Turn passion for cars into a profession

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
"In order to locate the necessary parts for my customers, I access sophisticated computer databases for auto parts," explains Liau. "I then apply my mathematical skills to understand measurements and dimensions of a particular car to know which parts will be the most suitable for it.''

Just the car model or parts number is sufficient to locate the parts. need to see drawing and apply mathematical skills to understand one ah ?? hahaha farking funny and stupid. bullshit to the max.
you need to campur tolak some numbers THEN you can understand the actual part number maa.
that one you dunno kaaa aiyaa :biggrin:

nafiiio

Known Member
Aug 22, 2006
normal workshop paying their mechanics salary how much?
anybody can contribute?

my mechanic is paying at the following rate. (this is based in Northern Region) all these without certificate holders la.
1. Newbie which knows nothing. MYR600-900
2. With some experience. Can change oil, replace coilovers and brakes pads. MYR800-1200
3. Can do alot of stuffs like engine conversion and all of the above. e.t.c MYR1500-2100
4. Can do modifications to engine, engine rebuild, transmission rebuild e.t.c (boss do himself.. cannot afford to pay others)
5. Degree holder (have not hire any yet at the moment)
which work shop can offer good salary after got Diploma or Degree from TOC? will it back to normal workshop?
That's what i mean bro ... I've been working for nearly 2 years .. and i know how hard to get a job nowadays . I had a hard time searching for a job after graduation with my degree and it's not even easy to score salary range between 2k above if u're newbie. I had to pay for my study loan RM500 monthly and the amount keep increasing annually.

My technician earn around 1k monthly or less with his diploma. I can't imagine if he had to pay the same amount like mine for the study loan.

I know there are some of you scored a good salary even without diploma or degree, but think bout the majority. Not everyone is lucky like you.

If you think that u're doin the right thing for your future.. then go ahead.

This is just my humble opinion ..

Freeflow

Known Member
Oct 6, 2009
Selangor
Damn i really was about to sign in to TOC ! Hm.... Now i dont really know whats going on dudes...

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
Damnn really like that ke?

Recently the admin,I mean the women was shown in "In Person" segment on Awani...got GTR somemore but dont know if it just wayang only or really the car the student need to learn & service...

Freeflow

Known Member
Oct 6, 2009
Selangor
what means wayang ? sorry my malay isnt that good still learning :D

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
wayang in this term mean "just for display only"...

BTW,the GTR was in grey colour.

Freeflow

Known Member
Oct 6, 2009
Selangor
Ah okey... The R34 that i saw on that day was black. Anyway what do u think , shouldn't i sign in to that TOC thing ? i mean i already have 2 diplomas in Automotive Parts sales, and one in Office Management. Done that in Switzerland. I may to the Bachelor in Business admin somewhere instead of going to TOC , right ?

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
OMG! he actually fasten engine without torque range wrench?
what a join!

jaymansion

Known Member
Sep 29, 2008
lol you guys screwed their adverts.....haha...
i don't know the reason la but my friend left TOC halfway also...:hmmmm:

Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
1- Hey Tom, How much they payin' yah for this advert xD lol...

2- Honda Altezza?????? <FAILED>

3- TOC has a lot of shortcomings, but the main one being the school is jam-packed worst then federal highway during peak hours... Which is why I don't get why they keep throwing the money out the windows on marketing and so on, when they don't have the facility to accommodate new students. They already divided the day in half to accommodate twice as much student at the cost of the student's time (think about it, cut the day in half and it takes you twice as long to complete a diploma whilst you could spend a full day in class like normal people would do and finish the course in half the time.).

subculture

Known Member
Nov 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
and you all think thats bad??

I am fellow student at " anonymous " college.....and a performance car enthusiast....

and as a car enthusiast studying in an automotive college youd expect a car which actually WORKS and can be WORKED on..youd also expect proper equipments to handle / use because this company is really really really big....

our PPE(personal protective equipment) is our steel cap boots...thats all...no eye protectors/ goggles, no ear muffs, gloves and no nothing......jack shiet.....

the car we work on is a DEAD proton saga....by dead i mean dead...

no windows....no wiper, no battery no nothing.., just shell and an engine which doesnt even work....the worst part is..........all the bolts are rounded.....and thats the only car we can work on....

, wheels are dented, tyres have wire plies coming out from them and they cant be inflated ...the car sits on jack stands 24/7

Battery tester / HDT and other equipments have to be borrowed from another branch or college...

we have no special tools....eg , compression tester ,pressure tester , Air compressor ,diagnostics and not even an alignment machine....

all we can do is just imagine how things work / youtube it to get the idea....we never get 2 see and work on the real deal or even a Dummy model....

we have to pretty much "BACK YARD" our way through every assignment.....meaning Digging and Hammering shit out and hammering it back in....its all about the hammering to do your assignment....

bad management in TOC?? more like bad management in malaysia...

not trying to fire you my friend...just venting out the same pain....

i agree that All these people think are money.....and keeping their boss happy because THEY brought more INCOME(students) to their company hoping for a pay rise/ promotion.....

just saying....my pain is worse than yours....

panjang ensem

Known Member
Jan 23, 2009
huhh was offered a job as an automotive lecturer in TOC end of last year, thnak god i did not accept the job as the pay was a little low, now after reading all these comments, good choice i have made.........

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
For those who are interested in involving with the Tipu Orang College. I think by now you should be able to judge whether what we all complaint were true or not. Whenever there's a new adv of this college here, many many will start to flame, so it can't be wrong right.

If you have passion for cars, go study something else which can earn you much more and then put your money on your automotive passion. If you are thinking to join this college simply because you like cars and wanna involve in automotive/motorsport, I bet you would be super disappointed. Why. This college will make you a mechanic, of which the pay is so low that you don't even need to think of affording a Kancil. It's the same thing even for those sifu who had many years of experience.

But then, your future is in your palm and you yourself are the one gonna make a difference in your life even if you are in a bad enviroment. Just giving opinion here.

And like others said, the management inside is sooooo terrible. Terribly disappointed.

Dear All,

Once again thank you for all your comments. And hopefully this will suffice in meeting your expectations:

Nafiiio:
Yes we are indeed more expensive than most of the other automotive colleges in Malaysia. But for a good reason, we reinvest 50% of our profits back into the facilities that students enjoy and for that we try to compete with expectations versus affordability.

xbalance2002:
Different workshops offer different pay remuneration. Its not only about the workshop, you will also need to look at (a) what you want to do (b) are you qualified to do it and lastly (c) timing. Over the years, the industry has seen a growth of start up income for technicians and we expect this to grow even larger as the importance of skilled technicians grows.

Ftzone:
Salaries for technicians or as you refer to them, mechanics have increased dramatically over the years. We have students now earning up to RM 2500 a month. Again, it depends on your qualifications and market growth. Some workshops pay less, but unfortunately that’s life, different things offer different remunerations.

We are doing our upmost best to give our current and future students the facilities they deserve to get the best automotive education. Like anything in this world we can only improve. You guys are all motorheads so you should understand that every action has a reaction. If we do not advertise, we don’t have enough interest from potential students and as already stated, whatever profits we obtain is ploughed back into upgrading the facilities for the use of our students.

Where we were 6 years ago and where we are now, have shown the world that we are improving year-on-year. And to satisfy everyone, is something impossible to do. Nothing and no-one can do that, but we do indeed do our best. Our equipments work perfectly fine, except that we do not allow ALL students to play with all our equipment as and when they like to. We need to manage it so that other students have an opportunity to do so. If everyone is allowed to do as they like, equipments may be damaged by incorrect usage and that will cause other students to never have the option of using it. That would not be fair now would it.

Our Skyline is not for show at all. It is always being used for Motorsport students studies, and supporting the statement above, it is not something everyone can use.

And our graduates who are indeed successful have had a combination of the best possible education + self respect to use that education to the fullest + a bit of money. Remember ultimately nothing in life is free. One can go through medical education but if they don’t want to, they will never become a great doctor, just a good one. Besides, medical education do not come cheap.

We believe that we are providing the best we can at this stage and we strive to improve all the time. Our standards are very high, and we require all students and even staff to have good knowledge of Math and English. So yes, to some comments, our students have to know Mathematics and have good English. But again, with anything in life there is always room for improvement.

Freeflow:
If you are interested in the automotive education that we provide, please come and visit the campus. See for yourself and if at the end of the day, you don’t feel what we offer is right, then make your decision but please do not do so based just on hearsay.

Thank you once again for all your comments.

doppelganger

Known Member
May 5, 2006
Dear All,

Once again thank you for all your comments. And hopefully this will suffice in meeting your expectations:

Nafiiio:
Yes we are indeed more expensive than most of the other automotive colleges in Malaysia. But for a good reason, we reinvest 50% of our profits back into the facilities that students enjoy and for that we try to compete with expectations versus affordability.

xbalance2002:
Different workshops offer different pay remuneration. Its not only about the workshop, you will also need to look at (a) what you want to do (b) are you qualified to do it and lastly (c) timing. Over the years, the industry has seen a growth of start up income for technicians and we expect this to grow even larger as the importance of skilled technicians grows.

Ftzone:
Salaries for technicians or as you refer to them, mechanics have increased dramatically over the years. We have students now earning up to RM 2500 a month. Again, it depends on your qualifications and market growth. Some workshops pay less, but unfortunately that’s life, different things offer different remunerations.

We are doing our upmost best to give our current and future students the facilities they deserve to get the best automotive education. Like anything in this world we can only improve. You guys are all motorheads so you should understand that every action has a reaction. If we do not advertise, we don’t have enough interest from potential students and as already stated, whatever profits we obtain is ploughed back into upgrading the facilities for the use of our students.

Where we were 6 years ago and where we are now, have shown the world that we are improving year-on-year. And to satisfy everyone, is something impossible to do. Nothing and no-one can do that, but we do indeed do our best. Our equipments work perfectly fine, except that we do not allow ALL students to play with all our equipment as and when they like to. We need to manage it so that other students have an opportunity to do so. If everyone is allowed to do as they like, equipments may be damaged by incorrect usage and that will cause other students to never have the option of using it. That would not be fair now would it.

Our Skyline is not for show at all. It is always being used for Motorsport students studies, and supporting the statement above, it is not something everyone can use.

And our graduates who are indeed successful have had a combination of the best possible education + self respect to use that education to the fullest + a bit of money. Remember ultimately nothing in life is free. One can go through medical education but if they don’t want to, they will never become a great doctor, just a good one. Besides, medical education do not come cheap.

We believe that we are providing the best we can at this stage and we strive to improve all the time. Our standards are very high, and we require all students and even staff to have good knowledge of Math and English. So yes, to some comments, our students have to know Mathematics and have good English. But again, with anything in life there is always room for improvement.

Freeflow:
If you are interested in the automotive education that we provide, please come and visit the campus. See for yourself and if at the end of the day, you don’t feel what we offer is right, then make your decision but please do not do so based just on hearsay.

Thank you once again for all your comments.
-1 :stupid::hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I previously went to their 1-day Workshop open to public and Autoworld members would get 50% discount at that time.

I was quite pleased and happy with what I have learnt from TOC 1-day workshop. I learnt a lot from there. Gain a lot of knowledge and some may just be the basic things like changing tyres and so but it is useful for newbies who never had any experience on those before.

In short, I'm satisfied with what I have learnt actually. I'm not quite sure about being a permanent student there but the lecturers were very helpful and friendly and they answered all our questions. Except my request to have a dyno run for the R34 was denied hehe! :rofl:

It wasn't V-Spec II Nur right? I was thinking the same that is not the real V-Spec II Nur. Looks more like a GT-T to me at that time. They have quite a lot of great cars. I took a few photos of them. Like the Subaru GC8, Subaru STi, the Skyline R34 and etcs.

I would say, the 1-Day workshop is worth going for newbies. You will learn quite a lot basic things to care for your car and what to do if u face certain problems. RM99 is worth the price. Thumbs up for this program :top: :top:

Well, can't comment much on the overall as mentioned, I'm not a full-time student there.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bro n sis,

My Putra is using the stock spoiler at the moment. If you havent seen one before, well, it looks tame, small, gentlemanlish...let's just say very low profile one.

I will put on bodykits on the car soon and I plan to install carbon fibre bonnet as well. Since I'm doing such a major "overhaul" of the body department of the car, I must also change the spoiler...

But I duno to go for the normal spoiler or put in a GT wing...What's the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience