headache, or else, in future to come, we ourselve will be in big headache....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That is why, always do comparisons, nowadays, most of their cheap flights are not cheap flights. After adding up everything it cost more than what is stated.

A friend of mine once compared both Malaysian Airlines and Air Asia prices for 2-way ticket to same area. End up, Malaysian Airlines, seems way cheaper.

They got the right to do so, you can't even sue them as they do put the mark '*' there. So, they would just say, terms
and conditions applied. If they didn't put that symbol then is arguable or can sue them for that.

Just the same goes to food menu. You will usually see they put a very small word at the bottom, for example "*Dishes in the menu are for illustration purpose only" If not they are gonna get sue. Some people will try to make some quick buck from doing that. Believe it.

Got to be real careful with terms and conditions.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is why, always do comparisons, nowadays, most of their cheap flights are not cheap flights. After adding up everything it cost more than what is stated.

A friend of mine once compared both Malaysian Airlines and Air Asia prices for 2-way ticket to same area. End up, Malaysian Airlines, seems way cheaper.

They got the right to do so, you can't even sue them as they do put the mark '*' there. So, they would just say, terms
and conditions applied. If they didn't put that symbol then is arguable or can sue them for that.

Just the same goes to food menu. You will usually see they put a very small word at the bottom, for example "*Dishes in the menu are for illustration purpose only" If not they are gonna get sue. Some people will try to make some quick buck from doing that. Believe it.

Got to be real careful with terms and conditions
Correct, read the terms and conditions properly. Even many in Group On buy. Many are ground tour only. The flight ticket thing they mention at the very end that you have to buy.......:banghead:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I've been asking the same question since I was 10.. why Mcdonalds and KFC don't show the price I have to pay? Why take out the 6% GST in the price?

In other countries I've been, the price advertised is inclusive of the government tax. Then you gotta really ask yourself, who owns McDonalds and KFC in Malaysia? And most of the other major businesses.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've been asking the same question since I was 10.. why Mcdonalds and KFC don't show the price I have to pay? Why take out the 6% GST in the price?

In other countries I've been, the price advertised is inclusive of the government tax. Then you gotta really ask yourself, who owns McDonalds and KFC in Malaysia? And most of the other major businesses.
Talking about McDonalds, be-careful of the free items. especially like buy one set, free one burger. If you are a big eater then fine, whack the set plus the free burger, but if you are going to share the free item with your colleague or friend, calculate first. This is because my colleagues went for one of this offer. One set fine for one person, free burger goes to second colleague, but second colleague got no drinks and fries, and when she buys these the cost comes back to square one or even more expensive as these items bought alone does not have discount like set meals.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's why T&C = Think and Calculate...

U got to read the terms and conditions then calculate if the free or discounted items is worth buying/purchasing :rofl: :LOL!

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
When I got too free, I'm gonna shoot a letter to Pengguna and ask what is the parliament problem for closing 1 eye and let businessman keep on baiting consumer. Probably start whacking those scratch & win promoter in public and create news then use the opportunity to shoot the gov on the newspaper.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
These are manipulations, not marketing. Only when they know they can't compete nakedly they resort to manipulation in every aspect of their business. Frankly said they are insecure and have no confidence in their products and services.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
sometimes, i think the blame should be on the consumers, even though the tactics employed are unhealthy by businessman.

To be conned, or not be conned depends how smart the consumers. Explains in a saying "The fools and his money will soon parted".
In chinese there is a saying that there is never a "kap lar" jumping around the street.

Also, there are also consumers are simply too blinded with the tactics simply becoz they are greedy in nature. Thus, the businessmen exploit such weaknesses in these greedy ppl. Hell, look at the newspaper report...almost everyday there are cases of ppl get conned (again, again, and again) for some fast-fast get rich-rich schemes. The victims arent 3 years old kids. They are mature adults....Who can think rationally. But why they still fall for such too-good-to-be-true scheme?? Nobody put a gun to their forehead. Most of them are "willingly" be sucked into the too-good-to-be-true scheme. Heck, they even believe this was some once-in-a-life-time opportunity.

Polis and govt. have repeated adviced ppl not to fall for such schemes....yet....this scheming business thrives. More victims conned. So the a good question would be:

Are Malaysian getting more stupid by the day?

or

Are Malaysian are getting greedier by the day? (thus easier be conned)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
sometimes, i think the blame should be on the consumers, even though the tactics employed are unhealthy by businessman.

To be conned, or not be conned depends how smart the consumers. Explains in a saying "The fools and his money will soon parted".
In chinese there is a saying that there is never a "kap lar" jumping around the street.

Also, there are also consumers are simply too blinded with the tactics simply becoz they are greedy in nature. Thus, the businessmen exploit such weaknesses in these greedy ppl. Hell, look at the newspaper report...almost everyday there are cases of ppl get conned (again, again, and again) for some fast-fast get rich-rich schemes. The victims arent 3 years old kids. They are mature adults....Who can think rationally. But why they still fall for such too-good-to-be-true scheme?? Nobody put a gun to their forehead. Most of them are "willingly" be sucked into the too-good-to-be-true scheme. Heck, they even believe this was some once-in-a-life-time opportunity.

Polis and govt. have repeated adviced ppl not to fall for such schemes....yet....this scheming business thrives. More victims conned. So the a good question would be:

Are Malaysian getting more stupid by the day?

or

Are Malaysian are getting greedier by the day? (thus easier be conned)
Yah! but the conman also changing their tactics, that is why they are still able to con. Once that method is found out and reported, they change again. So it goes on.....:banghead:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
in stead of making good deal to earn business, baiting no need to spend money for improving or even maintain quality. Those big companies using baiting system but those scratch & win people use baiting as a title to cover their shameless psychology attack. The different is just like some countries send normal army to hit some countries VS some countries use bio weapon or suicide tactics to achieve the same target.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
same with mcd and kfc...after order...the price higher than stated.....
Experience once before...Ordered GCB RM9.95 I think then 1 Ala carte 6 pieces nugget at RM5.95...
End up total RM20.50..

I was like :hmmmm2: :dontknow: