how does both the charging work together
maybe abit more technical
i am not looking for a discussion which says
"first supercharge , then higher rpm turbocharge"
in detail would be better :) lets get technical guys
hope some supercharger guys dump in their ideas too

lets see wht kind of ideas you all do have

as for me im still wondering,
from the diagram i see that the turbocharger is sucking air from the supercharger , as i do know this only works for stock turbo application
for high performance , basically it cant, because the turbo will need much much more air to suck and the supercharger will start to be a restriction to its suction

lets discuss more, when the turbocharger starts to kick it , how can we disable the supercharger, as i know the supercharger already driven by a pully

:)

hurmmmm....
one thing i've heard about in the toyota forum is the supercharge controller to stop the supercharger after the turbo kicks in...

to talk about the technical side, i'd have to read about it a little bit though...
coz i'm like abit "buta technical side"...:biggrin:

as i know some of them use a bypass valve
while some of them use a clutch type pulley , as desired boost kicks from the turbo , it supercharger pulley stops moving :)

on the latest issue of Modified mag, feat a Scion TC which is twincharged. I didnt give it a details read but the power able to achieved was 27xwhp. which i think its way too low for such a complicated setup not to mentioned also the cost involved.

Twincharged helps on low-mid rpm and gain big HP tru big turbo...... It will be a good setup where supercharge will helps at low end to push laggy turbo....... But replacement of supercharger or turbo would be killing you....

yeah , i also do tink so , maybe they created the system for better drivability and constant torque :)

but i do know a volvo , running Eaton m46 supercharger
taken over by a GT40r ballbearing turbo , speechless shooting out 560+ hp on wheel , but their reason for this setup was good :)
many ppl tend to aim for faster 400m drag race, but this beast did track times :) , imagine pecking corners with the support of ur supercharger, once u have a longer road range u hit the turbo in , thts a nice use of it :D

btw , although they dint intend a drag car :) it still beat mostly 90% of malaysian drag cars , hitting 10secs

here is the pic :D

mantagalleri111ex6.jpg

Last edited:
maybe you can try refer to turbo sang from drager racing. i think he did one twincharged vr4 and one 4g93. he might be able to explain better. cheers... i think he's working on one now.

since u mention it jin,if i'm i'm not mistaken,my friend did bring the h/cut
backt to m'sia in 2001.i've seen it before.even the b.o.v look classic.by
the look of the set up,i don't think it can generate hi hp but i'm not sure
of the torque.pity,the h/cut that my friend brought back from japan
is involved in a frontal collision but still manage to sell it off.:)

GT_Auto :D the way u r talking , errr sorry to ask :D r u a uncle or notttttttt
hehehehe, lot of experience :D
im only a kid laa on its education on auto tech

well from wat i have studied, latest twin charge system of VW supposingly work like this:

1) when engine speed is low, supercharger react at 1st by the pull from crankshaft and start to deliver more air, hence increase torque and hp in low rpm.

2) when engine speed is at mid range, when the turbocharger is getting enough pressure, turbocharger will start to deliver air into the engine along with the supercharger. hence providing a high boost at the same time.

3) the supercharger is attached to a electronic clutch which receive signals from ECU. when the engine speed is at high end, we know that supercharger will waste a lot of energy from the engine due to the mechanical connection btw them, mostly lose about 30% of energy. at this time ECU will disengage the clutch and hence the supercharger wont steal any power from the engine now. while at this high end speed, engine is providing sufficient exhaust pressure to the turbocharger to turn even higher speed and providing enough boost while not losing the power like the supercharger.

in this twincharging system, turbo lag can be reduced and the high boost can be obtain. torque and hp is great as well. the fuel consumption for the VW 1.4 TFSI engine is really good while giving a marvelous power.

Heard that VW is getting a VGT for this twincharging system as well.

sorry if i had any wrong info.

Top Bottom