Turbo Charge Car owner pls come advise

:banghead: You owned a RM300k car (price of new evo x) and people thought you owned a 123k car (Lancer GT). Perhaps you can show them the different engine and the 4WD system? Yours is the Twin Clutch SST or 5 speed manual model?

TC-SST ... Loved the SST on EvoX. Did a lot of research before looking for one. Did necessary mods and upkeep the SST Oil oil change before recommended service period (Costly, but better be safe)

After a while, already numb with the comments of what the car looks like or which brand... in the end, loving the power, comfort and handling of it.. :wavey:

:banghead: You owned a RM300k car (price of new evo x) and people thought you owned a 123k car (Lancer GT). Perhaps you can show them the different engine and the 4WD system? Yours is the Twin Clutch SST or 5 speed manual model?

Worst, they think is Inspira.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

simple solution,
just jack your front hood1-2 inches, the hot air will exit thru it. i did that & it helps alot.

But I don't want to draw too much attention leh! That is why my VR got no emblem whatsoever. I have seen some people, they actually go near my parked VR and peep under the front bumper to look for the intercooler.....:rofl:

TC-SST ... Loved the SST on EvoX. Did a lot of research before looking for one. Did necessary mods and upkeep the SST Oil oil change before recommended service period (Costly, but better be safe)

After a while, already numb with the comments of what the car looks like or which brand... in the end, loving the power, comfort and handling of it.. :wavey:

Oh, SST. But I think manual Evo X is very rare in our country. However, I do know that the 25 units of police Evo X are all using manual transmission.

Worst, they think is Inspira.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

But I don't want to draw too much attention leh! That is why my VR got no emblem whatsoever. I have seen some people, they actually go near my parked VR and peep under the front bumper to look for the intercooler.....:rofl:

If you have Inspira manual, you can almost convert everything externally to look like manual Evo X already. Maybe not many will do it today, but 10 years later when Evo X parts have gone cheap, who knows how many will do such a conversion.

Eh, wait, your VR does not have intercooler?
And I've been wondering with this question for quite a while already. Why is it that when I saw pictures of old Galant VR-4, Silvia and a few more older turbo cars (all in their stock form), I can't find their stock intercooler at all in the picture. Do these cars come with an intercooler?

Oh, SST. But I think manual Evo X is very rare in our country. However, I do know that the 25 units of police Evo X are all using manual transmission.

If you have Inspira manual, you can almost convert everything externally to look like manual Evo X already. Maybe not many will do it today, but 10 years later when Evo X parts have gone cheap, who knows how many will do such a conversion.

And I've been wondering with this question for quite a while already. Why is it that when I saw pictures of old Galant VR-4, Silvia and a few more older turbo cars (all in their stock form), I can't find their stock intercooler at all in the picture. Do these cars come with an intercooler?

Usually the original intercooler is quite small & not front-mounted, that's why it's not shouting 'OMFG intercooler'. :biggrin:

Even the ori 1JZ/RB20DET intercooler is smaller than those aftermarket smallest intercooler.

Small turbo, big turbo, lags! You get what i mean 'wink wink'.

Usually the original intercooler is quite small & not front-mounted, that's why it's not shouting 'OMFG intercooler'. :biggrin:

Even the ori 1JZ/RB20DET intercooler is smaller than those aftermarket smallest intercooler.

No wonder it is not noticeable at all. But for Lancer Evo, their intercooler is very obvious. Same goes for BNR32, BCNR33, BNR34.

Small turbo, big turbo, lags! You get what i mean 'wink wink'.

Huh? We're talking bout intercooler here...

Even now many has done the conversion - even to the extent of knocking out the rear fenders to mimic the CZ4A's rear wide body. Sure, one quick look many would thought it is the real deal. But again, it is easy to spot the difference.

Personally, for me - all show and no go is not my cup of tea.

Threadstarter, another point of view towards modern cars shutting down due to high temp could not always due to the engine. Automatic or dual-clutch systems fitted in modern cars today also has a separate TCU that monitors for temp change and etc. In the event of excessive heat and fault was detected, the car will go into a limp mode.

Have brother. The standard intercooler nicely hidden behind the bumper. From top hard to see. If bend down slightly can see it....:driver:

Even now many has done the conversion - even to the extent of knocking out the rear fenders to mimic the CZ4A's rear wide body. Sure, one quick look many would thought it is the real deal. But again, it is easy to spot the difference.

Threadstarter, another point of view towards modern cars shutting down due to high temp could not always due to the engine. Automatic or dual-clutch systems fitted in modern cars today also has a separate TCU that monitors for temp change and etc. In the event of excessive heat and fault was detected, the car will go into a limp mode.

If it is something like this?
attachment.php
attachment.php

The rear fender looks very well converted.

Last edited:
Fuel Covers : EvoX is Square. The above did it quite well.
Front bumper vents : Should see Intercooler
Side gills : Should be a hole not stick on.
Rear Bumper : EvoX is shorter.
Rear Door : EvoX is shorter by 1 inch.
Roof : Noticed there are 2 "ribs" on the top near the side drains?

Following from behind the car.. look at the lower arm. Huge difference.
Wheel... Minimum 235 wide

Fenders, Hood and Roof (for non sunroof models) are alluminium... test it with a magnet.. it will not stick..

among other more...

Last but not least... just provoke one and see how fast it takes off.... Hahaha...

Anyway.. off topic already.. this thread should be about Turbo Engine heating up

Fenders, Hood and Roof (for non sunroof models) are alluminium... test it with a magnet.. it will not stick..

among other more...

Last but not least... just provoke one and see how fast it takes off.... Hahaha...

Anyway.. off topic already.. this thread should be about Turbo Engine heating up

Wahhhh, change signature dy. Nice SR wor.

among other more...

How about this one I posted on another thread?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/432401-choice-of-project-car-33.html

Yeah I know this guy, one of the member in the club. Definitely a nice conversion I must say.

Almost full external conversion at a cost near to recon or second hand Evox.

Still noticable at ...
Twin pipe diameter is small. 4B11T requires larger piping
Engine note. N/A hum is higher pitch

Interior even more differences...
And performance...

With the same money spent, just get a real one...

Yeah I know this guy, one of the member in the club. Definitely a nice conversion I must say.

Still noticable at ...

And performance...

I don't get it, why he don't wanna get a used Evo X. Adoi

Still noticable at ...

And performance...

Interior can be changed if you have parts from Evo X halfcut dashboard. I can see that the RPM/Speedometer gauge is different. The gear stick is also different with the TC-SST. Unless you are using Inspira manual which can mimic the manual Evo X gear stick.

But still, credits still goes to the owner who spent so much effort and money in converting his Lancer GT. :biggrin:

I don't get it, why he don't wanna get a used Evo X. Adoi

He might have the money for the conversion (which the total cost might be same as a recond Evo X) but you forgot about the maintenance of a real Evo. It is way more expensive compared to the maintenance of Lancer GT. I'm talking about turbocharged engine VS NA engine, FWD VS 4WD, CVT auto VS double clutch gearbox (unless he gets a manual), fuel consumption.

Top Bottom